• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

restriction removal denial

I've personally met two people that were issued LTC's in Springfield with "protection" as the restriction. I have no idea how they got them, though. One of them used to be an active member here. Both were veterans, so that may have had something to do with it, but that's purely speculation on my part.

I've personally met two people that were issued LTC's in Springfield with "protection" as the restriction. I have no idea how they got them, though. One of them used to be an active member here. Both were veterans, so that may have had something to do with it, but that's purely speculation on my part.

I've heard that as well. It makes me wonder if the 22% restricted rate is a little misleading. While a restriction of "Protection" is technically restricted (that's how we get the data), it is in effect an unrestricted LTC.

I've heard that as well. It makes me wonder if the 22% restricted rate is a little misleading. While a restriction of "Protection" is technically restricted (that's how we get the data), it is in effect an unrestricted LTC.

Or it means he can't hunt or target shoot [wink]

So can one request a hearing for restrictions in the same manner they can for a denial? I seem to remember language like that being in the proposed laws but did it not make it through?

Mike

So can one request a hearing for restrictions in the same manner they can for a denial? I seem to remember language like that being in the proposed laws but did it not make it through?

Mike

It did become law. But likely an expensive exercise in frustration.

More info on the process?

Mike

You pay up and sue your chief in court. Likelihood of winning? Not much greater than zero. But it is too early to really tell, so it is just a bit of speculation based on how the Marsupial Judges seem to rule on legal gun owner involved cases.

It did become law. But likely an expensive exercise in frustration.

The people itching to sue are for now, better off donating to Comm2A and biding their time, frankly... at least wait till the monster truck rally is over, no point in trying to enter the fray with a legal equivalent of a golf cart, or one of these scooters...

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the process was to allpw for you to request a hearing before a judge. Hasnt suing the cleo always been on the table?

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

I thought the process was to allpw for you to request a hearing before a judge. Hasnt suing the cleo always been on the table?

Mike

In the past judges dismissed such cases with "you got a LTC", so no harm.

Now the law crystalizes the right to sue. Doesn't mean that the end result will be any different however.

I had a similar issue with a western mass town where the restrictions: none was for business only. My fix was to spend $35 and start a business where I would offer security consulting and handgun training in the customers house. Got a business permit in 2 days and restictions removed in another 2 days.

no customers yet but I still have the permit. This was about 4 years ago.

Done.

I wrote a letter to request to have my restrictions removed. Turned the letter in on Thursday afternoon. Received a phone call this morning. Voice-mail said it was denied and the restrictions will remain the same.

the new chief of springfield (barbieri) seems like a swell feller, lifted my restrictions when i was given hunting target by fitchett

John Barbieri was appointed chief a few months back

Update, please. Did you try again with the new chief?

I had a similar issue with a western mass town where the restrictions: none was for business only. My fix was to spend $35 and start a business where I would offer security consulting and handgun training in the customers house. Got a business permit in 2 days and restictions removed in another 2 days.

no customers yet but I still have the permit. This was about 4 years ago.

I've heard that in some towns they want to see proof of actual income from the business.

I've heard that in some towns they want to see proof of actual income from the business.

Cash deposit receipts, etc.... basically you have go get the pony off the trailer at the PD and prance it around a bit... [rofl]

-Mike

But you can bet any member of the city council or their campaign donors have unrestricted carry.
Sucks that MA makes your rights zip code dependent.
My BIL lives in one of the Boroughs. No problem getting full unrestricted LTC. The CP is a 'shall issue' kind of guy.

Back
Top Bottom