Restricted? If your PD refuses to lift the restrictions contact Comm2A

If you have contacted your PD and asked nicely and they have refused to lift the restrictions, are saying they are enforcing existing restrictions, etc; contact Comm2A via email at [email protected].
what if my local dealer refuses to sell me a silencer in state. Can we take that one up the food chain in light of the Bruen ruling ;)

If you have contacted your PD and asked nicely and they have refused to lift the restrictions, are saying they are enforcing existing restrictions, etc; contact Comm2A via email at [email protected].
I’ve emailed you guys I’ve gotten contacted back let’s see how it goes Medford Pd is still enforcing restrictions for all residents

If one currently has restrictions, should they be contacting their licensing PD to have a new LTC issued? Or is just known now that someone with a valid LTC simply has no restrictions?
I’m slow, be kind.

Last edited:
If one currently has restrictions, should they be contacting their licensing PD to have a new LTC issued? Or is just known now that someone with a valid LTC simply has no restrictions?
I’m slow, be kind.
contact your local pd and be prepared for one of the following: 1. you are able to successfully able to talk to someone and they re issue without restrictions, 2. you successfully able to get a hold of someone and they keep your restrictions. 3. they completely ignore you and your request [cheers]

I’m slow, be kind.

Yes.

It's your call, but I'd already be carrying. Nothing your PD says can possibly outweigh what SCOTUS said.

Nice to live in a town that doesn’t issue restrictions.

...and that's precisely the situation that Bruen says is unconstitutional. Some towns doing one thing, some towns not.

It sounds like the restrictions conversation is wrapping up nicely. Thanks again, @Comm2A, great work!

Now, with all the discussions ongoing about personal or reference letters, is there any additional guidance? @Rob Boudrie and @Knuckle Dragger, you two seem to be the most active from the team right now, is there anything you can tell those of us who are guiding new applicants?

Has anyone heard back in Salem? I have held off for now awaiting email and voicemail enquiries to their firearms licensing officer to confirm our of nicety, but at this point I feel like just holstering up - only issue is that they can try and make your life difficult if they want to at least temporarily.

Is there a link to the "declaration" that there are no more restrictions? I would like to share this, but want to send something "official".

Thank you.

wait, what? we can now buy suppressors in massachusetts?
the lack of a sale could would be your "damages" and you could sue the state as a result if you so chose to do so. It would be no different than the other states that are suing for standard cap magazine bans and state assault weapon bans. My thought is that in light of the bruen ruling it would be perceived as an infringement considering how SCOTUS has directed the lower courts to consider the constitution.

Also, doesn't this go against the ruling?
Negative, SCOTUS ruled that states can still require licensing for carrying a weapon but they can no longer require an applicant to show "good reason" for needing an LTC and as a result can no longer impose restrictions on that license. They can still deny you a license for being a PP or "unsuitable"

Negative, SCOTUS ruled that states can still require licensing for carrying a weapon but they can no longer require an applicant to show "good reason" for needing an LTC and as a result can no longer impose restrictions on that license. They can still deny you a license for being a PP or "unsuitable"

And unsuitable will need to be objective so will collapse to the same as PP or a person for whom a red flag prohibition would be approved by a judge.

Got a message from a friend who has a restricted LTC (T&H) from Watertown, he was thrilled to find out that they have complied with the SCOTUS ruling and the restrictions are now void. ALP for everyone!
They posted it on their website, Farcebook and Twitter pages:

Waiting for Brookline to do the same........

Back
Top Bottom