• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Revere man shoots two after party ends in fight

GlockJock

NES Member
Wife's cousins from Arizona are in town for a wedding. I was talking at breakfast with them about the many difference(s) between MA and AZ when my wife chirped in after reading this in the Herald:

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio...vere_man_shoots_two_after_party_ends_in_fight

(Cousins): "Out there? This wouldn't even have made the news! Hell, the guy's neighbor would've helped the old geezer out by offering him his AK-47. Then they would've gone back to the party and finished grilling the steaks and cheeseburgers"

[laugh]

At the very least, its good to see there are no assault or attempted murder charges. I wonder if that would be true if those two idiots had died or if the homeowner was a good deal younger.

At the very least, its good to see there are no assault or attempted murder charges. I wonder if that would be true if those two idiots had died or if the homeowner was a good deal younger.

Only because he's 77. If he was 27, he'd be behind bars and the bullet recipients would be suing him, his family, the gun manufacturer, and the distillery that made the booze they drank that night.

I wonder if the fact they could charge the 77 year old with possession had something to with not charging him in the shooting. The skeptic would conclude that the system was able to be fed, get some sort of charge, and confiscate the gun rather than say "all in in order, her is your gun and license".

Then my 18 year old weighs in on this...
"Dad, even the Herald said it was self defense...then why was he arrested".
Dad's reply: "Cuz we live in Massachusetts, honey."
[banghead]

Also, am I the only one who's thinking that as soon as Martha's office gets back from the Vineyard, they'll maybe "take another look at this" and add charges against the Geezer? Not to mention, if his name was Tyrone or Shaquawn, etc, he'd probably have been nailed with attempted murder...and never have even been allowed to post bail...

I'm also wondering what happens if a "victim" suddenly develops an infection or whatever and dies from the wound....Charges upped to manslaughter?

"Cuz we live in Massachusetts, honey"

Revere is in Suffolk County. Any changes to the charges the 77 year old is facing will originate from DA Conley's office. No mention of assault charges for the rock thrower and knife wielder. Interesting situation.

I just got back from a church dinner. What did I miss?

Me, throwing up my hands, giving in, admitting I was stubbornly WRONG (actually frustrated and justifying my being forced to stay here all these years by job, family etc) and putting my house up for sale...so that I can finally shed the chains and finally move to NH. (would prefer Arizona or Florida and NOT shovelling any more snow but... )

A steady diet of Ham and Beans?
I'm in!

Back
Top Bottom