• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rhode Island Senate gun bills - status after the hearing

RI Senate gun bill status as of 4/26/13

Senate Bill No. 344
BY Raptakis, Lombardi, Lombardo, Conley
ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES -- WEAPONS (would set new penalties for 1st, 2nd and 3rd convictions for carrying a stolen firearm while committing a crime of violence, and would deny the person so convicted any benefit of deferment of sentence, suspension of sentence or parole)
{LC1041/1}
02/13/2013 Introduced, referred to Senate Judiciary
04/19/2013 Scheduled for hearing and/or consideration (04/25/2013)
04/25/2013 Committee recommended measure be held for further study

Senate Bill No. 425
(Attorney General)
BY Metts, Jabour
ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES -- WEAPONS (would make unlawful the possession of a firearm by a minor. This act would further provide for limited exceptions while the minor is in the presence of a qualified adult or participating in certain competitive or ceremonial events.)
{LC1307/1}
02/26/2013 Introduced, referred to Senate Judiciary

Senate Bill No. 455
(Attorney General)
BY Goldin, Conley, Goodwin, Satchell, Lynch
ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES (make it unlawful for person to receive/transport/possess any firearm which has had any maker/model/manufacturer's number or other mark of identification removed/altered/obliterated, except for antique and collectible weapons etc)
{LC997/1}
02/28/2013 Introduced, referred to Senate Judiciary

Senate Bill No. 859
(Governor)
BY Miller, Nesselbush, Goldin, Jabour
ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES -- GUN CONTROL AND SAFE FIREARMS ACT (would impose restrictions on the manufacture, transfer and possession of certain semiautomatic assault weapons. It would ban large capacity ammunition feed devices.)
{LC2370/1}
04/11/2013 Introduced, referred to Senate Judiciary

Senate Bill No. 860
(Governor)
BY Satchell, Archambault, Raptakis, Lombardi, Lombardo
ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES -- FIREARM VIOLATIONS (would increase the criminal penalties for carrying a stolen firearm while committing a violent crime, and would add a new section to the general laws relating to the possession of a stolen firearm.)
{LC2366/1}

Senate Resolution No. 862
(Governor)
BY Cool Rumsey, Goldin, Walaska, Archambault, Lombardi
ENTITLED, JOINT RESOLUTION CREATING A BEHAVIORAL HEALTH AND FIREARMS SAFETY TASK FORCE TO REVIEW, AND MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR, STATUTES RELATING TO FIREARMS AND BEHAVIORAL HEALTH ISSUES
{LC2368/1}
NO UPDATE ON STATUS

Senate Resolution No. 863
(Governor)
BY McCaffrey, Jabour, Walaska
ENTITLED, JOINT RESOLUTION CREATING A TASK FORCE ON FIREARMS STATUTES TO REVIEW, AND MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR, REVISING THE STATUTORY FRAMEWORK RELATING TO FIREARMS
{LC2367/1}
NO UPDATE ON STATUS

Senate Bill No. 864
(Attorney General)
BY Miller, Nesselbush, Goldin, Jabour, Satchell
ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES - WEAPONS (would make a number of changes to the statutes relating to the sale and possession of weapons and to the penalties for violating the same.)
{LC2364/1}

Senate Bill No. 865
(Attorney General)
BY Goldin, Conley, Nesselbush
ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES -- WEAPONS (would require any person requesting a license or permit to carry a pistol or revolver upon his/her person to undergo a national criminal records check and would limit those authorized to issue said license or permit to the office of attorney general)
{LC2365/1}

This isn't over make sure that you show up for the house vote next week at the State House

WEDNESDAY, MAY 1st
HOUSE HEARINGS: The House Hearings are schedule for 4:30/5:00 p.m. in Room 313. As with the Senate hearings, WE NEED YOU THERE to voice your support for Pro-Second Amendment bills and your opposition to Anti-Second Amendment bills!

The Rhode Island 2nd Amendment Coalition is sponsoring a rally on the Smith Street (North) Side of the Rhode Island State House from 2 to 4pm on Wednesday, May 1st before the House hearings begin. OUR LIBERTIES ARE AT STAKE! If you can possibly get the time off from work, we need you at this rally! We've seen what has happened in Connecticut and Chicago and Washington, DC. Don't let it happen here!

[iwojima]

When is Mass going have their little pow wow on Gun Bills? Looking to represent and support Mass against these shenanigans.

When is Mass going have their little pow wow on Gun Bills? Looking to represent and support Mass against these shenanigans.

You won't be waiting long. They are closely watching RI to see what they can do. Even if you don't live here you can show up in support at the hearings. Bodies are a possitive thing even if you don't speak.

Although it doesn't mean each bill is dead, I think pretty much every single bill being "held" is a great outcome! As others have said it's not over and we need to keep fighting, but this should be a good morale booster :)

Although it doesn't mean each bill is dead, I think pretty much every single bill being "held" is a great outcome! As others have said it's not over and we need to keep fighting, but this should be a good morale booster :)

Yea, this outcome gave me a huge boost to my morale. Heck I was making plans to move to KY.

Group rates on the trailer rentals? I was planning on a couple 40' boxes to move to either Ky or Tenn, with or without the wife. My plans were for early retirement and a part time job as a bourbon taste tester.
Dave
I hope it wasn't for Jack Daniels, that's a dry county. When you take the tour, all you get to do is "smell" the aromas, drove 800 miles out of the way on my way to Florida once for nothing.

I was at the hearing, was going to testify but had to leave at 10 pm.
Rep. Finn was hysterical with her "itsforthechildren" thing and statistics of unknown origin. Senator Metts, when heared from some witnesses that they are ready to defend their rights, got angry and yelled that he is the only one who has a right to be mad with the system... Because he is black. All others must shut up.

I was at the hearing, was going to testify but had to leave at 10 pm.
Rep. Finn was hysterical with her "itsforthechildren" thing and statistics of unknown origin. Senator Metts, when heared from some witnesses that they are ready to defend their rights, got angry and yelled that he is the only one who has a right to be mad with the system... Because he is black. All others must shut up.

I saw that on the live feed. He was mad because his great great grand parents were slaves. I think someone needs to seriously look at him and his motives and whether or not he is truly capable to honestly (and I use that term loosely for politicians) do his job without malice.

I'll ad this to his comments
If anybody should be mad it should be ME for you violating my Constitutional rights.

Back
Top Bottom