• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Revived Citizens for Safety taking aim at gun violence

The Boston Globe at it again...

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ar...tizens_for_safety_taking_aim_at_gun_violence/

Boston police officers generally recover two guns from the streets each day, city officials told local residents at the Julia Martin House. That figure left many in the crowd of more than five dozen wondering where, exactly, are the guns coming from?
Sources of firearms trafficking identified in federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms investigations include guns purchased from unlicensed sellers, out-of-state gun shows or flea markets that may not require background checks, and straw sales, when one person poses as the buyer of a gun that is actually for someone else.

--------------------------------

This article in the New York Slime, er Boston Glob is wrong. This statement about the BATFE Trace Data is a total lie and these anti-gun news papers should be sued for this. This is reckless and thoughtless reporting at its best.[angry]

And the NY Slime reported an 82% decrease in revenue! Now you know why!![wink]

City subsidized senior living center. Low income. Police public relations stunt. None of the residents are going to get all upset about it, unless it intereferes with their 2:00 pm bowel movement or arts and crafts.

Been in these places. Blechhh.

No disrespect intended Ron, you're a good man and this is an interesting article. My job requires me to go into places like this. Once I get past the smell of urine and feces....well may I adjust one of the article sentences:

"That figure left many in the crowd of more than five dozen wondering where, exactly, did they put their pancakes?"

Note: Some of other terms in the article that pop out to me include Bromley-Heath, gangs, business men, and lawyers. Commissioner Ed Davis says he can't arrest his way out of this. I would like to suggest he at least try.

Last edited:
OK - first thing we do is sell licenses to unlicensed sellers. Bingo - the blackmarket goes away overnight. And Patrick gets money for crime that's going to happen anyway [wink]

Or we could make illegal gun sales even more against the law by passing another law against illegal gun sales [rolleyes]

I sent this to The writer through the editor:

Mr. Thompson, the violence in Boston has more to do about poverty, ignorance and gang culture that will not go away even with the disappearance of every gun on the planet.

There are no guns behind prison walls which are notoriously violent, yet Vermont and Alaska have virtually no gun control and are perhaps among the most peaceful states in the country.

I don't know what the answer is Mr. Thompson, but these articles are just fluff when you think about it. Conflict, crime, and violence have everything to do with the dark places some of us have inside, and less to do with the devices we pick up to cause harm to others.

I sent this to The writer through the editor:

Mr. Thompson, the violence in Boston has more to do about poverty, ignorance and gang culture that will not go away even with the disappearance of every gun on the planet.

There are no guns behind prison walls which are notoriously violent, yet Vermont and Alaska have virtually no gun control and are perhaps among the most peaceful states in the country.

I don't know what the answer is Mr. Thompson, but these articles are just fluff when you think about it. Conflict, crime, and violence have everything to do with the dark places some of us have inside, and less to do with the devices we pick up to cause harm to others.

Well said!!!

What? No mention of the fact that the #1 source state for crime guns traced in Massachusetts is...wait for it... MASSACHUSETTS!

Guess that didn't fit the narrative.

If the Boston Globe was interested in the truth ([rofl][rofl][rofl]), they'd mention that the trace data is meaningless on account of many guns being traced that we're necessarily crime guns. That a trace request was made does not mean the gun in question was used in a crime.

BATFE even states this in the trace data footnotes.

So, really, my first sentence is part bollocks because of that, but if they want to use that ammo against us, I say we ram it right back up their backsides.

The Boston Globe at it again...

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ar...tizens_for_safety_taking_aim_at_gun_violence/

Boston police officers generally recover two guns from the streets each day, city officials told local residents at the Julia Martin House. That figure left many in the crowd of more than five dozen wondering where, exactly, are the guns coming from?
Sources of firearms trafficking identified in federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms investigations include guns purchased from unlicensed sellers, out-of-state gun shows or flea markets that may not require background checks, and straw sales, when one person poses as the buyer of a gun that is actually for someone else.

--------------------------------

This article in the New York Slime, er Boston Glob is wrong. This statement about the BATFE Trace Data is a total lie and these anti-gun news papers should be sued for this. This is reckless and thoughtless reporting at its best.[angry]

And the NY Slime reported an 82% decrease in revenue! Now you know why!![wink]

A lie? No, note the wording 'include' - doesn't say how MANY, doesn't rule out other sources. All they need to point to is 1 in those reports and they can claim their story accurate. A gross manipulation of the facts? Absolutely! A lie? Unfortunatly not.

Back
Top Bottom