• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Response from Elizabeth Warren to my email on Gun Control Legislation

I replied to her email:

Ms Warren,

In fact the military uses full automatic M-16's. The military DOES NOT use semi-automatic rifles, as you imply by labeling such rifle, "military grade".

Your misunderstanding of this issue deeply disturbs and upsets me. I strongly urge you to educate yourself further on this subject.

Sincerely,

Funny she took that stuff out... not that i think my email had anything to do with it....

Took the Harvard prof a few weeks to write me a mass email on hunting needs. Just proved my foresight on election day. What a waste of cyber space. Deleted.

This was the second e-mail. The paragraph with hunting reference was not in the first e-mail. It's a really lame, insulting attempt to empathize with us.

Dear Charles,

Thank you for contacting me about gun control legislation.

Like millions of people across the country, I was heartbroken by the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School last December. I do not know how to explain the deaths of twenty innocent children or why six heroic teachers had to make the ultimate sacrifice for their students.

I also grew up in family that used guns. My older brothers hunted, and I learned to shoot when I was in grade school. I have great respect for the role that hunting and guns play in many communities across the country and believe there is a place for responsible gun ownership in our society. But I also don't think anyone needs military-grade assault weapons to hunt or Rambo-style high capacity magazines to protect their family from intruders.

That's why I support a comprehensive set of reforms to reduce gun violence. I strongly support reauthorizing the expired ban on federal assault weapons and high capacity magazines. I also support closing the loopholes in federal background checks for gun shows and private sales. The President has put forward a slate of proposals to help address gun violence and gun safety, and I support those efforts as well.

There is no one way to stop gun violence, and there is certainly room for disagreement on the steps that we should take. But I hope that we can agree that we have a responsibility to ourselves and to our children to take the steps we can to stop the violence. I believe that a reauthorized assault weapons ban and the President's proposals represent a responsible path forward. I will keep your thoughts in mind as I continue to look for other steps we can take to protect our children and families from these terrible tragedies. I believe that is my responsibility as a United States Senator -- and as a mother and grandmother.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Warren
United States Senator

Sounds like they have a few different body paragraphs and mix and match them so people "think" that they're getting individual responses if they compare them with their neighbor. This is a goddam shame she can't read an excel spread sheet.

I already responded to her letter. I know it's useless but what the hell.

Here is what I wrote back:

Thanks for the response, Senator. Can you tell my why the police and other domestic government agencies will be allowed to keep all their high capacity magazines under all pending gun control legislation? Will they be playing Rambo?

Warmest regards,

Last edited:
really,how many rounds should we have if this pos comes through our door?
images

that was the most insulting ,condescending,patronizing letter i have ever reiceved from any politician,including barney frank.

Last edited:
I was just about to post this also,I got the same canned response.. I can't say I was surprised by the reply. The "Rambo Style" comment was just laughable and down right ignorant! This is what she thinks about lawful gun owners? All except the hunters of course.! What I choose to defend myself and my family with is none of her business and quite frankly I don't give a dam what this hack thinks!!

All she is a mouth piece and lock step vote for the left!

I got the same email and it is quite offensive. I hate when people reference "Rambo" when discussing law abiding citizens trying to exercise their rights to gun ownership. It not only is offensive but it immediately identifies the speaker as clown shoes.

The fact that an elected official would send an email response like this to a legitimate concern expressed by a resident and voter in this state is disgusting and inexcusable.

F*ck her and everyone that voted for her.

Got my line of crap... its true that there is a mod to mix things up a bit for the personal touch...
It is all bs as the response basically hits all of the democrat gun grabbing talking-points and well tested verbiage
this is a lying bunch of aholes with their plans to disarm all gun owners cause they of course really know best what's good for us.
Right grandma? What happened to the oath that you took at your swearing in... must've been a ceremonial oath right liawatha?

Dear James,
Like millions of people across the country, I was heartbroken by the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School last December. I do not know how to explain the deaths of twenty innocent children or why six heroic teachers had to make the ultimate sacrifice for their students.
I also grew up in family that used guns. My older brothers hunted, and I learned to shoot when I was in grade school. I have great respect for the role that hunting and guns play in many communities across the country and believe there is a place for responsible gun ownership in our society. But I also don't think anyone needs military-grade assault weapons to hunt or Rambo-style high capacity magazines to protect their family from intruders.
That's why I support a comprehensive set of reforms to reduce gun violence. I strongly support reauthorizing the expired ban on federal assault weapons and high capacity magazines. I also support closing the loopholes in federal background checks for gun shows and private sales. The President has put forward a slate of proposals to help address gun violence and gun safety, and I support those efforts as well.
There is no one way to stop gun violence, and there is certainly room for disagreement on the steps that we should take. But I hope that we can agree that we have a responsibility to ourselves and to our children to take the steps we can to stop the violence. I believe that a reauthorized assault weapons ban and the President's proposals represent a responsible path forward. I will keep your thoughts in mind as I continue to look for other steps we can take to protect our children and families from these terrible tragedies. I believe that is my responsibility as a United States Senator -- and as a mother and grandmother.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Warren
United States Senator

What bs...

Dear James,

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Warren
United States Senator

Me too. I replied "I will not vote for you again". Even though I didn't for the first time. But she doesn't need to know that.

I just went to her site and posted this...

I am concerned with your recent communication to me. It shows a disdain for a valid concern of a constituent on an important issue.

Your comment, “ I also don't think anyone needs military-grade assault weapons to hunt or Rambo-style high capacity magazines to protect their family from intruders”, is not only inaccurate but is also offensive and strangely ironic.

I don’t know what you mean by “military grade”, but I am assuming that means weapons which are currently issued by the United States Military. Currently, the US Military issues an M4 which is a fully automatic rifle, i.e., a “machine gun”. Machine guns have been essentially illegal to possess since 1934.

Also, your association with “Rambo” is both infantile and ironic. The infantile nature is obvious; responding to my concern with mention of a fictional character. But as long as you brought up the issue, it is intensely ironic that the character John Rambo walked into a town and was viciously harassed by the police for no reason. Sounds familiar.

Finally, this issue is more important than your “thoughts” and my “needs”. This is about the Constitution of the United States and your oath to defend it and my rights to live under it.

I am more sorry today than on the day you were elected to represent me.

Sincerely yours,

Translation:

"Thank you for letting me know about your concerns. I, being much smarter than you, don't really give a shit about what you think or what you want. I will endorse any disconnected, dangerous, ultra-liberal utopian fantasy that Lord Voldemort wants me to pass through, while demonizing everyone who might disagree with me and my radical cult masquerading as Democrats. If I could make you wear a helmet that gave me total control over every aspect of your life, I would make you wear it, take everything you own, and give it to people who are less fortunate than you. Because lets face it, you only have a good paying job because you are probably a white, middle-class male who didn't do anything to deserve your economic status. And furthermore you probably don't like me because I a might be 1/178th American Indian, and any criticism of me any my other cult members is purely driven by racism and hate. This is why I must use every method at my disposal to destroy you and anyone like you who might stand in the way of the successful implementation of progressive liberal improvements to our society. Our liberal media fueled propaganda machine, with our coordinated, multi-pronged attack on the Constitution and conservatives, will deny our enemies the ability to stop us. At this time I would like to inform you of how all of those racist, conservative, hate criminals in congress, the general public outside of our liberal stronghold cities, the terrorist organization called the NRA, and Fox news prevents us from being able to implement 'common sense' reforms that would benefit political cult members, and probably some of the least productive members of our society, but probably not the middle class, which I can't define anyway. So I suggest you get back to work, and try to get a raise because I am coming to steal every penny I can from you and your family to fund my Utopian paradise, so buckle up buttercup."

DoloresUmbridge.jpg

Last edited:
Same here, must have been a slow day at the office of our newly minted senator..how the hell did she get elected?? (PUKE)

Dear Adam,

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Warren
United States Senator

I just went to her site and posted this...

I am concerned with your recent communication to me. It shows a disdain for a valid concern of a constituent on an important issue.

Your comment, “ I also don't think anyone needs military-grade assault weapons to hunt or Rambo-style high capacity magazines to protect their family from intruders”, is not only inaccurate but is also offensive and strangely ironic.

I don’t know what you mean by “military grade”, but I am assuming that means weapons which are currently issued by the United States Military. Currently, the US Military issues an M4 which is a fully automatic rifle, i.e., a “machine gun”. Machine guns have been essentially illegal to possess since 1934.

Also, your association with “Rambo” is both infantile and ironic. The infantile nature is obvious; responding to my concern with mention of a fictional character. But as long as you brought up the issue, it is intensely ironic that the character John Rambo walked into a town and was viciously harassed by the police for no reason. Sounds familiar.

Finally, this issue is more important than your “thoughts” and my “needs”. This is about the Constitution of the United States and your oath to defend it and my rights to live under it.

I am more sorry today than on the day you were elected to represent me.

Sincerely yours,

Can I copy this??? Brilliant....

Granny Warren writes back.

Got the same thing tonight. I replied telling her to uphold her oath, etc. for what it's worth...

Well, the sky is blue, the ocean is wet, no surprises here- got the same response.

If nothing else, the threat of anti legislation is doing exactly what they hoped wouldn't, and galvanize gun owners to band together and stand up for their rights. Hopefully we win this time...

I got the same piece of trash email a few hours ago. Screw her.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom