• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Revolvers - am I going backwards?

I enjoy both, get a Colt Python. Fun to shoot and a trigger as smooth as butter. Proven in the zombie apocalypse by Rick on Walking Dead.
ude2erad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I carry a 1911. If I had to sell my guns it's possible the last one I kept would be my model 29 S&W 44 mag.

A moon clip 9 mm K frame with a 4 inch barrel would be hard to say no to.

I enjoy both, get a Colt Python. Fun to shoot and a trigger as smooth as butter. Proven in the zombie apocalypse by Rick on Walking Dead.

I was looking at Colt's but I didn't want to take out a loan to get one, some sweet revolvers but awesomely expensive, if I end up with one it will be the family heirloom ~

Tim [thumbsup]

ude2erad.jpg

[rockon][rockon][rockon]

Also.....nothing says "wrong house *******" or "you tried to **** with the wrong guy *******" like a stainless steel 357 magnum revolver.........simply because from the business end the bad guy can see it is loaded......from across the room. And revolvers are just cool as hell. I carry a ruger sp101 daily......and feel very.....very well armed.

I've posted about this recently in my Charter Arms thread....My first purchase was a browning buckmark, followed by a Glock 17...since then Ive bought, sold, traded out several autos in the years I've been licensed, but in the last few years, I've been trending towards revolvers to the point where I still have the .22 and the 4506....

For whatever reason, I seem to be more confident with a wheelgun - I like them, aesthetically and in terms of function. Is this weird? I mean, in a world of technological wonder autos, I'm drawn for whatever reason to the old school lure of the sixgun.

There's gotta be a group therapy for guys like me!
here is why you probably have wheelgun confidence
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoXDzsuqXFg[/video]

[rockon][rockon][rockon]

Also.....nothing says "wrong house *******" or "you tried to **** with the wrong guy *******" like a stainless steel 357 magnum revolver.........simply because from the business end the bad guy can see it is loaded......from across the room. And revolvers are just cool as hell. I carry a ruger sp101 daily......and feel very.....very well armed.
in a one on one gun fight i would take a 4" 686 with round combat grip loaded with some 125gr sjhp ammo, you cant beat the balanced feel and 6 rounds that will go BANG.

3 inch barreled pistol is more concealable than a 3 inch barreled revolver. A smaller pistol is going to be more accurate than the same sized revolver because of the longer barrel length and have a higher velocity projectile. That said, one of my favorite and most carried is my S&W 442. I would not want to be struck anywhere on my body by that slow moving slug and I pity the fool who does. The organic shape of that revolver feels most comfortable against my hip and ankle.

Pilgrim that 32 HE looks just like one I just bought.
What's the serial? Mine is 507XXX range.
I'm dying to get more details on when it was made.

Alohadoug.
Maybe some day but I doubt it. I really fell in love with that 32 and I haven't even shot it yet.

The Ruger site has a SN# look up.

Tim

Sorry Tim, it's for a S&W
Thank you anyway. I have used the ruger site in the past for a Blackhawk I had. That's an awesome service they offer.

I need to break down and buy the standard catalog of s&w.
My wife wouldn't see me for weeks though. I would spending all of my spare time with that book planning my next purchase.

Pilgrim that 32 HE looks just like one I just bought.
What's the serial? Mine is 507XXX range.
I'm dying to get more details on when it was made.

mine is 34,7xx = M1903 1st change circa 1905

based on the serial #507,xxx, yours is a 32 Hand ejector 3rd model

"serial range 263001-536684 with 271,531 manufactured 1917-1942" per SCSW

I'd guess it was made about 1939 or 1940

mine is 34,7xx = M1903 1st change circa 1905

based on the serial #507,xxx, yours is a 32 Hand ejector 3rd model

"serial range 263001-536684 with 271,531 manufactured 1917-1942" per SCSW

I'd guess it was made about 1939 or 1940

Thanks pilgrim.
I noticed yours was an earlier model by the ejector rod but don't know enough about the external features to know how much earlier. It looks to be in beautiful condition though.
Is it a collector or a shooter?

Allright. I have a question I need clarified once and for all. Are revolvers subject to the AG's regs? And it's too bad that the EOPS tests revolvers too. There's a little NAA long barrel up in Pelham, NH that I really want to get. [angry]

Allright. I have a question I need clarified once and for all. Are revolvers subject to the AG's regs? And it's too bad that the EOPS tests revolvers too. There's a little NAA long barrel up in Pelham, NH that I really want to get. [angry]

Yup, they need to go thru a drop test, by the state

Thanks pilgrim.
I noticed yours was an earlier model by the ejector rod but don't know enough about the external features to know how much earlier. It looks to be in beautiful condition though.
Is it a collector or a shooter?

I try to shoot everything I have at least for a function test, but many are put away after that especially if the ammo is rare. I've got a few regular shooters, and I'm not against bringing out one of the others if I have enough ammo.

Question

Should I bother getting a 44 mag to shoot since I have a 357, is there that much of a difference to justify getting one for the range to shoot $1+ bullets, I just like the big caliber feel and at the moment am loving the revolver mystic, I could use the $ for smaller carry gun and put the 44 on hold, ( like that is easy right )

Tim [grin]

Question

Should I bother getting a 44 mag to shoot since I have a 357, is there that much of a difference to justify getting one for the range to shoot $1+ bullets, I just like the big caliber feel and at the moment am loving the revolver mystic, I could use the $ for smaller carry gun and put the 44 on hold, ( like that is easy right )

Tim [grin]
get a smith centennial 442 for carry, you'll get much more use than the 44. eventually ifsomeone drops a grand in your lap, grab that 44

Question

Should I bother getting a 44 mag to shoot since I have a 357, is there that much of a difference to justify getting one for the range to shoot $1w+ bullets, I just like the big caliber feel and at the moment am loving the revolver mystic, I could use the $ for smaller carry gun and put the 44 on hold, ( like that is easy right )

Tim [grin]

buy whichever you run into first, then get the other when you can.

Sometimes finding what you want can be difficult these days.

Last edited:
Question

Tim [grin]

Yes, there is a big difference.

Revolvers just look right! This is half of my BPD collection, the part I take to shows. All I have so far are their revolvers, still looking for a Glock 19 BPD marked (paying more than new retail for a used gun)

I think of hunting big game with a revolver, never thought of hunting it with a semi. Although I have hunted squirrel w/ S&W 41 and that was fun.

Sorry Tim, it's for a S&W
Thank you anyway. I have used the ruger site in the past for a Blackhawk I had. That's an awesome service they offer.

I need to break down and buy the standard catalog of s&w.
My wife wouldn't see me for weeks though. I would spending all of my spare time with that book planning my next purchase.

PM me if you want me to look it up in my copy.

It is an awesome book, though it ends up costing you a few thousand dollars over and above the $32 book price.

Back
Top Bottom