• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Retired MA State Trooper "accidentally" fires gun in tavern

For a small can of joint compound and 20 minutes of unskilled labor?

Well, had *I* been a guest at the restaurant I would likely have left in a sudden manner. So there's certainly a possibility that their damages included some walkouts and/or comped meals.

A clever waitress might claim PTSD and have to take a day or two off.

Not saying it WAS more than a can of spackle (that repair would run a couple hundred bucks IF you could get a contractor even to show up for such a small job), but no reason the believe it was $20 and a wipe of the forehead, either.

Well, had *I* been a guest at the restaurant I would likely have left in a sudden manner. So there's certainly a possibility that their damages included some walkouts and/or comped meals.

A clever waitress might claim PTSD and have to take a day or two off.

Not saying it WAS more than a can of spackle (that repair would run a couple hundred bucks IF you could get a contractor even to show up for such a small job), but no reason the believe it was $20 and a wipe of the forehead, either.
I would have jumped a mile and thrown my back out and been carried out in an ambulance.

Not really. But I can see someone being creative.

Maybe falling on the floor with chest pains?

10:1 he keeps his LTC and either no charges will be filed or they will be dropped. I'll also bet no BAC and check for CUI.

Name conveniently withheld.

That was my first observation. If it was one of us, they'd have our name, address, next of kin, employer, educational background and the results of the search of our home to determine how bad of a serial killer we are.

Who the flock takes out a gun to show his buddies AT A F'ING RESTAURANT!?!?!? I mean, beside Christopher Walken in At Close Range, that is.

what a knob! Probably losing a different "who's is bigger" conversation and then decided to take out his gun.

Last edited:
Not saying it WAS more than a can of spackle (that repair would run a couple hundred bucks IF you could get a contractor even to show up for such a small job)

Contractor, shmucktractor... I'm pretty sure the owner/manager has a local handyman on speed dial who'd happily fix it for $50 cash and free lunch.

I would have jumped a mile and thrown my back out and been carried out in an ambulance.

Not really. But I can see someone being creative.

Maybe falling on the floor with chest pains?

I may or may not have tinnitus. I would def sue the reckless moron.

Contractor, shmucktractor... I'm pretty sure the owner/manager has a local handyman on speed dial who'd happily fix it for $50 cash and free lunch.

This is Mass. (was the incident in MA?)

Building permit is is going to be based on a min price of $2000, so figure $50 for the permit. The materials won't be much but the contractor will have to make markup, plus the hourly wage for the runner that goes to the supply house. That $10 can is now closer to $100. The worker is going to be paid for 4 hours even if he works 20 minutes, at an HR rate (figuring Workmans Comp, SS, etc) of around $50/hr marked up to $100/hr. We're at $550 now. The contractor will be present for at LEAST a couple hours at $150/hr. We're up to $850 and most likely a profit multiplier of 1.5 will bring the tab to a shade under $1300.

The restaurant will need to be closed during the building inspectors visit, so loss of business for the four hour window the inspector will give you and you're close to maxing the limits in Small Claims Court.

And even though (were I the business owner) I would just buy the can of spackle and smooth it out with a spatula from the kitchen, then hit it with a bit of paint or even hang a picture there, you KNOW there are plenty of people that WOULD do exactly what I describe and think they were being generous to do so.

This is Mass. (was the incident in MA?)

Building permit is is going to be based on a min price of $2000, so figure $50 for the permit. The materials won't be much but the contractor will have to make markup, plus the hourly wage for the runner that goes to the supply house. That $10 can is now closer to $100. The worker is going to be paid for 4 hours even if he works 20 minutes, at an HR rate (figuring Workmans Comp, SS, etc) of around $50/hr marked up to $100/hr. We're at $550 now. The contractor will be present for at LEAST a couple hours at $150/hr. We're up to $850 and most likely a profit multiplier of 1.5 will bring the tab to a shade under $1300.

The restaurant will need to be closed during the building inspectors visit, so loss of business for the four hour window the inspector will give you and you're close to maxing the limits in Small Claims Court.

And even though (were I the business owner) I would just buy the can of spackle and smooth it out with a spatula from the kitchen, then hit it with a bit of paint or even hang a picture there, you KNOW there are plenty of people that WOULD do exactly what I describe and think they were being generous to do so.
I woul rope it off with velvet ropes and make it a tourist attraction.

Absolutely. Had I put a hole in some businesses wall, they'd be on my ass to pay for the damages. Just because this pig is a member of the central party's gestapo doesn't mean he get special treatment.

Unless we're no longer a country of laws anymore.

I may or may not have tinnitus. I would def sue the reckless moron.
It was at a restaurant... somebody could have bit their lip really bad after the shot went off.

I would definitely go the hearing loss route tho, you can fake that like a champ and come out with millions with the right lawyer.

Isn't there a thread here somewhere about a kid that got "injured" when a cop shot the ceiling in his classroom? Falling plaster or some such? So not completely implausible that Officer Dumbass caused "significant" damage to the ceiling at the tavern. And isn't value what the OWNER places on something? Not what we keyboard commandos say it is? I seem to remember significant NES mockery over values placed on things like Glocks, AR's, magazines, pedestal sinks...

Very simple demand: EQUAL TREATMENT UNDER THE LAW. If it were you or I it would be the end of firearms ownership in MA.

Shit like this is what destroys the very fabric of society.

The Boston Globe did a story on MSP auto accidents a few years ago. It seems that no state trooper in recorded history has ever been at fault in an auto collision.

I remember that article and the number 742 accidents comes to mind. That is beyond the odds of humanity for that to be true.

Until government unfvcks itself, or people rise up and unfvck them, the corruption will go on and on and on.

I remember that article and the number 742 accidents comes to mind. That is beyond the odds of humanity for that to be true.

Until government unfvcks itself, or people rise up and unfvck them, the corruption will go on and on and on.
Gov't won't "unfvck" itself unless an outsider like Trump gets elected to office and when that happens, you see the corrupt nature of gov't rear its head by using lies to justify investigations and take more taxpayer money. At least in that event, the corrupt ones who never would have been exposed otherwise expose themselves when they attack the outsider like an Antibody attacks a pathogen.

The end result is that those in power will never willingly give it up unless they never wanted it in the first place.

Revolution is the solution, but the overwhelming majority of people will not accept that, just as they didn't 240 years ago. What it took for the people at that time to finally revolt was the British army marching to seize gunpowder and Thomas Paine's Common Sense.

What it will take this time is no different. It will have to be gov't seizing private property like the British tried and it will take someone to go on social media after this happens and ask one simple question:

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"... Who watches the watchers?

Gov't can never be trusted to police itself and career politicians and lawyers who pervert the law will never willingly give up their power.

....We're up to $850 and most likely a profit multiplier of 1.5 will bring the tab to a shade under $1300.
You forgot to include the supervisor and union rep.

Last edited:

Permanent disability claims from the staff and everyone in the establishment from being exposed to gunfire without hearing protection in a confined space. Jim Sokolove is already counting his money RIGHT NOW!

Back
Top Bottom