• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Revere MA Showcase shooting?

I haven't been to see a liberal film in years. I don't need the experience of paying $20 to for a filthy restroom and seats just as bad...along with the joy of someone yapping on their cellphone throughout the film.....no thanks.

Can't help ya with the crappy movie selections, but the seats have improved significantly, at least at the Showcase in North Attleboro. All reserved seating, large leather recliners. Reserve your seats from home before going there and finding out only crappy seats are left.. etc. Oh yeah.. concessions are still insanely expensive.. you'll pay more to snack than for the actual movie.

I think they need to figure out a way to get people back to the theaters.... I was in your camp myself.. just assume watch it in my own home.. but kids begged me to take them to see something.. can't remember what..

here's the difference in seats.. top pic is old seats...
https://www.showcasecinemas.com/the...th-attleboro/north-attleboro/ma?tab=showtimes
LowellNOWOPENRecline300x250.jpg

I have to agree with the seating. I hadn't been to a movie in years and went last year to Woburn, couldn't believe there were so few seats in the theater now. No wonder they have to charge so much, only a couple dozen people fit in there. But they are much more comfortable. And I do like getting the tickets ahead of time, no worry about being sold out. I've always hated going to the Revere cinema, haven't been there in many years. I live in Malden, but prefer to go to Woburn even though it's further away.

Can't help ya with the crappy movie selections, but the seats have improved significantly, at least at the Showcase in North Attleboro. All reserved seating, large leather recliners. Reserve your seats from home before going there and finding out only crappy seats are left.. etc. Oh yeah.. concessions are still insanely expensive.. you'll pay more to snack than for the actual movie.

I think they need to figure out a way to get people back to the theaters.... I was in your camp myself.. just assume watch it in my own home.. but kids begged me to take them to see something.. can't remember what..

https://www.showcasecinemas.com/the...th-attleboro/north-attleboro/ma?tab=showtimes

I usually hit the one in Lowell on my day off so it's slow there. I'll hit the Outback then walk over and relax in the so much improved seats

I admit this info is a couple years old at least, but I heard directly from an exterminator that the theatre in Revere was being exterminated for bedbugs and they were desperate to keep it quiet.

Heard they were frisking everyone on the way out of the theater. What do you do in that case when you're carrying? Have your ID's in your hand and inform them of course?

Looks nice but I kind of doubt they clean the chairs after the show so you're sitting in the same chair as someone else did with questionable hygiene. I'll stick with viewing in the home - at least the place is clean and I spend less money on movies....

Heard they were frisking everyone on the way out of the theater. What do you do in that case when you're carrying? Have your ID's in your hand and inform them of course?

Where's the 4th amendment stand in that? We hold you against your will in the theatre until you let us frisk you? I can see on the way in, their house their rules, but not on the way out.

Where's the 4th amendment stand in that? We hold you against your will in the theatre until you let us frisk you? I can see on the way in, their house their rules, but not on the way out.

I see them claiming exigent circumstances in that they suspect the shooter entered the theater to hide from the cops (but didn't go out any of the other exits).

I haven't been to see a liberal film in years. I don't need the experience of paying $20 to for a filthy restroom and seats just as bad...along with the joy of someone yapping on their cellphone throughout the film.....no thanks.

Revere Showcase is actually a good place to watch a movie. Reserved call-ahead seating, power leather recliners, nice bathrooms, and a restaurant and cocktail lounge. Haven't been there during a "Latin American Festival" but when I've been there on normal days it's been nice and quiet.

Revere Showcase is actually a good place to watch a movie. Reserved call-ahead seating, power leather recliners, nice bathrooms, and a restaurant and cocktail lounge. Haven't been there during a "Latin American Festival" but when I've been there on normal days it's been nice and quiet.

Really? I grew up in Chelsea so that was where we went to the movies. Haven't been there in years so I just assumed it was a dump by now.

Thats why that Walgreen's is there. Although if that is where the person got grazed I think I'll just pay for the Assembly AMC...

Really? I grew up in Chelsea so that was where we went to the movies. Haven't been there in years so I just assumed it was a dump by now.

I sometimes stop by there just for the fried dough at the snack bar - Never during the Latin American Festival though

Yeah, it's nice. Last time I was there was on a date with a PhD from the city and she approved of the place. Only knock is it doesn't have the super luxe features so while you can get drinks at the bar, you can't take them into the theater like you can in some.

Back
Top Bottom