Revoked license if have AD/ND?

Just curious... been reading some forums about this and I never hear what happens after. Do you have to report it? In MA I bet you lose your LTC.

If you just do damage to your own property, if you do report it you are a damn fool. Almost guaranteed to cost you all your guns (confiscation) and your LTC for life in that town!

If someone gets injured or you damage someone else's property you better damn well report it and before anyone else does! It will still cost you dearly, but likely you might avoid prosecution.

LenS said:
If you just do damage to your own property, if you do report it you are a damn fool. Almost guaranteed to cost you all your guns (confiscation) and your LTC for life in that town!

Yeah... I guess I figured that. What happens if it's a LEO on/off duty? Do they lose their job and right to carry? [thinking]

Last edited by a moderator:
If it happens at the PD, they just hang another item on the wall to cover the hole or move some furniture! [NOT kidding]

If it happens at a LEOs home, see my comments above. No, usually (unless someone is injured/killed) there will be no repercussions for the officer (other than ribbing by other officers).

Sorry, your local licensing guy won't treat civilians the same way he'll treat his troops! That's real life in a nutshell.

If it happens on a range and nobody gets hurt, or if it happens on your own property, or somewhere you are alone, then nothing.

If you get caught, expect to be strung up by your thumbs on public display for daily flogging. Plus your gun collection will be dumped into the deepest abyss of the ocean floor.

SiameseRat said:
If it happens on a range and nobody gets hurt, or if it happens on your own property, or somewhere you are alone, then nothing.

If you get caught, expect to be strung up by your thumbs on public display for daily flogging. Plus your gun collection will be dumped into the deepest abyss of the ocean floor.
"Gun collection" should be changed to read "ARSENAL"[wink]

Hmm....I know somebody who was at a range, Had an "AD" and shot himself in the leg clean through with a .45

Drove himself to the hospital, the cops showed up because it was a gunshot wound. Interviewed him, declared it an accident and went on their way. He still had his LTC and his guns last I knew.........

Ironic, I read a story today in the newspaper (Brockton Enterprise) about a guy in Abington who shot him self in the leg at his house. Long story short, Hospital call PD, PD revokes license and takes guns....can't get the papers website up (southofboston.com) but bet the story is out on the net some place...

securityboy said:
Ironic, I read a story today in the newspaper (Brockton Enterprise) about a guy in Abington who shot him self in the leg at his house. Long story short, Hospital call PD, PD revokes license and takes guns....can't get the papers website up (southofboston.com) but bet the story is out on the net some place...

Maybe not a fair analogy.. but I find it amazing that one can "make a mistake", not harm anyone (or maybe one's self only) and lose his/her right to own firearms. Contrast this to having the right to keep your driver's license after you accidentally ran over a pedestrian, crashed your car into a tree and killed a passenger, etc, etc.

Maybe I'm warped....

PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS TO MEAN I DON'T EXPECT ANYTHING BUT 100% SAFE FIREARM HANDLING FROM ME AND ANYONE I KNOW.

<911 dispatcher in Texas>

What's that again sir... you just shot your brother-in-law in the leg while cleaning your handgun while you were having a few beers and he's bleeding profusely? Dumb ass! (hangs up phone while laughing to his co-workers).

</911 dispatcher in Texas>

SiameseRat said:
Plus your gun collection will be dumped into the deepest abyss of the ocean floor.

And Weer'd Beard will suddenly get a large addition to his "arsonal" that looks a HELL of a lot like yours....with maybe a few spots of rust! [laugh2]

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

OK so here is the story from the 4/8/06 Enterprise:

Guns seized from Abington home

By Elaine Allegrini, Enterprise staff writer
ABINGTON — A Hancock Street man faces multiple firearms charges after police found 21 unsecured guns, including 16 high-capacity firearms, in his house and accessible to children earlier this week.

"Most of them were loaded at the time, some had rounds in the chambers," Deputy Police Chief Christopher Cutter said Friday.

The discovery came after police were called to South Shore Hospital, Weymouth, Tuesday where James Cox, 39, of 93 Hancock St. was being treated for a gunshot wound to the hand, according to Cutter. He said Cox accidently shot himself in the hand while cleaning a .32 caliber handgun.

When police went to Cox's home, they found firearms laying on the bedroom floor without trigger locks, Cutter said. Cox was properly licensed to have the firearms, but that license has since been suspended, Cutter said.

"It appears he was a (gun) collector," Cutter said.

Two teenagers — a 13-year-old boy and 15-year-old girl — lived in the house. Cutter said the state Department of Social Services has been notified and all of the firearms have been seized and are in police custody.

State law requires that all firearms be secured either by being in a locked cabinet, closet or other space accessible only by a key, or with individual trigger locks.

"He had nothing," Cutter said. There were no indications that Cox owned trigger locks or anything to properly secure the firearms, he added.

Cox is being summonsed to Brockton District Court where he will face 16 felony counts of improper storage of large-capacity firearms near a minor, two counts of failing to secure a rifle or shotgun near a minor and three counts of improper storage of firearms, Cutter said.

Elaine Allegrini can be reached at [email protected].

securityboy said:

I read this yesterday but this may have entered into it

A Hancock Street man faces multiple firearms charges after police found 21 unsecured guns, including 16 high-capacity firearms, in his house and accessible to children earlier this week.

"Most of them were loaded at the time, some had rounds in the chambers," Deputy Police Chief Christopher Cutter said Friday.

When police went to Cox's home, they found firearms laying on the bedroom floor without trigger locks, Cutter said. Cox was properly licensed to have the firearms, but that license has since been suspended,

Roy said:
A Hancock Street man faces multiple firearms charges after police found 21 unsecured guns, including 16 high-capacity firearms, in his house and accessible to children earlier this week.

Great - another cretin poster-boy for the gun-grabbers...............

Putting the "unsecured and loaded" firearms aside, this is just like the 1st grader who brought his knife to school and tried to do the right thing by admitting his mistake and coming forward.
This guy went to the hospital and the hospital reported the incident as they are required to do and he told the truth. When the officer arrived, the "victim" should have just said "What gun shot wound?" Or "It happened when I was walking down Blue Hill Ave".
How did the officers get into the house, especially the bedroom? I doubt there was a search warrant.
In this state, you have to protect yourself. Keep your mouth shut.

Sounds to me like the guy was doing an annual cleaning of his firearms. Sounds like he had taken them out of where ever he stores them, laid them out and was going through them for some preventive maintainence. The guy had a accident and went to the hospital. What he did wrong was he didnt put his stuff away and left the firearms available to the minors in the home. He made a mistake during a stressfull situation. I feel bad for the guy..

Hamar said:
Sounds to me like the guy was doing an annual cleaning of his firearms. Sounds like he had taken them out of where ever he stores them, laid them out and was going through them for some preventive maintainence. The guy had a accident and went to the hospital. What he did wrong was he didnt put his stuff away and left the firearms available to the minors in the home. He made a mistake during a stressfull situation. I feel bad for the guy..

He could have been doing a "spring cleaning", however, some were loaded and some had rounds in the chamber?????? Excuse me? THAT is completely idiotic.

That being said, I'm with Jon on this...how did they get in to the house?? And, here's a question for our legal eagles...can the charges be thrown out if the search was illegal?

Lynne...the loaded chambers are hearsay at this point. If they were in fact loaded..well then, hes just an idiot. He could end up having an accident and shooting himsel.....oh wait aminute....he did have an accident and shot himself. What an idiot................

The lesson here is simple. If you ever somehow end up with GSW, take a few extra minutes to police the area and secure all firearms and ammunition in compliance with state laws before you go to the ER or phone 911. And if someone else should "jump the gun" (heh, heh, heh!), tell the paramedics they'll just have to wait until you're done before you can let them in to clamp that femoral artery. Sure you'll have to clean up a lot more blood afterwards, but it isn't really as corrosive as salt water. Besides, it's the law.

Ken

KMaurer said:
The lesson here is simple. If you ever somehow end up with GSW, take a few extra minutes to police the area and secure all firearms and ammunition in compliance with state laws before you go to the ER or phone 911. And if someone else should "jump the gun" (heh, heh, heh!), tell the paramedics they'll just have to wait until you're done before you can let them in to clamp that femoral artery. Sure you'll have to clean up a lot more blood afterwards, but it isn't really as corrosive as salt water. Besides, it's the law.

Ken
[laugh2] +1 [laugh2]

Back
Top Bottom