• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Retired MA State Trooper "accidentally" fires gun in tavern

Don't need no LTC, bitches. Licenses are for the mere mortals in the world. We the Po-Leese. Aint you never heard of FOPA?
So...the police will investigate the retired police and then the police will determine that the retired police have done nothing wrong.

1) pulled a gun out in a public restaurant to show friends. ND happens, most of us would lose our license and guns.

2) was alcohol involved? There is no % on the books pertaining to firearms.

Don't need no LTC, bitches. Licenses are for the mere mortals in the world. We the Po-Leese. Aint you never heard of FOPA?
So...the police will investigate the retired police and then the police will determine that the retired police have done nothing wrong.
The Boston Globe did a story on MSP auto accidents a few years ago. It seems that no state trooper in recorded history has ever been at fault in an auto collision.

The Boston Globe did a story on MSP auto accidents a few years ago. It seems that no state trooper in recorded history has ever been at fault in an auto collision.

I once witnessed a Ham po po cruiser at a red light, light turned green and he starts to move, then he stops (without blues) for a pedestrian that ordinarily would not have had the right of way and the car behind him didn't have time to react and bumped him from behind.

THEN his blues came on.

I suppose technically the girl was "at fault" but the officer SURE as hell caused the accident.

Why are they saying it's up to the state police? Shouldn't the Dennis Chief make a call on this?

Nope. MSP has a rule whereby ALL Troopers, active and retired are forbidden from getting their LTC from any authority other than MSP. So MSP controls their LTC from the day they sign on until the day they die.

Amazing isn't it.

There will be no suspension of LTC or charges here. Yes, all that stuff is swept under the rug whether it is a Trooper/retired Trooper who does it or a municipal cop who does it (auto accidents, shooting of people mistaken for deer or NDs, same deal).

That's cause they're really good drivers. Ordinary people couldn't pull a 180 in front of 75 mph traffic and live.

I hope the establishment sues him for damages to the property. The entire discharge would have been prevented if he hadn't pulled out his gun to show it off like a big shot.

Of course because he was a good footsoldier for the central party, he's in the special people category and nothing will happen. Which is why whenever I'm in Mass I try to disobey every law I possibly can.

I'm sure a "brandishing" charge would be applied also.
There is no such thing as a "brandishing" charge in MA. The applicable charges for waving a gun around would be disorderly conduct; reckless endangerment (I think), and assault.
There is no % on the books pertaining to firearms.
There is also court precedent that "I would be legally allowed to drive at this BAC" is not a defense to CUI, since guns are more dangerous than cars (yes, they really said that).

I have come closer to being killed on the road that I have on the range, and I never had drive a family member to surgical appointments from a range accident.

Nope. MSP has a rule whereby ALL Troopers, active and retired are forbidden from getting their LTC from any authority other than MSP. So MSP controls their LTC from the day they sign on until the day they die.

Amazing isn't it.

There will be no suspension of LTC or charges here. Yes, all that stuff is swept under the rug whether it is a Trooper/retired Trooper who does it or a municipal cop who does it (auto accidents, shooting of people mistaken for deer or NDs, same deal).

To summarize: The cops are a bunch of lying scumbags who think they’re above the law because of their profession. It’s not really amazing. It’s par for the course with these badge wearing criminals.

The verbiage changed on the times article. It was first published as a negligent discharge, until itncsme to light it was a retired LEO.... and then the headline read “gun goes off”
Unreal

really wish there could be some way to keep these guns from "going off" on their own.

It drives me crazy that nearly every news source calls police shootings "Officer involved shootings". Holy passive voice, Batman! Officer involved? An officer shot someone. Just say shot by police. Lawful shooting or not, they always use this admin speak. Drives me nuts.

Back
Top Bottom