• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RI Gun Shops are Asking Customers to Sign Up for Legislative Alerts

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
I've thought about this type of stuff for years. If every club had a GOAL "representative" that hung out at the renewal meeting. Offer some sort of discount for new GOAL members in the club. Everyone talking it up. GOAL would get more members AND more folks getting the Friday Funnies from GOAL.

But it's a grass-roots idea I'm trying to figure out how to make work on a bigger scale. It's a one-at-a-timin type thing which means it's years of work to even get it off the ground. :(

I like the Leg-Alert thing at the gun store, tho.

They're about 30 years too late in RI.
Why do you say that ? The worst thing so far is the 7 day wait. Compared to Mass. and Conn. Rhode Island ,some how is not that bad, no registration, no assault rifle control no magazine limit no special cards to buy ammo. no nothing, yet.

Back when I was running CRAL in RI years ago, I tried to get gun shops involved in the fight, but it was futile. They had no interest in protecting their own business

Back when I was running CRAL in RI years ago, I tried to get gun shops involved in the fight, but it was futile. They had no interest in protecting their own business

Times have changed. I've seen the owners of Midstate and Heritage at the State House. Other shops close for the staff, owners, and customers to go to the State House. Within the last few years, the gun stores have been some very strong advocates.

I've thought about this type of stuff for years. If every club had a GOAL "representative" that hung out at the renewal meeting. Offer some sort of discount for new GOAL members in the club. Everyone talking it up. GOAL would get more members AND more folks getting the Friday Funnies from GOAL.

But it's a grass-roots idea I'm trying to figure out how to make work on a bigger scale. It's a one-at-a-timin type thing which means it's years of work to even get it off the ground. :(

I like the Leg-Alert thing at the gun store, tho.
I have said it many times in regard to club meetings that when the Legislative committee starts talking, fudds start walking. It won't affect their trap and beer so who gives a shit.

Times have changed. I've seen the owners of Midstate and Heritage at the State House. Other shops close for the staff, owners, and customers to go to the State House. Within the last few years, the gun stores have been some very strong advocates.

That's good to hear

When is the best time to plant a tree??? 20-30 years ago.
When is the second best time to plant a tree??? Today

Back
Top Bottom