• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Revolver recommendation.

She's a keeper. Does she have any sisters?

No, no sisters,

She is in nursing school right now, Im going to propose when she gets out in a year or so. She is the one.

I need to get her some great stuff, ordered a mini tuck for her PM40, I was thinking about starting a AR build for her, she loves mine, but she wants a pink furnature one for herself.

No, no sisters,

She is in nursing school right now, Im going to propose when she gets out in a year or so. She is the one.

I need to get her some great stuff, ordered a mini tuck for her PM40, I was thinking about starting a AR build for her, she loves mine, but she wants a pink furnature one for herself.

Wow, she gives you guns as gifts and she is going to be a nurse? I would propose NOW before some other guy tries to steal her [smile]

You are going to LOVE that gun. Do you know which 686 she got you? (not that it matters, they are all great guns)

These post's about the model 19 have me thinking..... I'm missing my old one. Currently trying to contact the person I sold mine to. Wish me luck....

Wow, she gives you guns as gifts and she is going to be a nurse? I would propose NOW before some other guy tries to steal her [smile]

You are going to LOVE that gun. Do you know which 686 she got you? (not that it matters, they are all great guns)

I do, funny story actually.

Their was this sweet 6" 686 at flint for a great price, late 70's I believe (no lock and firing pin on the hammer) and the trigger was amazing. I would go their and play with it 3 times a week. I was about to go their and put it on layaway And it was gone. I was so sad but figured it wasn't ment to be.

So I started looking for another, they had another 70's 686 10" barrel but the price was too high for me and the other night I was talking to my girl about getting the 586 previously posted. I guess she got scared that I was going to buy one and handed me the slip for the 686 I wanted at flint.

She said she went their and asked the guys what I was looking and grabbed it.

She always picks out the Perfect gifts, I don't even know how she does it.

Reason number 483 that women are smarter than men. They pay attention

That's it.

She drops hint all the time, but it just doesn't compute with me.

But somehow I get her good gifts.

I think she is expecting gun stuff and she doesn't want that.

I got her a holster and I'll get her some jewelry, they love that.

I bought my wife a vacuum one year for Christmas and at first she was pissed.

So I said... " Why is it ok for you to buy me a tool or something else that I use to work around the house, but a good vacuum pisses you off?"

The first time she used it and realized how much time and energy it saved her she appreciated it.

I am not a total moron, I also got her a pair of diamond a sapphire earrings that matched the ring I got her the year before

I do, funny story actually.

Their was this sweet 6" 686 at flint for a great price, late 70's I believe (no lock and firing pin on the hammer) and the trigger was amazing. I would go their and play with it 3 times a week. I was about to go their and put it on layaway And it was gone. I was so sad but figured it wasn't ment to be.

So I started looking for another, they had another 70's 686 10" barrel but the price was too high for me and the other night I was talking to my girl about getting the 586 previously posted. I guess she got scared that I was going to buy one and handed me the slip for the 686 I wanted at flint.

She said she went their and asked the guys what I was looking and grabbed it.

She always picks out the Perfect gifts, I don't even know how she does it.

She's SMART! My wife does that all the time. She knows all the managers/owners of the gunstores I hang out in and come present time she'll just show up and ask what I've been drooling over. You got a good girl worth keeping. Anyway back to the 686, a pre lock with the pin mounted on the hammer is the most desirable configuration for many folks (all of them are great though). Those guns came from the factory with an outstanding trigger. You did VERY well!!

I prefer the S&W 686 with 4 inch barrel. The heavy underlug combined with the 6 inch barrel provides too much weight up front for my taste. You should try both the 4 and 6 inch versions before purchase.

An old 4" 686 was my first gun, and I'd buy the exact same thing if I had to do it all over again. I love that gun, and it'll get passed along to my kids when I'm dead and gone. More accurate than I am, runs flawlessly, makes the recoil of .38sp feel like a hot .22, and handles .357 mag like a champ. Can't say enough good things about it.

I found it online for about $350.

Back
Top Bottom