• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

revisiting nh non res ltc...again

greencobra

NES Member
often discussed, but answer again please. my nh non res ltc expires in november. is there any valid reason i should renew? i'm aware i can carry without one now so any benefits before i set that $100 wheel in motion?

ATV/snowmobile carry, and if I recall state parks and being on/near school grounds.
I asked a Fish & Game Officer last year up in Carroll about ATV/Dirt Bike/Snowmobile,
he said as long as I'm on my own property, which I am. I always have my G21 and usually a long gun too.

I opted not to renew my NH License.

I asked a Fish & Game Officer last year up in Carroll about ATV/Dirt Bike/Snowmobile,
he said as long as I'm on my own property, which I am. I always have my G21 and usually a long gun too.

For a NH resident getting a resident license is very useful, most notably because it lets you do face-to-face pistol sales, but for a non-res, less so now with ConCarry.

Be careful, these are the same goons who will ask a hunter to see a license and when the hunter lays his rifle on the back of the pick up truck to get the license out of his pocket he will get a ticket for loaded rifle in / on a vehicle. If he is unlucky he might even be arrested for it. NH F&G is the most anti gun law enforcement agency in NH and I would not trust them. The $100 is cheap insurance in case your ATV is as little as 1 foot off of your own property.

ATV/snowmobile carry, and if I recall state parks and being on/near school grounds.
Speaking of ATV/snowmobiles can a Massachusetts guy with a dual sport bike ride off-road on NH trails? Or are dirt bikes not allowed in the woods up there too?
I sneak out on the trails near my place all the time but I'm tired of sneaking and I'm only a few miles from the border. I used to ride some trails from Townsend up through Brookline and Mason way back in the late 70s and early 80s and I think it was legal then, but I could be wrong.

Be careful, these are the same goons who will ask a hunter to see a license and when the hunter lays his rifle on the back of the pick up truck to get the license out of his pocket he will get a ticket for loaded rifle in / on a vehicle. If he is unlucky he might even be arrested for it. NH F&G is the most anti gun law enforcement agency in NH and I would not trust them. The $100 is cheap insurance in case your ATV is as little as 1 foot off of your own property.
No matter what state, we always unload the gun and open the action well before coming out of the woods. Jack.

You must be butt hurt little hunterman who git busted by these lawmen and your still resent them handling you badly. At least you learned your lesson.

I got my NR license because we have a house up there and we have seen bears and other creatures that I would like to be armed for if something pissed it off. Yes, its my own property but I felt better having it than not having it. Also, the reciprocity thing is a nice feature, specifically Florida since I have family there.

I've heard a few horror stories, but the guys I've met ( through the local police ) seem pretty decent. I don't hunt. When I bought the property the owners told me I could hunt on my own land without a license as long as it was in season and I registered the animal. Come to find out that was only applicable if it was my primary residence. I never come within more than 20' of my border..
None of my ATV's/Bike's/Snowmobile are registered so I can't legally leave the property anyway. I let PA, UT & ME expire, maybe I will renew N.H.

I renewed mine last year. I figure it's worth the $20.00 a year. You never know when the liberals moving up there from Mass are going to change the laws. 😁

I got my NR license because we have a house up there and we have seen bears and other creatures that I would like to be armed for if something pissed it off. Yes, its my own property but I felt better having it than not having it. Also, the reciprocity thing is a nice feature, specifically Florida since I have family there.
Careful, though. A MA resident with a non resident NH permit does not have reciprocity with FL. At least not according to USCCA. However IANAL.

Speaking of ATV/snowmobiles can a Massachusetts guy with a dual sport bike ride off-road on NH trails? Or are dirt bikes not allowed in the woods up there too?
I sneak out on the trails near my place all the time but I'm tired of sneaking and I'm only a few miles from the border. I used to ride some trails from Townsend up through Brookline and Mason way back in the late 70s and early 80s and I think it was legal then, but I could be wrong.

It would need an OHRV registration sticker and must meet the specs of an off road bike. They are all outlined on the F&G web site. What is a dual sport bike anyway?

Florida DOES NOT grant reciprocity to NON RESIDENT NH P&R HOLDERS

NH resident P&R yes, they will accept the resident license, but a NON RESIDENT license is worthless.

Careful, though. A MA resident with a non resident NH permit does not have reciprocity with FL. At least not according to USCCA. However IANAL.

Yep - now that you both mention it, it does ring a bell. I thought it did when I applied and then learned it didn’t, but since I felt better having one in NH, I applied anyway.

It would need an OHRV registration sticker and must meet the specs of an off road bike. They are all outlined on the F&G web site. What is a dual sport bike anyway?

A dirt bike with headlights, horn, turn signals, mirrors, etc. In other words, a street legal dirt bike with a plate. I had an adventurous ride on some ATV roads up in Maine one time. I later learned that I was supposed to have some off road sticker. Oh well.

A dirt bike with headlights, horn, turn signals, mirrors, etc. In other words, a street legal dirt bike with a plate. I had an adventurous ride on some ATV roads up in Maine one time. I later learned that I was supposed to have some off road sticker. Oh well.

That will be fine to ride on the trails in NH, as long as you have a non-resident OHRV sticker. A road plate does NOT permit you to ride off road.

It's more than Fla that won't take a non res lic. I still renew because of the political climate in NH.....Let's hear the hate from you flatlanders that moved there.
best case to renew yet.

Florida DOES NOT grant reciprocity to NON RESIDENT NH P&R HOLDERS
after a little research, a few other states are the same way, they don't recognize a n.h. non resident license. got to be careful and not take for granted every state will grant reciprocity to a nonresident license holder.

The NH non-resident license is almost worthless for reciprocity purposes it's better to just ignore it in that respect. People used to do it to get PA but that all seems to change depending on who the PA attorney general is at the time... it must have flipped back and forth about 48 times now as to whether or not they were going to grant the non-resident license under reciprocity....

Back
Top Bottom