• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

restriction removal denial

I would think it is but I put it on my application and it got completely ignored. I felt like just saying to the lady, okay so I live within 2 blocks of at least 5 murders that happened in springfield. is that enough reason to get my license unrestricted so I can protect myself but maybe actually pointing out how bad the area is that I live in might not be so smart. I do want to move and have been looking for houses but its hard to find something I like. I wish I can move out of MA but unfortunately im the only one working as my fiancé is in school and we also have a new kid so moving to nh without a career there is out of the picture

Start saving and planning now.

You don't have to move to NH... just move to anyone of the surrounding towns, doesn't cost much if you are renting..

MA has all sorts of stupid regulations - 10 round magazines, stock can't fold or collapse, the "assault weapons" law, etc etc. Asinine idiocy that has essentially mentally pushed me out of this state.

The place to be is NH or any other pro-gun state if you love guns. VERY pro-gun culture there, sensible laws, the government leaves you alone, because the people demand it. There is a high sentiment of freedom from government there. It's not perfect, but a lot freer than Jailachusetts.

Many other advantages, in my opinion, to move to NH. It's not so far from Boston, either. I know lots of folks who commute from Manchester to Beantown.

But yeah, if it's too cost-prohibitive, move to a town where the sheriffs/licensing officers are friendly to gun owners. Typically out west, far from Boston.

Hope you make it, man!

You don't have to move to NH... just move to anyone of the surrounding towns, doesn't cost much if you are renting..

How does that necessarily solve anything? OP is still under the restrictions of the original licensing authority, unless they are willing to void the license early and he applies for his new LTC in his new presumably Green Town. He has to notify both departments when he moves to the new town.

Is there anything the OP can do to get a license in Spfld? According to what has been shared here, not likely.... If he moved to a friendly town is there anything he can do to get his LTC? Again, from what I have read here, he has a shot ..... The rest of the NH bennies really don't add up to for me to leave everything behind here... rather than turn and run to NH, I choose to stay here and fight when and where I can... Would I like to have some property in NH... sure... but not to turn and run today..

How does that necessarily solve anything? OP is still under the restrictions of the original licensing authority, unless they are willing to void the license early and he applies for his new LTC in his new presumably Green Town. He has to notify both departments when he moves to the new town.

Even if they don't do it there are ways you can trick them into voiding the license, or you can get a lawyer involved at least and be a pain in the ass until they void the license.

What blows about this is EOPS can expire the license by pressing a few keys on a keyboard but they don't have the balls to do it, unless you trick them into it, that is. [rofl]

The entire licensing system in MA a gameable farce.

-Mike

spfld is bullshit, i have a couple friends there with restricted ltcs, that are 5+ years in the military, one of them an MP! the licensing authority in springfield is corrupt, it doesn't matter what training you've had or what it's all who you know. you have to be a member of their "club". OP, do you know anyone in LE in the area that potentially has inside contacts that could speak out for you? besides moving to a surrounding green town, knowing someone is really the only way springfield will give you an unrestricted ltc, which they do because a good fan friend, an ex-CO, had his out of springfield, and he only rented there for 7 months before moving!

Eek, how long does that take??

The couple of folks I knew said it took about an hour on average via bus. This includes walking to the bus station, etc.

Someone said on a good day, it takes 45 minutes by train and car. These are all during normal commuting hours.

Via car, if you're really lucky or on non-rush hour, can take 25 minutes.

Reason I love NH for guns is:

- Shall issue. When you apply for a firearms license, you will receive a license, unless you are a convicted felon or otherwise prohibited.

Shall issue is mainly what I look for. If the state is shall issue, it probably means their laws are gun-friendly. Fortunately, that's most of the states in the US. If they are "may" issue, I want nothing to do with them.

Contrast this with Massachusetts where you may get an unrestricted license if you live in a town where the chief of police likes guns or if he finds you suitable or you give a good "reason". They are your babysitter, because you... well, just because they know better. The arrogance.

Other laws (or lack of laws) in NH:

- Need a license for concealed carry. Do not need a license for open carry for pistols.
- Illegal to carry loaded guns in a vehicle, with the exception of loaded and concealed firearms.
- No license required to purchase a firearm.
- No registration of firearms required
- No waiting period before finalizing firearm purchase.

- Class 3 licenses permitted for full auto

More laws on this wiki:

http://www.ismygunlegal.com/states/view/31/home:1

Last edited:
The couple of folks I knew said it took about an hour on average via bus. This includes walking to the bus station, etc. Someone said on a good day, it takes 45 minutes by train and car. These are all during normal commuting hours. Via car, if you're really lucky or on non-rush hour, can take 25 minutes. Reason I love NH for guns is: - Shall issue. When you apply for a firearms license, you will receive a license, unless you are a convicted felon or otherwise prohibited. Shall issue is mainly what I look for. If the state is shall issue, it probably means their laws are gun-friendly. Fortunately, that's most of the states in the US. If they are "may" issue, I want nothing to do with them. Contrast this with Massachusetts where you may get an unrestricted license if you live in a town where the chief of police likes guns or if he finds you suitable or you give a good "reason". They are your babysitter, because you... well, just because they know better. The arrogance. Other laws (or lack of laws) in NH: - Need a license for concealed carry. Do not need a license for open carry for pistols. - Illegal to carry loaded guns in a vehicle, with the exception of loaded and concealed firearms. - No license required to purchase a firearm. - No registration of firearms required - No waiting period before finalizing firearm purchase. - Class 3 licenses permitted for full auto More laws on this wiki: http://www.ismygunlegal.com/states/view/31/home:1
You don't need a license to purchase own or carry a firearm openly in NH but a Pistol and Revolver License in NH which allows you to carry concealed, is may issue people can and do get denied. There have been threads on this especially in Manchester.

The couple of folks I knew said it took about an hour on average via bus. This includes walking to the bus station, etc.

Someone said on a good day, it takes 45 minutes by train and car. These are all during normal commuting hours.

To get from Manchester to Boston in 25 minutes you'd have to average over 100mph... I also really doubt that rush-hour commute by bus can take only an hour.

To get from Manchester to Boston in 25 minutes you'd have to average over 100mph... I also really doubt that rush-hour commute by bus can take only an hour.

"Boston" is not just one single place, it is spread out such that different parts take a lot longer to get to than other parts.

e.g. My Wife works on Huntington Ave near the Colonnade Hotel and one day I went to meet her at work. It took me 45 minutes from the old Chestnut Hill Mall on Rte. 9 to her office building. 4.7 miles on the same road!! All due to NORMAL congested traffic on Rte. 9.

Microsoft Streets & Trips does say that Downtown Manchester, NH to the Prudential Center is 55 miles and takes 56 minutes. Maybe if you do that at midnight you can make that kind of time, but certainly not in rush hour.

Google Maps says that if youre already on 93 just as 101 splits off south of Manchester, it takes 45min to get to the Zakim bridge without traffic (47mi)

You don't need a license to purchase own or carry a firearm openly in NH but a Pistol and Revolver License in NH which allows you to carry concealed, is may issue people can and do get denied. There have been threads on this especially in Manchester.

It is shall issue. If people are arbitrarily getting denied in Manchester, the issuing authority is breaking the law.

They can deny you a license if they feel something is wrong, but that can be said about any "shall issue" state.

Sources:

http://www.usacarry.com/new_hampshire_concealed_carry_permit_information.html

http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-laws/new-hampshire.aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_New_Hampshire

It is shall issue. If people are arbitrarily getting denied in Manchester, the issuing authority is breaking the law.

They can deny you a license if they feel something is wrong, but that can be said about any "shall issue" state.

Sources:

http://www.usacarry.com/new_hampshire_concealed_carry_permit_information.html

http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-laws/new-hampshire.aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_New_Hampshire

Can you quote the RSA that states the PRL shall be issued?

http://pgnh.org/nh_dept_of_safety_h...istol_revolver_carry_license_application_form

Last edited:
What if? You were on your way to your Uncles cabin where you like to target shoot out in the woods. What if you were always on your way to go target shooting? Who's to say your not? Can they prove your not?

What if? You were on your way to your Uncles cabin where you like to target shoot out in the woods. What if you were always on your way to go target shooting? Who's to say your not? Can they prove your not?

a restriction that states "hunting and target" does not allow you to carry on your person, concealed and loaded, TO those events

a restriction that states "hunting and target" does not allow you to carry on your person, concealed and loaded, TO those events
Debateable, but irrelevant, since the issuing authority is judge, jury and executioner when it comes to revoking an LTC for violation of restriction.

I would not risk that

No proof is required. The issuing authority simply has to write a letter "Your LTC is revoked because I find you an unsuitable person" - and then getting it back is an expensive, and very iffy, prospect.

Proof would be needed to bring a charge of carrying outside the restriction, however, in most cases I expect the LTC revocation would be the end of the matter.

Debateable, but irrelevant, since the issuing authority is judge, jury and executioner when it comes to revoking an LTC for violation of restriction.

No proof is required. The issuing authority simply has to write a letter "Your LTC is revoked because I find you an unsuitable person" - and then getting it back is an expensive, and very iffy, prospect.

Proof would be needed to bring a charge of carrying outside the restriction, however, in most cases I expect the LTC revocation would be the end of the matter.

Let's be realistic though. I doubt this has happened more than twice in the last 10 years, tops. It is a possibility, but not a reality.

Let's be realistic though. I doubt this has happened more than twice in the last 10 years, tops. It is a possibility, but not a reality.

Probably not, but it depends on the LEO pinging you and whether or not the guy is a douchebag or not.

-Mike

It is shall issue. If people are arbitrarily getting denied in Manchester, the issuing authority is breaking the law. They can deny you a license if they feel something is wrong, but that can be said about any "shall issue" state. Sources: http://www.usacarry.com/new_hampshire_concealed_carry_permit_information.html http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-laws/new-hampshire.aspx http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_New_Hampshire

Ask NES member thehoyt or go to the thread License Denial in Keene where a guy named Derrick was denied his P&R (this is a current thread BTW). The judge clearly stated that Derrick was not disqualified from owning a firearm or openly carrying one, but disqualified him solely on the basis of some misdemeanors and frequent interactions with the police. He is one of the Free Keene people up there. Don't quote secondary Internet sources. Bottom line: you can own a gun, buy a gun, openly carry a gun and still be denied a Pistol and Revolver License which allows for CCW. That's may issue. Cite primary sources or case law.

Reason I love NH for guns is:

- Shall issue. When you apply for a firearms license, you will receive a license, unless you are a convicted felon or otherwise prohibited.

Shall issue is mainly what I look for. If the state is shall issue, it probably means their laws are gun-friendly. Fortunately, that's most of the states in the US. If they are "may" issue, I want nothing to do with them.

Contrast this with Massachusetts where you may get an unrestricted license if you live in a town where the chief of police likes guns or if he finds you suitable or you give a good "reason". They are your babysitter, because you... well, just because they know better. The arrogance.

Other laws (or lack of laws) in NH:

- Need a license for concealed carry. Do not need a license for open carry for pistols.
- Illegal to carry loaded guns in a vehicle, with the exception of loaded and concealed firearms.
- No license required to purchase a firearm.
- No registration of firearms required
- No waiting period before finalizing firearm purchase.

- Class 3 licenses permitted for full auto

More laws on this wiki:

http://www.ismygunlegal.com/states/view/31/home:1

What are these NH class 3 licenses you speak of? Or are you referring to the MA green card?

Ask NES member thehoyt or go to the thread License Denial in Keene where a guy named Derrick was denied his P&R (this is a current thread BTW). The judge clearly stated that Derrick was not disqualified from owning a firearm or openly carrying one, but disqualified him solely on the basis of some misdemeanors and frequent interactions with the police. He is one of the Free Keene people up there. Don't quote secondary Internet sources. Bottom line: you can own a gun, buy a gun, openly carry a gun and still be denied a Pistol and Revolver License which allows for CCW. That's may issue. Cite primary sources or case law.

Thanks for posting this. I was too tired to look for it last night.

Tried that strategy in Somerville - got me "Sporting" in addition to "Hunting & Targeting"....

When did you do it? I got restricted but after waiting for a bit I wrote a letter and was able to get my restriction removed, my bro also just recently got his LTC there as well and it was not restricted

Back
Top Bottom