revisiting nh non res ltc...again

The NH non-resident license is almost worthless for reciprocity purposes it's better to just ignore it in that respect. People used to do it to get PA but that all seems to change depending on who the PA attorney general is at the time... it must have flipped back and forth about 48 times now as to whether or not they were going to grant the non-resident license under reciprocity....

Accoridng to my list nonres NH gets you like 25 state.

Accoridng to my list nonres NH gets you like 25 state.

Lol, by itself? No. If you are a ma ltc guy your MA license gets you a lot, NH only adds a few. Also it's worth noting that a lot of those states are constitutional carry states- so they don't really count because they're free bingo squares, not something obtained by reciprocity agreements or a statement where the state accepts the other states licenses...

I have it so I can hike in state park's , Plus you never know when the political climate changes like Va.
So I will keep renewing my N.H. and Utah

This. Its why I still get my ME permit and renew my NH NR even though its CC up here. Last thing I need is some law to change and the licensing authority to back up for 12+ months with the rush.

Mine expires next year. I'll renew. IF anything were to change in NH, I'd rather be covered since I'm up there at least 5-6 times a year, usually more.

Lol, by itself? No. If you are a ma ltc guy your MA license gets you a lot, NH only adds a few. Also it's worth noting that a lot of those states are constitutional carry states- so they don't really count because they're free bingo squares, not something obtained by reciprocity agreements or a statement where the state accepts the other states licenses...
Without a permit and with just NH non res
C50A9671-97DF-44A1-AA75-379F239AE917.pngBC494188-18F9-42FB-A8FE-53F9B75B0F98.png

The NH non-resident license is almost worthless for reciprocity purposes it's better to just ignore it in that respect. People used to do it to get PA but that all seems to change depending on who the PA attorney general is at the time... it must have flipped back and forth about 48 times now as to whether or not they were going to grant the non-resident license under reciprocity....
This happened because of a bogus arrest of a few black guys in Philly who were carrying using a FL CCW back when that was unambiguously legal. In other words, it is a racist knee jerk to blacks using the law to their advantage.

What does hiking in state parks have to do with a NH permit, non-resident or otherwise?
OIff topic because it's another state but I believe that you need a carry permit to carry in Acadia Park in Maine, despite it being a constitutional carry state.

I live in Maine and my hard copy CCW permit expired, I now just const. carry since we have that.
I will be going to NH soon.
* Can I have a pistol or rifle in the car if its not loaded?
* What do I need to do with the magazine?
Not in gun?
Not loaded?
Not even near the firearm?

RC

I thought the NH Non-Res. P&R license allowed an out-of-stater to carry Concealed.
Without the permit, I thought you had to open carry only...
Am I wrong?

I live in Maine and my hard copy CCW permit expired, I now just const. carry since we have that.
Not in gun?
Not loaded?

RC
Please read thru this thread, we just went thru this a few times in the past week.
NH is semi-constitutional carry (much like ME), no license required to carry open or concealed regardless of residency (or not).

NH P/R allows carry on off-road vehicles. Not allowed unless you have the P/R license (resident or NR).

That's all wrt NRs.

I thought the NH Non-Res. P&R license allowed an out-of-stater to carry Concealed.
Without the permit, I thought you had to open carry only...
Am I wrong?
Not this again! I'm sure that I've corrected you on this previously.

NR or resident, the law is the same. NH allows non-felons to carry open or concealed with or without the P/R license.

Not this again! I'm sure that I've corrected you on this previously.

NR or resident, the law is the same. NH allows non-felons to carry open or concealed with or without the P/R license.

Must have been the Other Enbloc... I'm 'new' here... [rofl2]

1598151881094.png

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV." ~Did I pass?

Len, I've added you to my Sig, Line until the flash cards I ordered are in... [rofl2]

1598153236968.png

Last edited:
Not in gun?
Not loaded?

Const carry in NH

Pistol in the car can be loaded, carried, on the seat, hanging from your ear, whatever. Does not matter.

Long arms must be unloaded which means no round in the chamber and magazine removed. You can just throw all that onto the seat also if you want. Doesn't need to be locked or neutered in any way.

That is NH life.

I wasn't interested in carrying the firearms. Just the standard "truck gun" under the seat.
I did read the whole post and never saw specifically guns UNDER the seat HIDDEN in the car.

Thanks Racenet. I figured as much. I'm not moving my guns. Plus I'll be in the northern part of the state too.

RC

The whole must unload long guns is a bunch of bullshit. Wtf difference does it make if I have a mag in my glock versus same mag in a PCC?

Len, I've added you to my Sig, Line until the flash cards I ordered are in... [rofl2]

View attachment 382949

the wording in the law IIRC mentions felons and prohibited persons, if you are a Federally prohibited person (Lautenberg, etc) you still can not posses, own, handle, etc etc etc pistols, forearms or long guns in NH nor can you open carry them legally.

New Hampshire law prohibits the possession of a firearm under the following:

• Felony conviction against person or property
  • Felony conviction in violation of RSA 318-B, the New Hampshire Controlled Drug Act, or
  • The subject of a valid domestic violence protection order

Last edited:
The whole must unload long guns is a bunch of bullshit. Wtf difference does it make if I have a mag in my glock versus same mag in a PCC?
Due to the anti-gun activists at NH fish and game. There have been a few bills to repeal this BS butt fish and game and their apologists in the legislature killed those bills.

So is owning a Glock, but here we are. The F&G regulations makes the difference. Most of that went away when CC was put into law, but F&G went screaming, kicking and crying about loaded long guns in a vehicle. So, it currently is what it is. Deal with it.

You don't need a CCW to hike in states parks.
I thought I remember reading something on carrying in state parks for nonresidents before constitutional carry was adopted.
Or that Maine recognized a NH permit so I could carry in Baxter, Been so long ago I don't remember....

Back
Top Bottom