Review: MH Buffalo Style Chicken

wrap-buffaloChick.jpg

Went to REI this past weekend and picked up a pouch. Thought a review was in order since these things can be hit or miss.

The package contains about 400 calories of buffalo chicken suitable for eating out of the package or on a tortilla. To cook, simply add 1.5 cups of boiling water to the package and seal for 9 minutes.

The texture reminds me of pulled pork (but chicken) and I thought was very good. The larger chunks of chicken had exactly the same texture as if I had cut it from a roasted chicken. I would add just a tiny bit less water as the sauce was a tiny bit soupy. It also needed a bit of salt, but I'm a salt addict so YMMV. I added a liberal amount of my favorite hot sauce to round out the meal. If you are taking this camping check out minimus.biz to get travel sized hot sauces perfect for the trail. Tortillas are easy and durable to pack and available anywhere.

The package says 1 serving but I think its more like 2 servings. If I were camping, I would eat half and feed my dog the other half (he really enjoyed it BTW). If you wanted to split the package in half for 2 meals, it is possible as the ingredients seem to stay well mixed in their dry state.

Good product overall, wish it came in #10 cans for long term storage.

Back
Top Bottom