1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

RI Multigun 2019

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting General' started by C. Stockwell, May 4, 2019.

1. C. Stockwell

C. Stockwell NES Member

This is a thread that lists all multigun matches in RI. The RI 3-Gun Facebook is private and I prefer NES's format.

2019 Matches Remaining:

9/28/2019 Tri-Town PCC
    10/6/2019 Bradford Sportmens'
    10/13/2019 Wallum Lake
    11/3/2019 Bradford Sportmens'

Attached here is the current as of May, 2019 RI 3Gun rulebook, which is an outlaw "run what you brought" format that all clubs except for Bradford follow. Bradford is USPSA.

Bradford Sportsmen’s Club | PractiScore

Narragansett Gun Club | PractiScore

Pine Tree Gun Club | PractiScore

Wallum Lake Rod and Gun club | PractiScore

Elite Indoor Gun Range | Safe. Welcome. Respected. | PractiScore

Tri-Town Rod and Gun | PractiScore

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019 at 4:24 AM
    wmassregulators likes this.

2. C. Stockwell

C. Stockwell NES Member

Elite will host an "Intro to 3-Gun" event on 6/23. Costs $20 and will be from 10am to 3pm. Registration opens on May 12th @ 8am.

Home | PractiScore

3. C. Stockwell

C. Stockwell NES Member

4. C. Stockwell

C. Stockwell NES Member

Pine Tree will have a first, proof of concept, match on 6/16. Registration is open on this upcoming Saturday. Edit: per Practiscore, Pine Tree follows the RI 3-Gun rulesbook.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  5. C. Stockwell

C. Stockwell NES Member

Pine Tree's Father's Day match will open up on Practiscore on noon Saturday, 5/18. Round count TBD.

Home | PractiScore

6. C. Stockwell

C. Stockwell NES Member

Registration for Pine Tree's Father's Day (6/16) match is now open.

Home | PractiScore

7. C. Stockwell

C. Stockwell NES Member

Pine Tree's initial 3-gun match went off well today. Everyone seemed to like the stages. $15 for 3 stages.

8. Sharkyshark

Sharkyshark

The Bradford's matches are shotgun/pistol, correct? I move to RI in September, and I'd like to get into practical shooting competitions.

9. C. Stockwell

C. Stockwell NES Member

There's a mix. The next Bradford match is on 9/8 and is a shotgun + pistol "2-gun" match. Bradford adheres to USPSA rules and their matches are more along the lines of a USPSA 3-gun match rather than an InRange 2-gun match (at Bradford you'll see baby carriage gun carriers, the 3-gun shotgun shell carriers, more "gamer" gear).

There's plenty of spots left open for the 9/8 match.

Home | PractiScore

Sharkyshark likes this.
  10. Sharkyshark

Sharkyshark

I'd love to join the 9/8 match, but I don't have a handgun of my own. I think if I go to the DMV as soon as I get to RI I should be able to get one in time for the October match, but that all depends on how quickly the license gets to me. Still, I can't wait to get started in practical shooting!

11. C. Stockwell

C. Stockwell NES Member

If you join the "RI 3Gun" Facebook group, introduce yourself, and ask very nicely if you can borrow a pistol, someone should be willing to assist. If you want to go this route, I suggest signing up on Practiscore ASAP. Alternatively, feel free to come down and watch and ask questions and see what you need for gear.

Are you planning on getting a RI town-issued concealed carry permit? This will allow you to, once you have it, not have to deal with the seven-day waiting period. Just in case you don't know this, if you don't have a town-issued carry permit, you'll need a "Blue Card" or a Hunter's Safety Card to buy a handgun in RI.

Sharkyshark likes this.
  12. Sharkyshark

Sharkyshark

I didn't think about borrowing equipment. I followed your suggestion and registered on practiscore, and requested to join the FB group as well. I plan to get a ccw permit (mostly because I can't get one here in California), and intend to take the blue card test as soon as I can. I'm definitely looking forward to not having to deal with California's handgun roster!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  13. C. Stockwell

C. Stockwell NES Member

You should probably start a new thread about getting your RI carry permit if you need any advice. I would suggest getting your Hunter's Safety Card instead of taking the Blue Card test because you won't have to do both if you later want to hunt, either in RI or in another state. The Hunter's Safety Card kills two birds with one stone and the test is administered both in-person and online.

Make sure you register for the match and pick a squad you want to be on also on Practiscore. Probably would be good to pick the same squad as the person whose's pistol you're using.

Sharkyshark likes this.
  14. Sharkyshark

Sharkyshark

Yup, registered for the match. I'm holding off on picking a squad to see if I can borrow a pistol first. I doubt I'll be hunting any time soon, and the blue card test is free (unless I'm mistaken) so I'm going to stick with that route. I'll cross the carry permit bridge when I get to it, I doubt I'll be applying right when I move in. Thanks for the advice, though!

15. C. Stockwell

C. Stockwell NES Member

Bradford's 2-gun match went very well today. Interesting stages. I'll probably shoot any remaining matches at Bradford and Pine Tree this year. May also shoot the 9/28 PCC match at Tri-Town.

16. C. Stockwell

C. Stockwell NES Member

Registration for Bradford's 10/6 match opens up at 8:30 this morning. There's going to be off-hand shooting with both shotgun and pistol. Sling will be required for shotgun.

Home | PractiScore