Revolver competitors

J

Jose

How well are revolver shooters represented in IDPA and USPSA in the NE area?

Here in Ohio there are very few. Usually I am the only one at IDPA matches and one of a couple or three at USPSA meets.

I shoot SSR in IDPA.

There isn't a big turn out for revolver in MA, but the quality of the shooters is very high, couple of master and a GM.

Around here Open is the biggest and most competitive division

Yup, what Supermoto said, for the two or three clubs I go to we get 2-4 revo shooters.
It's a great division IMO but I watch with a bit of envy when those Open shooters
blast thru a 32 round stage with 1 reload and a high teens time.

I'll keep shooting mine though, love getting all my brass back !!

I watch with a bit of envy when those Open shooters blast thru a 32 round stage with 1 reload and a high teens time.

That's funny. Sometimes I envy revolver shooters. The challenge of breaking down stages into 6s, the camaraderie of the few round gunners, and the thrill of beating some of the guys with the big sticks is appealing. However, then I put down that can of brake cleaner, crack a basement window, let the fumes clear, forget all about that crap, and get back to cleaning my comp. [smile]

Last IDPA I shot I was the only wheelgunner in the field.

Did take the "most accurate" title with 9 points down overall (7.5 sec total penalty including a 3 sec procedural) and beat 50% of all SSP shooters, so I think I'm holding my own.

Last IDPA I shot I was the only wheelgunner in the field.

Did take the "most accurate" title with 9 points down overall (7.5 sec total penalty including a 3 sec procedural) and beat 50% of all SSP shooters, so I think I'm holding my own.

You should meet Gene our resident IDPA wheel-gunner. He's pretty good at skeet too when his shotgunned does go kaboom!

I made the mistake of lending one of my wheelies to a shooting buddy a couple of years ago. Now, that's all he shoots matches with. BIG into it. Has LOTS of fun.

You should meet Gene our resident IDPA wheel-gunner. He's pretty good at skeet too when his shotgunned does go kaboom!

I'm about to restart my relationship with my shotguns. I haven't shot them in years, but skeet and sporting clays are what got me started into guns.

Back
Top Bottom