• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Return of the HK MP5

The MP5 never went away, really. It is the SP5 that is back!

Yeah babay! <click here>

5DIV9385-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm, conflicting reports, if its really 2800 then its pretty much for fanbois only, considering the roller lock clones are like a thousand bucks less than that. (eg, PTR etc). at 2 grand ish or so wouldn't be so bad.

In before price whining and the "bbbut will healeeeee allow us to have dis in MA? " crowd.... oh they will be in MA, whether that commie broad likes it or not. [laugh]

But until now my most authentic option was a Zenith clone. Give me OEM any day.

For the FFL+SOT? Every year?
If they ever import enough to actually even vaguely meet demand street price could probably be around $2400 especially given the dealer price. However seeing how basically most HK firearms are allocated and backorder from all the distributors I'm on I'm gonna say MSRP is basically going to be actual price for the foreseeable future. Would be cool to see them made in their USA plant though.
Edit to realize you meant how much is the FFL+SOT and rifle. FFL - 300$ SOT 500$, whatever the state costs are for NH which I imagine are close to $0 Making your own full auto MP5 clone would be around $2000-3000. (far easier route,) So tally that all up.

But until now my most authentic option was a Zenith clone. Give me OEM any day.

The fanboy in me wants the original, despite having a cheap clone already. The more grounded side of me says a complete genuine HK bolt carrier group is worth a premium, but not a $2,800 premium. I'd be willing to spend the price differential on those parts, but I'm really struggling to see how even all HK parts could fetch nearly another $1k more other than the fact that you can say you own a real HK (which is really cool, but $1k cool?).

I wonder what will happen with clone pricing one these become available. Drop? Stay the same?

Clone prices will not be affected. SP5K did not affect clone prices, so won't the SP5.
Talking clones, PTR makes excellent ones for a reasonable price. I personally own 3, and like them very much, PTR-9CT and PTR-9KT. Moreover, they come sear ready, full auto bolt carrier group, no blocking pin like in SP5K. And in my personal experience, quality much better than MKE.

Clone prices will not be affected. SP5K did not affect clone prices, so won't the SP5.
Talking clones, PTR makes excellent ones for a reasonable price. I personally own 3, and like them very much, PTR-9CT and PTR-9KT. Moreover, they come sear ready, full auto bolt carrier group, no blocking pin like in SP5K. And in my personal experience, quality much better than MKE.
Glad to hear you say that about the PTRs I built one up from MKE and HK parts right before they released one and while my parts were of nice quality, my buddy who bought some of their parts had a little trouble doing his along with me. Have yet to get hands on time with the PTR though.

Let me get this straight

How are other companies able to produce the same blowback roller-locking gun chambered in 308 for $1000, but the exact same thing in 9mm is $3000??

Kinda weird with the rear notch and still no lower pin. H&K listen on the paddle release though.

Let me get this straight

How are other companies able to produce the same blowback roller-locking gun chambered in 308 for $1000, but the exact same thing in 9mm is $3000??

Because "supply and demand. " The PCC market is mostly stuffed with lots of trash, so when someone makes a PCC that's good, people tend to go full retard over it.

On the other hand demand for .308 semis... not exceedingly high.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom