Responded to Assault call and hooked up victim for loaded weapon....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't own a Ferrari or Lambroghini do you [thinking]

No, I love reading about how overpaid, with awesome retirement and benefits I get though. Then again, I'm not a suit in D.C.

Oh yeah, if it was written up for an actual arrest it would have been 3 pages of simply 'the why' I was even there before I even got into the crime. No prosecution I've been involved with has ever gone to trial, probably due to including every little item that even remotely dealt with the incident. Then you send it to 3 other people to proof-read it, then a supervisor, then 2nd line sup, all before someone way above my paygrade signs off on it. I apologize for skipping those steps :p

So, while I started this in jest for the most part, at least some of you got a laugh out of it.

*sigh* I'm a fed, I don't enforce local laws unless they are broken directly in front of me. Even then getting the AUSA to go on a state crime when I couldn't prosecute thousands of pounds of narcotics that are directly within my juris-my-diction.

Even DUI's, if locals won't come take them, I'm kinda stuck with losing thier keys for them for a little while.

Wait, .. what!?

I fully understand what he is saying.

He made an arrest of two suspects, placed them in the cruiser. Before transporting the suspects to the can, he then unloaded his firearm and let the suspects hold his ammo. Simple.

More proof that drunk typing is never a good idea.

oh-my-its-linus.jpg

OMFG........I have tears in my eyes....At first I thought it was the scotch....too bad it wasn't. Imagine being the two or three other guys that have to "proof read" the reports?

I'm going to do you all a favor. Here are the OP entries all combined. Should be easy reading at this point...

Post 1
Thread title: Responded to Assault call and hooked up victim for loaded weapon....
No really, when he mentioned he had weapons, we secured them. Handing him the rounds that were in the magazines while transporting them.
Imagine that, it didn't make the news, no one went to jail. I wonder how often this happens in our police state?

Post 30
Funny, I can make myself understood in at least two languages except for here.
The 'victim' had the weapons, we unloaded the suspect weapons, he kept everything in a legal fashion from that point on as far as I care. The story is much longer and really doesn't merit mentioning here other than the point I was trying to make.
Since it didn't make the 'news', or end up with someone in jail you guys would have never heard about it.

Post 35
Hey, I've agreed with you a couple of times in the past couple weeks. Now you go and poke fun at my family bush?
No soup for you.

Post 64
*sigh* I'm a fed, I don't enforce local laws unless they are broken directly in front of me. Even then getting the AUSA to go on a state crime when I couldn't prosecute thousands of pounds of narcotics that are directly within my juris-my-diction.
Even DUI's, if locals won't come take them, I'm kinda stuck with losing thier keys for them for a little while.

Post 66
No, I love reading about how overpaid, with awesome retirement and benefits I get though. Then again, I'm not a suit in D.C.
Oh yeah, if it was written up for an actual arrest it would have been 3 pages of simply 'the why' I was even there before I even got into the crime. No prosecution I've been involved with has ever gone to trial, probably due to including every little item that even remotely dealt with the incident. Then you send it to 3 other people to proof-read it, then a supervisor, then 2nd line sup, all before someone way above my paygrade signs off on it. I apologize for skipping those steps :p
So, while I started this in jest for the most part, at least some of you got a laugh out of it.

Isn't that clear for everyone now? There will be a test on what happened later[laugh]

OMFG........I have tears in my eyes....At first I thought it was the scotch....too bad it wasn't. Imagine being the two or three other guys that have to "proof read" the reports?

Ok, tough guy. Imagine writing something that could very well put someone away for 20-30 years. Upwards of 2 years later, it finally goes to trial and some lawyer is going to nitpick every damn sentence you wrote for grammer, spelling, whatever on the stand to try and get the report thrown out (ie: the case). In my particular field, drug smugglers have the money to get 'decent' lawyers. You'd be a fool not to have 2 or 3 people look it over, but have fun with that.

Lord help you if you have 'notes' that you didn't submit along with all the casework, so it all has to be in there.

Ok, tough guy. Imagine writing something that could very well put someone away for 20-30 years. Upwards of 2 years later, it finally goes to trial and some lawyer is going to nitpick every damn sentence you wrote for grammer, spelling, whatever on the stand to try and get the report thrown out (ie: the case). In my particular field, drug smugglers have the money to get 'decent' lawyers. You'd be a fool not to have 2 or 3 people look it over, but have fun with that.

Lord help you if you have 'notes' that you didn't submit along with all the casework, so it all has to be in there.

I read this whole thread, laughed a bit, and then you go and clarify everything crystal clear coherently [rolleyes]... seriously, how are we supposed to misinterpret that? Somebody always has to ruin the fun for everyone else.

+1, way to represent the feds though, as far as being sensible with the ammo and suspect weapons.

Maybe it's because it's really really late at night but I still don't get it. I feel like I just karma'd away the last 10 minutes of my life.

Is one of the languages you speak "Maine."
Seriously though, I understood perfectly what you were saying.
At one time in my life I lived in Houlton, Maine.
Good job and be safe.

even with all the explanations I am still a bit confused.

Did the OP make a bust and have the suspects hold on to the OP's ammo??

this is a serious question. I guess I just don't get it

I just read NINE pages of dialogue, only to know less about what happened than before I ever knew about the incident.

OP, I will give you rep points if you can just elaborate this to the point it makes sense to a non-fed.

1) what happened to the suspect.
2) what happened to the victim's gun, ie: was it unloaded and immediately returned to him, or just the ammo was returned.
3)why was the suspects gun taken from him, or unloaded or whatever.
4)did this happen on the street, or did the victim have to go retrieve his gun from the station.
5)If nobody was arrested, what the hell actually happened, and why would anybody's gun be taken from them.
6) basically, what the hell happened.

Yes, Pleeeeeeeease Weekendracer, what happened?????? I feel that i made the committment reading NINE pages of dialogue. The least you can do is.......put out. Don't leave me hanging. Not fair.
Just saying..... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom