Revolver/Auto pistol

ya know ! ! ! I had a nice long post written for this and the damn thing
logged me off WTF !!! 3rd of 4th time it's done it to me [angry][angry][angry]

I was talking about local matches in central MA, which is all I have to go on. There are usually 1 or 2 revolver shooters at matches with ~30 participants.

My semi-autos have been nearly perfectly reliable. In the ~10k rounds I've fired through my GP35, I've had 3 failures. One was a mag that locked up because it was full of mud, one was a stovepipe caused by a weak round, and one was a stovepipe while shooting with gloves on.

Reliability goes down in grappling situations (with non-lethal marking cartridges), but I've only done that with semi-autos. I'm not sure how much of that is the marking cartridges and how much is the grappling.

jar: So far they haven't allowed grappling or wrestling of any kind at the PPC/pin matches I've attended. When they start that stuff, I'm out. Too old for going to the ground.

(that was a joke, jar.)

mmmmm... a 25-2 right?
That's the same type pistol I used to get classified in Revolver for USPSA.

btw according to the USPSA website the Class and division summary for MA is:

Open 71
Limited 87
Limited-10 62
Production 54
Revolver 21

Not quite Paul. 1955 Target not the 25-2

10mmDave: Do you hit that "remember me" option at login? I experienced the same vanishing post problem until someone clued me in a while back. Would have never found it myself as computers are still black magic to me.

Dave-

It is the time out feature of the forum. If an allotted amount of time passes and you have not posted or visited any threads (i.e. when you spend a lot of time typing a long thread) it logs you out for security reasons. You have to log back in before you can post again. Only problem is you lose the post you were typing.

So... if it is a long post; when you are finished typing, before hiting the submit button, highlight and copy the entire text you typed. This way if you had been logged off for "inactivity" you can simply log back in and paste your post back into the typing field and hit the submit button.

Dave-

It is the time out feature of the forum. If an allotted amount of time passes and you have not posted or visited any threads (i.e. when you spend a lot of time typing a long thread) it logs you out for security reasons. You have to log back in before you can post again. Only problem is you lose the post you were typing.

So... if it is a long post; when you are finished typing, before hiting the submit button, highlight and copy the entire text you typed. This way if you had been logged off for "inactivity" you can simply log back in and paste your post back into the typing field and hit the submit button.

Thanks for the info Whitey, as far as SAJohn's suggestion I thought that
option was to remember my login info so I don't have to type it everytime I
visit, we'll see how this works first.

Guess the time out feature keeps us from rambling [smile]

And yes RGS ...... We don't get no darn respect !![crying]

10MMDAVE is active with revolver, Mooney shoots revolver, I try, Jackie (woman shooter) shoots revo, and more.

Already signed up with Mooney for A7 in Revolver division.

Wheel guns are real guns

And I am honored by the mention here, and to be able to shoot with REVOroyalty like we have here... and RGS is just trying to be modest, he can drive a wheel pretty good, for a grumpy old plumbah... ;)

John (er, 9x21)- I shot my model 10 last weekend in a "semi-match" setting, and it was a blast- I really couldn't believe that the speedloaders can actually be as quick as they are...especially when I'm used to moons, and haven't shot a speedloader gun quickly in over a year and a half or longer.... I may have to do it more often (I can hear the bottom-loaders gagging already, and I LOVE it!)....

Back
Top Bottom