Restricted ltc

I received a restricted ltc in Salem ma, is there anything I can do to before trying to appeal to lift restrictions?

Call Atty. Jason Guida. He's probably backed up with cases/clients but it might still be worth the phone call. Can't speak specifically to Salem, but in general lifting restrictions in a red town is usually a function of how much time and effort you want to put into it.

on what basis do you feel you have an avenue to appeal?

You were granted a license, granted it isn't the one you want, but with discretionary licensing and licensing authorities who are anti-2A they are well within the law by issuing you a restricted LTC ... in the bad old days places like Medford would hand you a Class B license with no recourse,

I'd be calling Comm 2A

Start by asking the licensing authority what you need to do to get unrestricted.
In "red towns" usually you have to be responsible for large amounts of cash, late-night bank deposits, doctor, lawyer with enemies, etc. In other words they require you to show a need for an unrestricted license. Not fair but that's how it works.
I was issued a restricted license in Boston, got certified as a firearms instructor, wrote a couple of polite letters and BPD re-isuued me an unrestricted license.

Back
Top Bottom