• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rhino Liner?

In God We Trust

NES Member
I have a new truck and am thinking about going with Rhino Liner. I have never actually seen one, but from what I have read, they are great as long as the guy doing the work knows what he is doing.

I'm wondering if anyone here can recommend a guy in the Leominster / Fitchburg area and what it might cost me? Also if anyone can comment on if it is worth the $ I would appreciate it! Thanks in advance.

As for the price, or who can do a good job , some one else can chime in

But as far as rhino liner goes i love it.
In our companies pick ups. My truck just has the regular molded plastic bed liner. And the newer truck has rhino liner.
I love the rhino liner because one time I left the tailgate down and drove 2 miles to the gas station, with a craftsman set of sockets on the tailgate. Wen I noticed I left it open with the sockets i was shocked that none of them even moved and I still had them all

Any textured liner ( Rhino, Linex etc.) is so much safer than those old style plastic inserts. I've picked up more lumber and plywood off of route 1 because of people try to pull out onto route 1 and they and punch it to get with the flow of traffic. I just hear the smack of the wood hitting asphalt followed by the screach of tires from the traffic trying to stop.

Was it fairly easy to do? I was looking at the hurculiner (sp?) but it looked like a pain in the butt.

as they say prep is everything.
Degrease the bed thouroughly with solvent,stir the product often and clean-up can be messy.
Like the ultimate coating POR-15 the herculiner is not UV resistant & will require a top coat.
...Again like POR-15 if it gets on your skin its on there for a long time (till it wears off) so avoild splatter on your face/hands.
I've gotten decent results/good value with the bedliner in a can

Our company work trucks have either Rhino Liner or Line-X. I can't tell the difference between the two. Both are great products. The beds of our work trucks take a beating and the spray liner has taken the abuse. I don't recall what the cost was.

The spray in liners work great unless whats going in your bed is sharp like a snowmobile with studs in the track, those will cut through the liner. Simply putting a peace of plywood down for things like tht will stop them from cutting through.

There is actually a Rhino of Leominster, on Viscoloid Ave. I was going to have my truck done, but wound up getting rid of it before. The price is around $500. (little more for 8 ft bed, little less for 6.5 ft bed) I know they have been there for years and I think you get a lifetime warranty on the liner. Give them a call (978) 534-5239.

Last edited:
Had Line-X installed as a dealer option for my Dodge truck in Malden. Messed it up hauling some sharp metal a year later and a Line-X dealer in New Hampshire repaired it for no charge. Good customer service.

I'm a dealer and I get vehicles with Rhino Liner every once in a while -- the damn stuff is hard as nails. I'm not a truck guy myself though, I just sell the vehicles. Regardless -- Rhino Liner is probably the most impressive stuff I've come across and I've probably seen everything. Take this with a slight grain of salt though since I'm not a truck guy and haven't personally owned/used one of these. This is just based off observing and selling the vehicles.

Love mine. It is not a rhino linner. I actually can not remember the brand, but when they put it in they were running a special and threw in the clear top coat. Beats a plastic linner any day. Well worth the $$.

If you were to consider a diy liner, a few brands that Jeep guys use in place of carpet are UPol Raptor and Al's Liner.

I've personally used Upol on 2 Jeeps... old 2000 Wrangler and current 2005 Wrangler Unlimited. The prep work is the same as for any other diy liner (it sucks, but if you get a good cleaner it makes your life a LOT easier) but the kit comes with a spray gun so it goes on very quickly and evenly. If you spray it you need to mask/tape off more than you would if you brush/roll it, but it comes out awesome. Mine looks professional even though I have zero experience with a spray gun. The kit comes with 4 bottles and each bottle sprays on in about 5 minutes.

$99 for the kit.... definitely worth it in my opinion if you're willing to put in the work.

I'd look into line-x as well.

+1 I have a line-x liner and it's great. Very tough. Cost depends on truck bed length and whether or not you want the top of the side rails sprayed. Every once and awhile you can find an online coupon which might be worth a little searching.

I've used it on a couple Jeep resto's. if you DIY it make sure the surface is clean. if you question it at all clean it again. That being said the only other thing to watch for is clumping. make sure you stir the product up so it spreads well.

The big difference between Rhino is Line-X is that Rhino is a bit "grippier", stuff slides around a bit more on the Line-X. If you can find a place that exclusively does Rhino, use it. My first truck was done by a guy in Taunton. Top notch job. He took all the screws and bolts out and protected the holes with golf tees. After spraying he put it all together nicely. Unfortunately stand alone dealers are going away due to the economy. I had my second truck done in Dedham at a shop that is also a body shop. Still a good job, but not quite as detail oriented as the first one.

When I priced mine out last summer, Rhino was just a bit less expensive than Line-X and there are more dealers around.

Oh, plan on leaving the truck for the whole day. I dropped mine off the night before, actually.

Custom Linings in Hudson,NH sprayed the Linex in my work truck and did a great job. All the edges were crisp and clean. Very durable.

I have a rhino and I love it. My advise is to get it over the rails of the truck too. A buddy of mine didn't and his factory bed rail covers are curling up. They look pretty crappy and we found some rust under them. I also put a rubber bed mat over the rhino. Keeps everything in place, nothing slides, and after 3 years the rhino still looks brand new.

Was it fairly easy to do? I was looking at the hurculiner (sp?) but it looked like a pain in the butt.
Hurculiner is what I used. It came out great and was just a durable as any of the professionally applied brands. I used to haul ALOT of granite in the back of my truck and that stuff never failed. I used a one gallon can and when I was done I ended up applying a quart can just to make it a little thicker on the back part of the floor. I think I had $125 invested which was easier for me to afford than $500-$600 the shops were asking at the time. I never thought it would be just as tough as the others but was pleasantly surprised when it was.

I just had the Rhino liner Xtreme done on my truck a few weeks ago, it looks really good and the guy did a great job. 6-1/2 foot bed cost me 450 done at Rhino liners of Cape Cod. I had another truck that also had Rhino liner but it was the old stuff. The new stuff is ten times better but my old one held up fine. If your gonna do Rhino do the Xtreme.

I had Line-X installed in my 2005 pick-up since day one and will be getting it on my next truck I get after I bury this one. It's seen a number construction projects every year, hauling machine shop equipment, scrap metal, gasoline, hydraulic oil, paint thinner, coolant and more. Not a tear, scratch or stain yet. It may have faded some, but I'm more concerned about it rusting out.

I kind of preferred the Line-x over the Rhino because it did not have the grip the Rhino lining had. I move a lot of things on pallets and found that if I needed to use the entire length of the bed, it was a pain in the ass to slide it in/out of the bed. I do have the rubber bed rug as well for all other times I want to keep things from sliding and for the additional dent protection. I suppose a piece of plywood would work equally as well with the Rhino liner...

Billy2 said:
My advise is to get it over the rails of the truck too.
+1 on this. I slide things over my rails all the time, still looks great.

I had it done to my own personal trucks, four in a row. My brother had it done to two.

It helps in many ways if you do not like slip. It makes it harder to push things in from the tailgate.

I used the Taunton dealer each time.

I added a soft tonneau cover to my truck this summer so I could store things locked in it. I added a swing out storage unit between the tailgate and the rear wheel on one side inside the bed, with a lock. Have left guns and ammo in it.

Back
Top Bottom