• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Restricted Class A in Quincy

Him

My girlfriend just got her LTC in Quincy, Class A, but it's restricted to target and hunting. All of the threads around here say that Quincy is a green town and typically gives Class A LTC ALP. I saw something about all she would have to do is "request" that the restrictions be lifted and they will (She's 22 if that makes any difference). Is there something she can do to get them lifted? She has a completely clean record.

My sister just had her restrictions lifted at her first renewal. I have heard from others on this forum that the unofficial policy of the QPD is to give unrestricted licences to those 25 or older. Just heresay but I have heard it from several people. In my experience this has not been the case. For what its worth I was issued an unrestricted licence at age 21 under the new chief.

My sister just had her restrictions lifted at her first renewal. I have heard from others on this forum that the unofficial policy of the QPD is to give unrestricted licences to those 25 or older. Just heresay but I have heard it from several people. In my experience this has not been the case. For what its worth I was issued an unrestricted licence at age 21 under the new chief.

Hopefully I wont have any problems in February [smile]

My girlfriend just got her LTC in Quincy, Class A, but it's restricted to target and hunting. All of the threads around here say that Quincy is a green town and typically gives Class A LTC ALP. I saw something about all she would have to do is "request" that the restrictions be lifted and they will (She's 22 if that makes any difference). Is there something she can do to get them lifted? She has a completely clean record.

Regrettably, it does make a difference. The new Quincy Chief will only do Unrestricted LTCs for those >25 yo! [frown]

Unless there are some extenuating circumstances, I'm afraid that she'll have to live with that restriction for a few years.

Not really a rumor, but solid info from those that are directly involved in getting the unrestricted policy put in place. I don't live in Quincy, so that's the most authoritative info that I can provide.

My sister just had her restrictions lifted at her first renewal. I have heard from others on this forum that the unofficial policy of the QPD is to give unrestricted licences to those 25 or older. Just heresay [sic] but I have heard it from several people. In my experience this has not been the case. For what its worth I was issued an unrestricted licence at age 21 under the new chief.

No one seems to be taking notice of the bold text from DTR

No one seems to be taking notice of the bold text from DTR

Might have been some "extenuating circumstance" that I alluded to above.

I know that what I posted above is "generally correct" but w/o further info on the person who allegedly got unrestricted at 21, none of us can make a judgment call on why him and not others.

yet another COP breaking the law, hmm? there's a pattern here they make what they see fit to be the law. he should be removed from duty.
pray tell, how is he breaking the law?

Something about "unalienable rights", "all men created equal", etc. I read that somewhere on this old tired document, can't really remember the name of it. Seemed important though. There was an addendum to that one that enumerated all of those 'unalienable rights' too, if I recall correctly.

Something about "unalienable rights", "all men created equal", etc. I read that somewhere on this old tired document, can't really remember the name of it. Seemed important though. There was an addendum to that one that enumerated all of those 'unalienable rights' too, if I recall correctly.

so, rather than the COP breaking the law, he is enforcing an unconstitutional law. Subtle difference, imho (and one that we need to eliminate from ever happening again)

After deliberating on this topic, I have concluded that the most ligitimate course of action is unlimited carrying for everyone everywhere on earth [smile].

Might have been some "extenuating circumstance" that I alluded to above.

I know that what I posted above is "generally correct" but w/o further info on the person who allegedly got unrestricted at 21, none of us can make a judgment call on why him and not others.

True, not saying you're wrong or anything, but from DTR thread "Rejected!" a while back, I didn't get that impression

from the thread
Hey just wanted to give you guys a quick update. I decided to wait for Quincy's police chief to retire and ask the new one to review my application. There is a variety of reasons I chose to go this route but I wont bore you with them. Today I got a phone call from the new Quincy police officer in charge of licensing. He introduced himself and asked a couple of questions about why I wanted a licence etc.. He said he would review my application and get back to me. I received a phone call about 20 minutes later from the secretary who does the licensing paperwork informing me that the chief had agreed to give me a Class-A Unrestricted. I'm not celebrating yet until I have it in my hand (7-10 day wait because something had to be resubmitted) but I am pretty happy at this point.[grin]

seems like an applicant just have to catch the new chief on a day when his coffee is warm and his donuts are glazed on both sides [thinking]

NO. You fail Civics 101.

The Bill of Rights merely acknowledges certain rights; it makes no attempt to enumerate ALL natural rights.

Back
Top Bottom