• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RI Gun Control Hearings and Rally - WE NEED YOUR HELP

RI Senate will be hearing numerous gun control bills on April 25 at 4:30pm

Rally on the State House grounds on May 1, from 2-4pm, just before the hearings.

RI House's hearing will be on May 1 at 4:30pm

Details of the bills can be found at www.cralri.com

We CAN defeat these bills with your help:

1. Call all of your elected officials in the House and Senate and ask them to vote against all of the gun control bills. Advise them that you will support their challengers in the next Primary if they support the bills. Find your elected officials at www.cralri.com

2. Show up at the State House for the hearings even if you do not intend on speaking to show your supports

3. Show up at the Rally to show the public, media and the legislators the strength of our numbers

4: Tell all of your friends.

Last edited:
I plan on going to both hearings. Where do I park, Where do I go, What time should I get there? Should I make a sign? Should I prepare testimony?

Parking is questionable. There is a lot on the front side of the State House opposite side of the city, but the fills quick. Will have to find a lot or park on the street.

Make a sign for the Rally, but I am not sure they will allow them inside or not. We will be offering free yellow buttons that will let everyone know what side you are on.

They offer a speakers list about 1 hour or so before the hearing (330). The earlier you get there, the earlier you can speak. If you are not speaking, you can show up when the hearings start at 430

Anyone can get ahold of me directly at [email protected] if they need.

If anyone else is going from Newport area PM me and we can car pool. I plan on leaving here @ 2:45. I plan on making lots of copies of my letter and give them out to the committee members in the event I do not get to speak.

If anyone else is going from Newport area PM me and we can car pool. I plan on leaving here @ 2:45. I plan on making lots of copies of my letter and give them out to the committee members in the event I do not get to speak.

I'll be heading up for the 5/1 rally from Newport.

We should get a few locals together who plan to testify, so we can work as a team so that each of us can concentrate on specific bills, edit and proof read testimony, formulate better arguments, etc.

I'll be heading up for the 5/1 rally from Newport.

We should get a few locals together who plan to testify, so we can work as a team so that each of us can concentrate on specific bills, edit and proof read testimony, formulate better arguments, etc.
Read backwards in this thread, and contact DavidK. He is coordinating testimony for several people.

I will be out of new england for the rally or I would come and help show support. free bump to the top for you guys in RI

Back
Top Bottom