Rest in Peace, State Representative Cariddi

Massachusetts State Representative Gailanne Cariddi passed away yesterday, and I just wanted to pay my respects with a small note here.

Ms. Cariddi represented the 1st Berkshire District for the last ten years, but the one thing I wanted to comment on is when there was the outcry in the media after several shootings in schools and public places, Ms. Cariddi knew there would be a great deal of emotional statements made publicly as well as numerous calls for more gun legislation, and that, in order to debate, consider, and vote with intellect and integrity, she would need to learn more about firearms and safety--so she took her LTC course.

Regardless of political affiliation, I wish more of our "representatives" would emulate her behavior.

http://www.iberkshires.com/story/54841/Representative-Gailanne-Cariddi-Dies-at-63.html?

ok i'll acknowledge your post. never heard of her before this. the article doesn't mention her party affiliation, but doesn't really matter. seems like she had her head on reasonably straight, as does my democratic rep in brockton, claire cronin.

took the time to return my call during the last anti-gun go-around in 2015, and spent almost 1/2 hour on the phone with me, agreed with all my points, and only voted yea for the amended version we ended up with (i know, we didn't end up with anything better, but we didn't get totally screwed as we could have)

RIP Galianne Carridi

RIP Rep. Carridi. It sounds like she took her job seriously and wanted to be well informed.

Back
Top Bottom