• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Restricted to target and hunting, man takes firearm to work and leaves it in the bathroom

How about blaming the moron who 1. carried when he knew he shouldn't or 2. left his gun in the bathroom. You and I may know how to ask to see an LTC, but the general public does not. A gun was found, the manager called the PD to turn it in, seems reasonable to me. BTW, it sounds like the manager secured the bathroom and called the PD before the moron came forward. What was the manager supposed to do? Walk around asking everyone if they left their gun in the bathroom?

It's called personal responsibility, something sadly lacking in society today.

You've never made a mistake or done something stupid? Nobody was hurt here, there wasn't even any risk. It's not like he left it in a public toilet where kids could have found it.

These days only cops and the government are allowed to make mistakes.

Most Cops are really great guys with a wife and kids at home. Support your local police officers. I have my kids go up to them all the time and say thank you. & remember, most Cops are Pro-2A guys.

+1 my only issue with cops and the Catholic church is when they protect their own criminals. If you want to make it a crime to leave your gun somewhere, prosecute the cops who do it, or else don't make it illegal.

True dat.

How bout in Scituate - with that Vet that was distraught & took a walk into the woods. The response: quote from the local paper - "Officers from several local police departments responded along with State Police, members of the Metropolitan Law Enforcement Council, FBI, and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives."

There was way more than several local police departments. I was here and saw them. Trust me there were a ton of local police cars from other towns, not several. I was told 30 local police departments and/or agencies responded, but can't confirm that number. All for one distraught Vet, in the woods, with no gun. What?

If they let the guy go for his walk in the woods and left him alone.... No issue.

In fairness, I feel bad for the Cops too, who I 100% support. In this State, if you don't "Over-React" your not doing your job. If you "Under-React" you are not doing your job. Tough being a Cop right now with Media Outlets like CNN - Anti-Cop Network - making criminals out to be victims.

Most Cops are really great guys with a wife and kids at home. Support your local police officers. I have my kids go up to them all the time and say thank you. & remember, most Cops are Pro-2A guys.

You mean John Rambo? Pretty sure that was in Washington somewhere, not Scituate.

& remember, most Cops are Pro-2A guys.

No disrespect....but I find that some cops are pro 2a guys. Not most and certainly not in Mass. I have several cops in my family and they do not think civilians should be allowed to own firearms. Most of those in my family are Boston Cops. Had a cousin who just became a statie last year. He served some time in the army reserve prior. I talked to him about the people's rights. He was on board but has since sipped the kool-aid. It's pretty sad actually. His wife is a libtard and she is from a free state. makes no sense to me. Some cops are really good about people's constitutional rights. I find that most always think they know better.

Anyway, just stating what I have observed.

+1 my only issue with cops and the Catholic church is when they protect their own criminals. If you want to make it a crime to leave your gun somewhere, prosecute the cops who do it, or else don't make it illegal.
As an Irish Catholic that had the most wonderful Dad (recently passed away) that was a Cop, I agree with both your points. As an aside, my Dad, prior to his passing agreed too. Especially re: the Catholic Church, which our family has always been very active in... My Dad and I both agreed that Cardinal Law was not going to Heaven. Not after what they all did to those poor kids!!!

No disrespect....but I find that some cops are pro 2a guys. Not most and certainly not in Mass. I have several cops in my family and they do not think civilians should be allowed to own firearms. Most of those in my family are Boston Cops. Had a cousin who just became a statie last year. He served some time in the army reserve prior. I talked to him about the people's rights. He was on board but has since sipped the kool-aid. It's pretty sad actually. His wife is a libtard and she is from a free state. makes no sense to me. Some cops are really good about people's constitutional rights. I find that most always think they know better.

Anyway, just stating what I have observed.
No disrespect taken. Many, many Cops in my family too... and find the opposite. Dad was Cop. Best friend a Cop. My fishing buddy is a Cop... Cops at all my family events. ....and I'm originally from the city. All passionate 2A guys. Sorry about your cousin being Pro-2A, then catching the Mass. Libtard virus. Sounds like the wife infected him. I hope you find a cure!! ha...

Still don’t understand the leaving the gun in the bathroom thing. Leave it in the damned holster!

I can only think of one plausible scenario for a gun to be left behind in a bathroom or locker room, and thst’s “Last one changed out brings the guns to the armory” kind of thing.
splash!

You've never made a mistake or done something stupid?

Yup, and I've had to answer for it.

Nobody was hurt here, there wasn't even any risk. It's not like he left it in a public toilet where kids could have found it.

No risk! What are you talking about? You have no idea who does or does not have access to that bathroom. Kids might be a low probability, but someone who is unfamiliar with firearms is a high probability. I hate to say it, but one of the reasons we have all these BS laws is because people don't take responsibility for their actions, and don't treat firearms with proper respect. I see it every time I go to the range, people handling firearms with no regard for basic safety.

There is never any excuse for leaving a gun in a bathroom. NEVER! I don't care if you want to say it was just something stupid, that's no excuse.

And I don't use a double standard on this, cops should be held to the same standard. Wait, change that, cops should be held to a higher standard.

No disrespect taken. Many, many Cops in my family too... and find the opposite. Dad was Cop. Best friend a Cop. My fishing buddy is a Cop... Cops at all my family events. ....and I'm originally from the city. All passionate 2A guys. Sorry about your cousin being Pro-2A, then catching the Mass. Libtard virus. Sounds like the wife infected him. I hope you find a cure!! ha...

my wife yells at me all the time we talk about it. I keep saying it was the new wife. I didn't think he would fold so quickly....what can you do....

my wife yells at me all the time we talk about it. I keep saying it was the new wife. I didn't think he would fold so quickly....what can you do....
Best cure is get him down to the range with the rest of us family oriented 2A guys. We'll get him back on track!! Wishing you and your family the very best!!

Compare and contrast the treatment of this guy to the Westford officer whom misplaced his service pistol in a recycling bin.

Well when one of these Superhuman Heroes makes the same mistake it's no harm/no foul of course. Because...well because.

Losing your gun is a significant mistake, but it shouldn’t put your job in jeopardy, even if you’re a police officer, says an expert on criminal justice.
Losing gun probably won't cost Plymouth police captain his job

True dat.

How bout in Scituate - with that Vet that was distraught & took a walk into the woods. The response: quote from the local paper - "Officers from several local police departments responded along with State Police, members of the Metropolitan Law Enforcement Council, FBI, and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives."

There was way more than several local police departments. I was here and saw them. Trust me there were a ton of local police cars from other towns, not several. I was told 30 local police departments and/or agencies responded, but can't confirm that number. All for one distraught Vet, in the woods, with no gun. What?

If they let the guy go for his walk in the woods and left him alone.... No issue.

In fairness, I feel bad for the Cops too, who I 100% support. In this State, if you don't "Over-React" your not doing your job. If you "Under-React" you are not doing your job. Tough being a Cop right now with Media Outlets like CNN - Anti-Cop Network - making criminals out to be victims.

Thanks for that post. Comedy is fun. Someone should report you to DSS for child abuse for making your kids drink that poison kool aid. Hopefully when they grow up they can get away from the indoctrination of their youth and see the truth which is the exact opposite.

You've never made a mistake or done something stupid? Nobody was hurt here, there wasn't even any risk. It's not like he left it in a public toilet where kids could have found it.

These days only cops and the government are allowed to make mistakes.

I don't like the law either but let's face some facts...

If you have an LTC in this state (particularly a restricted one, where you're riding half-dirty, more or less) if you manage to leave your gun that you're not supposed to be carrying in a toilet stall, that's pretty stupid.

I'm also still trying to figure out what this deal is with guns and toilet stalls. I never take the gun off my belt if I'm using a shitter someplace that isn't at home. So this guy caused himself a lot of agita over a shitty carry method or a cheap holster, etc.

I agree the risk of what he actually did was very limited, though, A lot of drama over something which should be pretty much nothing.

-Mike

Last edited:
No risk! What are you talking about? You have no idea who does or does not have access to that bathroom. Kids might be a low probability, but someone who is unfamiliar with firearms is a high probability. I hate to say it, but one of the reasons we have all these BS laws is because people don't take responsibility for their actions, and don't treat firearms with proper respect. I see it every time I go to the range, people handling firearms with no regard for basic safety.

There is never any excuse for leaving a gun in a bathroom. NEVER! I don't care if you want to say it was just something stupid, that's no excuse.

Agree on the stupidity of it (A dude that is riding half-dirty on a restricted should be more mentally prepared, IMHO... that's not a light undertaking... plus also, it's not that hard to not leave your gun in a bathroom. ) disagree on your abundant hyperbole of it turning into a nuclear weapon because it was unattended for like 5 minutes at some office, BFD, yawn. This alarmist mentality is why we have the shit laws to begin with, everything is based on "woulda coulda shouldas and possibly maybes... and mights". Only in MA is a gun treated as a nuclear bomb, and its horseshit.

Those laws also, were not created "because people can't take responsibility" come on, you know better than that. They were created expressly as a trap to restrict rights and deter people from owning guns. If things like the storage laws were actually about "safety" then the law would be conditional, measured, or tiered in its response based on the specific risk presented. MA law has none of the above.

As contrast- If this happened in a free state a cop probably would have given the guy a harsh lecture and that would have been the end of it. Most people- most normal people- would "receive the message" and the problem would get resolved without dragging someone through court as a potential "criminal" for a non crime...

-Mike

Thanks for that post. Comedy is fun. Someone should report you to DSS for child abuse for making your kids drink that poison kool aid. Hopefully when they grow up they can get away from the indoctrination of their youth and see the truth which is the exact opposite.
Such anger! lol. Another victim lost in our society and blaming others. If you are good and ask nicely, perhaps my kids will give your kids jobs when they learn their Dad's anger left them damaged and unequipped to succeed in life. God bless our Military, Firefighters, Police and all 1st responders that add to our society. Wishing you the very best!!

This is an advantage of pocket carrying. Not only do you not have to worry about what to do with your gun, the extra weight helps pull your pants down when you unbuckle. ;)
I've heard most all the things people look for when selecting a gun. It being able to get your pants down around your ankles faster has never been one of them.

True dat.

The 30 depts figure or what you saw could have been because of the metlec team that responded which is made up of officers from many departments. The situation came about because a friend called the po-po out of concern for the vet's well being. The vet then told responding po-po that he had a gun and was going to shoot anyone that came near him. MetLec was called to help because the local pd did not have the needed resources or training. MSP came with a helo to help find him in the woods. FBI came in to help pinpoint his location via his cell phone. ATF helped with a gun sniffing dog to search the area after and confirm he had no gun. Hopefully the vet is getting the help he needs.

Such anger! lol. Another victim lost in our society and blaming others. If you are good and ask nicely, perhaps my kids will give your kids jobs when they learn their Dad's anger left them damaged and unequipped to succeed in life. God bless our Military, Firefighters, Police and all 1st responders that add to our society. Wishing you the very best!!

why are assuming gender here? i'm not assuming yours...

He's an idiot but there's nothing here that screams "he should not be allowed to own guns ever again" to me but that's the reality in this state. Too bad.

why are assuming gender here? i'm not assuming yours...
He/She supports Oprah, uses less than desirable terms and shows anger. His/her choice. Sounds a little ANTIFA to me. That is his/her message. Mine: God bless our troops, firefighters, police and all 1st responders. Who's message do you agree with? or are you just focused on pronouns? Or are you looking for nouns to be gender neutral also?

I see you liked Tuna's Post: "These GUYS seem to be trying extremely hard to remain pro-cop, and are being foiled at every turn by the cops themselves."

He/She is assuming it's all GUYS. Yet because you support his/her anti-police stance it's ok to not mention GALS. Double standards, based on your views. Typical.

Last edited:
Agree on the stupidity of it (A dude that is riding half-dirty on a restricted should be more mentally prepared, IMHO... that's not a light undertaking... plus also, it's not that hard to not leave your gun in a bathroom. ) disagree on your abundant hyperbole of it turning into a nuclear weapon because it was unattended for like 5 minutes at some office, BFD, yawn. This alarmist mentality is why we have the shit laws to begin with, everything is based on "woulda coulda shouldas and possibly maybes... and mights". Only in MA is a gun treated as a nuclear bomb, and its horseshit.

Those laws also, were not created "because people can't take responsibility" come on, you know better than that. They were created expressly as a trap to restrict rights and deter people from owning guns. If things like the storage laws were actually about "safety" then the law would be conditional, measured, or tiered in its response based on the specific risk presented. MA law has none of the above.

As contrast- If this happened in a free state a cop probably would have given the guy a harsh lecture and that would have been the end of it. Most people- most normal people- would "receive the message" and the problem would get resolved without dragging someone through court as a potential "criminal" for a non crime...

-Mike

I'll sometimes quasi-troll when it comes to safety on the board.

I'm not against safety, but I am sick of people acting like Two Person Integrity is necessary anytime a firearm is in the same zip code. I look at the "4 rules" as existing in their current form to allow for up to 2 to be broken and still maintain a reasonable amount of safety. I try to practice all 4, but I don't flip out because the well endowed model has her finger on the trigger, or because someone is sweeping me with a cased rifle when they take it out of the trunk.

As for the "risk" of leaving a firearm unattended - horse hockey. Generations of people have been raised around guns without being a giant risk to everyone. Maybe if we had more accidents, we wouldn't have as many stupid people causing those accidents.

I was at a friend's house, we were going through the effects of a hunting partner who had just died. We had his guns on the table, knives in a box, bows and arrows leaning against the wall, etc etc. Oh yeah, my 6 and 9 year old kids were with me. After a couple hours, my friend remembered his wife's rifle that he wanted to show me. While I looked at it, my daughter (9) asked if she could see it. I'd already cleared it, so I just handed it to her. She asked "can you check it's unloaded? I don't know how" (we don't have ARs in my house - I don't like them, so she's never seen one). After a minute, she then handed it to my son (6). When he handed it back, my friend remarked that neither kid had pointed the gun unsafely, and neither put their fingers on the trigger. My son then asked "aren't those the rules?" (Proud papa moment - let me gloat). My friend then remarked, that for several hours, my kids had been around a lot of dangerous stuff, and he never thought to worry because they're kids. My kids don't have a fear of, or a curiosity of guns and knives and the like because they're around them all the time. They don't think of them as magic or taboo, they're just stuff. If they want to look at something, they ask and we do it safely - I always make time for that, and it pays off.

The non-gunners aren't going to get over their fears of guns if we don't stop feeding the fears. "OMG, there's a gun in the bathroom!!" should be answered with "BFD, it's only a S&W, call me when it's something interesting".

We're encouraging this fear, and it isn't helping our cause. I'm not saying we should walk around spinning our pistols on our fingers like the old cowboys did, but maybe we back off on the "nuclear 9mm worry warts" a bit and just treat them like a tool. Don't play with a running chainsaw, don't grab it by the chain, but if its off and your hands are clear, it's not going to hurt you.

If he had left his gang-bangin, ms13 illegal alien in the bathroom, nobody would have batted an eye - he probably would have gotten a "humanitarian" award. Maybe we need a law against unattended illegal aliens - or restrict them to target and hunting so they can't hurt anyone.

Back
Top Bottom