RI and Utah nonresident LTC

I have Mass and Florida. I submitted complete application packages to each state including RI qualifying documents. Crickets. It’s been 2-3 months, does anybody have experience on the waiting time on these two states?
Thanks, Jeff

I have Mass and Florida. I submitted complete application packages to each state including RI qualifying documents. Crickets. It’s been 2-3 months, does anybody have experience on the waiting time on these two states?
Thanks, Jeff
Ya, Utah non-rez

They issue on the 60th day after receiving your app package so you’ll get it appx a week later

For RI, did you apply to the AG's office, or to a town? If a town, which one? They're all different. If you applied to the AG's office, good luck!

Frank

Is it true in RI if you use a 45ACP pistol to qualify the range test and pass, you're deemed good enough to carry a 44MAG? Cause it's a smaller number?

Qualify RI with a.45, I did it with 9mm and thus I am restricted to 9 & 357. I have a date to requalify with.45
Amazing. I didn't know this.

I should do it, but I when I do, I will be going with the 45/70, unless I can borrow a 500 from someone.

Is there a website with the process to apply?
Or do you mind posting it so I can check it out?

I had to go to Foster PD to pick up the packet. That was by appointment. I used them as I was told they are 2a friendly. They were very good to work with, highly recommend them. Qualifying wasn’t bad, I suck and still passed so don’t sweat it to much. The packet tells you exactly what is needed. It is a lot of stuff compared to Florida or Utah.

Time to renew RI permit, application changed from last time - now requires notarized letter from 3 references, previous application only required name/address of references.

Any guidance on content and wording of the letter? (Reason for wanting permit will be same as previous time, "for all lawful purposes")

They didn’t ask for letters, only names, addresses, years known, occupation maybe
Time to renew RI permit, application changed from last time - now requires notarized letter from 3 references, previous application only required name/address of references.

Any guidance on content and wording of the letter? (Reason for wanting permit will be same as previous time, "for all lawful purposes")
They didn’t ask for reference letters, just names and addresses, years known, maybe occupation. There wasn’t a question about why you want the permit either.

They didn’t ask for letters, only names, addresses, years known, occupation maybe

They didn’t ask for reference letters, just names and addresses, years known, maybe occupation. There wasn’t a question about why you want the permit either.
Every town has its own requirements. My town also requires the notarized reference letters and reason for wanting the permit, but in Cranston, where I originally got my permit, for a renewal at least, they don't require letters, only names.

Frank

Back
Top Bottom