Revere MA? Info for Friend Needed

xtry51

NES Member
Oh great and powerful NES Brain Trust! I beseech you to grant me your wide array of low value advice in an area I am naive in. Because in the world of the blind (me) the one eyed man (you) is king!

Friend 22 years old, in Revere who had been shooting with a friend that is now deployed. He does not have any LTC or range but now wants to pursue this hobby and be poor by acquiring items of our trade craft at obscene current market prices.

So first, is Revere green/red? All I could find on NES was a thread from 2009 that said yellow. Not sure if same CoP is running the show. I know very little about MA licensing beyond unrestricted LTC A is the goal.

Second, what local clubs should he start exploring for future membership?

According to the department website (updated since COVID) they still require three letters of reference; I have no idea how thoroughly they follow up on them.

Based on the Comm2A score card, it looks like it's coin toss if they'll be unrestricted on first application, but can expect to lift them on renewal. (42.6% of 94 new licenses were restricted compared to 1.2% of 167 renewals; 2017 data)
1615513245873.png

Good news - they have two MG licenses! (Apr. 2020 data)
1615513202382.png

raw

Revere blows... tell him to move... try roast beef other than Kelly's...go to a beach not in revere.... then rethink all his life choices and wadrobe... that should get him to move to nh specifically not Hampton Beach which is revere Beach north.. but if he does get away from the pull of Italian hair gel and terrible food he might break the 95 line and end up in real nh like derry where he can buy real guns.

I have posted a similar question inquiring for someone else today. Same town though. He's been waiting 5 months for his LTC older guy first time LTC. Squeaky clean record. As far as local ranges reading is probably the closest. Unless you consider indoor only.

Have him check out Mass Rifle Assoc. in Woburn.
It is a little closer than Reading.
I don't think they have a waiting list, and you don't need a sponsor.
I think the office is still open on Wed. evenings.
$!50. per year dues, but for new members, you have to pay extra or the orientation class.

Do any American citizens live in revere? Serious question.
LOL- I went there a couple of weeks ago to buy a snow plow.
We texted back and forth no problem. When I get there, the guy didn't speak any English at all.
After a short while we found a translator, we negotiated the price and the translator left.
I worked with this guy for the next 2 hours, cutting off the plow frame and removing the controls from his truck.
We were able to do a pretty good job of communicating with each other by pointing and hand jesters.

We texted back and forth no problem. When I get there, the guy didn't speak any English at all.
After a short while we found a translator, we negotiated the price and the translator left.
I worked with this guy for the next 2 hours, cutting off the plow frame and removing the controls from his truck.
We were able to do a pretty good job of communicating with each other by pointing and hand jesters.
Luckily the guy who owned the plow didn't show up

I worked/lived in Lynn for a while and every single day for maybe 5 years I drove to Kelly's at lunch and people watched. I wasn't really a Kelly's RB guy because I had already discovered Nick's RB in Beverly.

Revere blows... tell him to move... try roast beef other than Kelly's...go to a beach not in revere.... then rethink all his life choices and wadrobe... that should get him to move to nh specifically not Hampton Beach which is revere Beach north.. but if he does get away from the pull of Italian hair gel and terrible food he might break the 95 line and end up in real nh like derry where he can buy real guns.

This made me laugh. Not from Revere but grew up in the general area. Loved Kelly's but not for roast beef, Bill & Bob's and Mike's were both better. Spent a lot of my youth on the beach or in the bars on the beach. Got into a big rumble inside of Rose's. Had the 70's and 80's wardrobe as all my clothes came from Tello's, Chess King, or Suit Yourself. Ended up moving north to the Derry area. Do you know me? ;)

This made me laugh. Not from Revere but grew up in the general area. Loved Kelly's but not for roast beef, Bill & Bob's and Mike's were both better. Spent a lot of my youth on the beach or in the bars on the beach. Got into a big rumble inside of Rose's. Had the 70's and 80's wardrobe as all my clothes came from Tello's, Chess King, or Suit Yourself. Ended up moving north to the Derry area. Do you know me? ;)
No lol I'm a little younger than that lol I've been to revere like 4 times in my life all for work

Last edited:
Gif of Clampett communicating with the guy, telling him its a bad idea to pick the cables while electricity is running through them.

tumblr_mhxzrusd4y1qdlh1io1_500.gif

Op, Reading is the best club around. But he will need a recommendation to join and the dues are around $370 per year or something like that.

He should go to a match on a weekend, just to watch, learn and make friends.

Members can recommend one person per year.

Hey, I was in a rumble or two back in the day at the old Rose's. Was that you I had in a headlock?

Pizza Lovers, Prattville. Owner is a great guy, I probably shouldnt say its a "shitty" place. More of a bare bones, nothing special neighborhood type of place. Point was a chicken finger basket costs more than scallops and lobster from back in the day at Kellys
Chelsea guy here...hold your comments :). My son brought home chicken fingers last night from place across the street - Pratville Pizzeria. He paid $11 for a large and there was enough chicken there for a small army. Agreed that Pizza Lovers owner is a good guy. Try the chicken pepper pizza next time...winner.

Back
Top Bottom