RI Assault rifle Laws

Hey I recently moved to RI and have already got my Blue Card and currently own two pistols and a bolt action rifle. I am looking to expand my collection to include an AR-15 and was wondering if they are legal to purchase in RI and if they are what steps do I have to do to obtain my right to own.

yes they are legal to own with all the standard exclusions; minor, felon, moron, etc. However, you may find the supply is VERY limited, pre election, there was a run on all the black rifles.

Just find one you like and give the owner some money, wait 7 days [sad2], pick it up and go have fun with it. [wink]

Last time I was at D&L they had a couple, but as stated the supply is getting low. If you can't seem to find one locally, you can buy one in NH at a gun shop, or you can find one in MA and have it shipped to your favorite RI shop.

Just find one you like and give the owner some money, wait 7 days [sad2], pick it up and go have fun with it. [wink]

Last time I was at D&L they had a couple, but as stated the supply is getting low. If you can't seem to find one locally, you can buy one in NH at a gun shop, or you can find one in MA and have it shipped to your favorite RI shop.

Dave's Discount Guns in Warwick had a couple AR's in stock when I was there last weekend, if I remember correctly.

I've yet to check that place out. To be honest I have only been in 4 shops in RI.

D&L - whom I have bought my M70 from
Bullseye - whom I have only bout mags and ammo from
Competition Shooting - John seems to be a great guy, I just haven't had money to buy anything from him yet
Santurri - Well his old shop was in Pawtucket. I used him for a transfer or two.

The last time I was in Foster Bear Arms they had a few AR's. They are a little pricey though and asking if they will come down a little always got me a NO. They apparently seem to have an abundance of consignment firearms since thay is why I am told they cannot move on price.
Big Bear doesnt usually stock them either. They have more hunting rifles and shotguns although they are always willing to order you something.

Back
Top Bottom