• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

restriction removal denial

When did you do it? I got restricted but after waiting for a bit I wrote a letter and was able to get my restriction removed, my bro also just recently got his LTC there as well and it was not restricted
Mine was about 2 years ago under the old chief. Actually planning to send a letter. On my todo list for the slow days... will share how it goes.

Remember what the new spfld chief said? "It's better to be a good witness then to protect yourself"

You will never get unrestricted in spfld..

Can't someone challenge this self absorbed a-hole, everyone has a right to defend their life and family from violent crime.
not to mention

1. The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
  2. Article XVII of the Constitution of the Commonweath of Massachusetts provides:
    The people have a right to keep and to bear arms for the common defence. And as, in time of peace, armies are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be maintained without the consent of the legislature; and the military power shall always be held in an exact subordination to the civil authority, and be governed by it.

- - - Updated - - -

without, cant afford one.

What about contacting Comm2A? this stuff just pisses me off.

I'll give it a shot, I hate to be negative, but i'm not optimistic...

What about contacting Comm2A? this stuff just pisses me off.[/QUOTE]

I'll give it a shot, I hate to be negative, but i'm not optimistic...

What about contacting Comm2A? this stuff just pisses me off.

Please do. You'll get a canned reply for now about all the carry related cases before the courts now and how we need to see how they settle out. But, we like to keep track of the problems people are having. Sometimes situations are actionable in ways we don't think of until we see the facts.

Not familiar with the restriction but, would obtaining a hunting license help? You could say carry a .38 from Oct-Mar 1/2 hour before sunrise till midnight "hunting coyote", or Sep-Jan, any caliber handgun 1/2 hour before sunrise till 1/2 after sunset "hunting grey squirrel". Also many others may be "hunted" year-round.

crow, year round, any caliber. /thread

I see that many people say that, but in my opinion, if I was to get arrested and needed to hire a lawyer(with money that is supposed to go to something else) to defend myself, it makes for a very expensive, and possible life changing, situation. No LEO will argue their opinion of my restricted LTC and a hunting license while I carry my briefcase home from work wearing a shirt and tie. I'd just be taken in for carrying a firearm without a proper license.

Please do. You'll get a canned reply for now about all the carry related cases before the courts now and how we need to see how they settle out. But, we like to keep track of the problems people are having. Sometimes situations are actionable in ways we don't think of until we see the facts.

And you never know when we will need to file another case. So anyone who is aggrieved by licensing restrictions or suitability should drop us a line. We won't always get back to you but we will be reading what comes in and it will help the cause.

I'd just be taken in for carrying a firearm without a proper license.

It doesn't appear to be arrestable, but you'd likely still have your LTC revoked and your guns taken by the popo.

MGL Chapter 140 Section 131
(a) A Class A license shall entitle a holder thereof to purchase, rent, lease, borrow, possess and carry: (i) firearms, including large capacity firearms, and feeding devices and ammunition therefor, for all lawful purposes, subject to such restrictions relative to the possession, use or carrying of firearms as the licensing authority deems proper; and (ii) rifles and shotguns, including large capacity weapons, and feeding devices and ammunition therefor, for all lawful purposes; provided, however, that the licensing authority may impose such restrictions relative to the possession, use or carrying of large capacity rifles and shotguns as it deems proper. A violation of a restriction imposed by the licensing authority under the provisions of this paragraph shall be cause for suspension or revocation and shall, unless otherwise provided, be punished by a fine of not less than $1,000 nor more than $10,000; provided, however, that the provisions of section 10 of chapter 269 shall not apply to such violation.

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140/Section131

Your right, but it was a little more personal than just a canned response. Very quick too.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly my point. Risk vs Benefit...not worth the risk

It doesn't appear to be arrestable, but you'd likely still have your LTC revoked and your guns taken by the popo.

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140/Section131

I'm sending a letter asking for my restrictions to be lifted as soon as the post office opens after New Year's. I doubt the new law taking effect will matter but I'm hoping that the training I've gotten will help my case. If my request is denied, I have three years to move elsewhere before my license expires.

I'm sending a letter asking for my restrictions to be lifted as soon as the post office opens after New Year's. I doubt the new law taking effect will matter but I'm hoping that the training I've gotten will help my case. If my request is denied, I have three years to move elsewhere before my license expires.

The new law doesn't do anything on restrictions other than give you the statutory right to appeal a restrictions. A right you already had anyway. But, it never hurts to ask. The worst that can happy is that your PD will say 'no'.

What town are you in?

Sucks people need to beg for an right. Its completely insane?

yes, we all know this already. Its our right, blah blah blah blah, we all agree. The repeated commentary about it is the epitome of beating a dead horse. What we need to do now is find ways to fight it. For that, we have Comm2A doing the amazing work they do.

Not in Massachusetts! I've been hunting since 1981 and crow has never been year round.

New dates for 2015:
Jan 1-April 10 and July 1-April 9, 2016

And the reason of hunting is not valid on Sundays either.

Last edited:
Ask NES member thehoyt or go to the thread License Denial in Keene where a guy named Derrick was denied his P&R (this is a current thread BTW). The judge clearly stated that Derrick was not disqualified from owning a firearm or openly carrying one, but disqualified him solely on the basis of some misdemeanors and frequent interactions with the police. He is one of the Free Keene people up there. Don't quote secondary Internet sources. Bottom line: you can own a gun, buy a gun, openly carry a gun and still be denied a Pistol and Revolver License which allows for CCW. That's may issue. Cite primary sources or case law.

I was denied twice in two separate towns actually. While I finally prevailed on my third try, it cost over $600 to do so. While I was far from a choir boy, the convictions I had on my record were misdemeanors, which in theory shouldn't have caused a denial. I was extremely lucky that these convictions completely disappeared from my record, instead of being "stamped" annulled when I did so. The NH legislature voted to change the law from complete destruction of records to just a rubber stamp over the record, taking effect just after my annulment approvals.

I was denied twice in two separate towns actually. While I finally prevailed on my third try, it cost over $600 to do so. While I was far from a choir boy, the convictions I had on my record were misdemeanors, which in theory shouldn't have caused a denial. I was extremely lucky that these convictions completely disappeared from my record, instead of being "stamped" annulled when I did so. The NH legislature voted to change the law from complete destruction of records to just a rubber stamp over the record, taking effect just after my annulment approvals.

Is an annulment similar to expungement or is that a different thing there?

That blows if an "expungement isn't an expungement" particularly in the case of non-judicial punishment. (which is what happened to you and these other guys who couldn't get P/R licenses.

-Mike

Is an annulment similar to expungement or is that a different thing there? That blows if an "expungement isn't an expungement" particularly in the case of non-judicial punishment. (which is what happened to you and these other guys who couldn't get P/R licenses. -Mike

When I googled the difference between annulment and expungement, the only difference that stuck out to me was one term is usually used for civil action(annulment), the other for criminal (expungement). NH of course is different and uses annulment for criminal cases. Before January 1,2013, an annulment made all the records of an arrest, conviction and probation (in theory this included FBI records) to be fully destroyed. After that date, the records were not destroyed but "stamped" across all records that this charge and whatnot was annulled and in theory couldn't be used against you unless you are charged with another crime. This is why I was adamant about making the deadline.

When I googled the difference between annulment and expungement, the only difference that stuck out to me was one term is usually used for civil action(annulment), the other for criminal (expungement). NH of course is different and uses annulment for criminal cases. Before January 1,2013, an annulment made all the records of an arrest, conviction and probation (in theory this included FBI records) to be fully destroyed. After that date, the records were not destroyed but "stamped" across all records that this charge and whatnot was annulled and in theory couldn't be used against you unless you are charged with another crime. This is why I was adamant about making the deadline.

I am sure that change is a direct result on NH becoming a semi-libtardian territory of northern ma.

the new chief of springfield (barbieri) seems like a swell feller, lifted my restrictions when i was given hunting target by fitchett

If that's the case it's a dramatic change in the state's most restrictive city.

Is this the first report from this new chief in Springfield, or is it the chief's mom writing in? Seriously though, I don't recall reading anywhere here on NES or elsewhere that there was a new chief coming there. You'd think that would have been pointed out somewhere.

Is this the first report from this new chief in Springfield, or is it the chief's mom writing in? Seriously though, I don't recall reading anywhere here on NES or elsewhere that there was a new chief coming there. You'd think that would have been pointed out somewhere.

John Barbieri was appointed chief a few months back

Springfield is there be dragons territory. Why would 128 loop mass holes hear about anything that goes on there...

Believe it or not, the Internet and NES even reaches out there. The Mass Broadband has enhanced the coverage out that way, beside Springfield is a pretty major city in MA.

;-)

Back
Top Bottom