Restricted to target and hunting, man takes firearm to work and leaves it in the bathroom

CAR

This poor guy is so screwed. The only good news in this article is that nobody panicked - not the person who found it, not the boss, not the cops. It's unfortunate that the boss couldn't just ask him for his LTC to confirm he could have it, and them whack him with disciplinary action at work.

Cambridge police: Boston man summonsed after leaving firearm in bathroom

Still don’t understand the leaving the gun in the bathroom thing. Leave it in the damned holster!

I can only think of one plausible scenario for a gun to be left behind in a bathroom or locker room, and thst’s “Last one changed out brings the guns to the armory” kind of thing.

The issue of leaving the gun in the bathroom is only significant in that it exposed what the gun owner was doing. Carrying when his license specifically didn't allow it.

I think it is complete BS that there is even a law that includes restrictions on an LTC.

But he did something stupid, something he was not permitted to do under the current law (a law a don't agree with). We often talk about following the law or not based on your personal level of acceptable risk here on NES. I assume he knew the risk. So now he has to answer for his choice to take that risk. No sympathy. And NO, cops should not get away with breaking the law either.

The manager called for police response in order to confirm the employee was legally allowed to carry the gun.

The employer obviously should’ve known to ask for an LTC and/or MIRCS verification. It’s not that hard.

/s

The manager is a statist and so are you.

Yeah, I was't thinking so much from the "show me your papers" perspective as "I'm the manager on duty and responsible for protecting the business from getting sued". If MA was Constitutional Carry then this whole thing becomes thanking the customer for alerting management to the unattended firearm and something appropriate for disciplinary action for the employee, ranging from a good yelling-at to some formal disciplinary action.

There's a big difference in outcomes for this event happening in VT or ME than in MA because of the laws and the culture of fear and lack-of-knowledge they bring here.

Man f*** this state. The article even claims the guy was in fear for his life after being shot several times. And the poor kid still got a restricted LTC.

That's way beyond f***ed up.

Well it is Cambridge. Surprised SWAT wasn't called in and that someone didn't get shot.

Piss poor performance on the police side. \Sarc

Last edited:
I don't necessarily blame the police on this one. I blame the moron that called the Police.

How about blaming the moron who 1. carried when he knew he shouldn't or 2. left his gun in the bathroom. You and I may know how to ask to see an LTC, but the general public does not. A gun was found, the manager called the PD to turn it in, seems reasonable to me. BTW, it sounds like the manager secured the bathroom and called the PD before the moron came forward. What was the manager supposed to do? Walk around asking everyone if they left their gun in the bathroom?

It's called personal responsibility, something sadly lacking in society today.

I was being sarcastic on this one. With the unnecessary use of force we've seen lately I was honestly shocked that the police didn't escalate this.

Sorry, I didn't catch the sarc. Please consider my comment as general and not in any way a response to you comment, which sounds a lot better with a sarc slant.

If you're going to unholster when you use the can (stupid or not, people do it) - then do yourself a favor and get a damn lanyard or a shoestring (as long as it isn't used to convert the pistol to full auto) so this doesn't happen to you!

If you're going to unholster when you use the can (stupid or not, people do it) - then do yourself a favor and get a damn lanyard or a shoestring (as long as it isn't used to convert the pistol to full auto) so this doesn't happen to you!

Exactly why I never take the holster off my belt when I drop trou. Just fold the gun inside the pants and cover with boxers so neighboring stalls don't see.

drop it between your legs right into your pants. IF you forget your gun doing this you deserve anything that comes of it.
I dont get the take gun out and put it down somewhere shit when you go to the bathroom. drop your pants. Your holster should hold your side arm well enough that it wont fall out. if it does time for a new holster.

so sad. the man hurt nobody. his colleagues should be grateful at least somebody is armed to protect their dumb asses. figures this was in cambridge. i do everything in my power to avoid that libtard dump.

When I first started carrying I accidentally left my gun in the bathroom once. Thankfully the bathroom was in my house but it still scared me a lot (kids) and has never happened again. It is one of those ‘things’ that you learn by experience I guess. Now it either stays on the belt or is dropped in the underwear, either way it will not be forgotten. Unfortunately for this guy, it learned his lesson the hard way and will most certainly lose his LTC. Love this state!

I was being sarcastic on this one. With the unnecessary use of force we've seen lately I was honestly shocked that the police didn't escalate this.

True dat.

How bout in Scituate - with that Vet that was distraught & took a walk into the woods. The response: quote from the local paper - "Officers from several local police departments responded along with State Police, members of the Metropolitan Law Enforcement Council, FBI, and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives."

There was way more than several local police departments. I was here and saw them. Trust me there were a ton of local police cars from other towns, not several. I was told 30 local police departments and/or agencies responded, but can't confirm that number. All for one distraught Vet, in the woods, with no gun. What?

If they let the guy go for his walk in the woods and left him alone.... No issue.

In fairness, I feel bad for the Cops too, who I 100% support. In this State, if you don't "Over-React" your not doing your job. If you "Under-React" you are not doing your job. Tough being a Cop right now with Media Outlets like CNN - Anti-Cop Network - making criminals out to be victims.

Most Cops are really great guys with a wife and kids at home. Support your local police officers. I have my kids go up to them all the time and say thank you. & remember, most Cops are Pro-2A guys.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom