• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Retired Keene police officer pushes for 'red-flag' gun bill

AHM

NES Member
Keene Sentinel: Retired Keene police officer pushes for 'red-flag' gun bill

By William Holt Sentinel Staff
Jul 11, 2018

A retired Keene police officer is leading the charge on a so-called “red-flag” bill in the state that would make it easier for law enforcement to seize the firearms of someone determined to constitute a threat.

During the past several months, John F. Stewart has been putting together the framework for a bill that would allow courts to issue an order for law enforcement agencies to temporarily confiscate the weapons of someone deemed to pose a risk to themselves or others.

Stewart, who lives in Keene, worked for the city’s police department for 22 years before retiring as an officer in 2014. ...

another dictator...

"He said he felt a sense of urgency to get involved in gun-control efforts after the Feb. 14 shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida, in which a gunman killed 17 people."

seems the many failures of law enforcement had nothing at all to do with this incident. It has to be the guns, right... So we need more gun control and not criminal prosecutions of inept law enforcement agencies, politicians and school officials...

Last edited:
HUH? I thought the thing was ,DO YOUR F***'n JOB, go in the building and neutralize the threat instead of directing traffic.

seems like you can't walk across the hall in the state house without tripping over some policy enforcement officer who's there on your dime to lobby against your freedom.

maybe in this case my dime is only his pension but I'm still pissed.

"erpo erpo, quack quack"

If I was king one of the first five things I would do is have open season on these.... ducks.

-Mike

They keep drawing lines between themselves and "the people". Eventually, they will wind up wondering what happened.

Back
Top Bottom