• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Responded to Assault call and hooked up victim for loaded weapon....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, I can make myself understood in at least two languages except for here.

The 'victim' had the weapons, we unloaded the suspect weapons, he kept everything in a legal fashion from that point on as far as I care. The story is much longer and really doesn't merit mentioning here other than the point I was trying to make.

Since it didn't make the 'news', or end up with someone in jail you guys would have never heard about it.

You were doing so good up until that point. If assault was committed, why wouldn't someone find the inside of a jail cell*... [grin]

* Yeah, I know, simple assaults, etc don't have to be detainable offenses per se. Go with it, it's funny.

Boy folks are on fire tonight. Must be a full moon. THe one thing that is clear in the post is that Weekend Racer is an LEO that did not assume the victim was a bad guy and treated him the way I would want to be treated. Thanks for the post you sound like a decent LEO.

The 'victim' had the weapons, we unloaded the suspect weapons, he kept everything in a legal fashion from that point on as far as I care. The story is much longer and really doesn't merit mentioning here other than the point I was trying to make.

Since it didn't make the 'news', or end up with someone in jail you guys would have never heard about it.

So the victim and the suspect had weapons, you unloaded the suspects weapons and didn't arrest anyone?

Or the victim had weapons, you thought they were suspect, so you unloaded them and let them go?

So the victim and the suspect had weapons, you unloaded the suspects weapons and didn't arrest anyone?

Or the victim had weapons, you thought they were suspect, so you unloaded them and let them go?

I'm still confused too.

When you say "The victim had the weapons"... do you mean the victim had the bad guy's weapons? And you then unloaded them? What?

My brain hurts.

I had the same reaction. The follow-up post is slightly more coherent, but I still don't get who the "suspect weapons" belong to.

Yes, this clears it up perfectly. Thank you! [laugh]

You were doing so good up until that point. If assault was committed, why wouldn't someone find the inside of a jail cell*... [grin]

Maybe he didn't arrest him because there's no way he'd get convicted. If he writes his reports anything like his NES posts . . .

No really, when he mentioned he had weapons, we secured them. Handing him the rounds that were in the magazines while transporting them.

Imagine that, it didn't make the news, no one went to jail. I wonder how often this happens in our police state?

This made perfect sense to me, albeit it wasn't written as clearly as it could have been. Cut the LEO some slack. Evidently, he did the right thing.

Captain Walt is out to sea.

East wind, rain.

I had a buddy once, on the MSP. He told me a story about how he followed some motorist, late at night, for a long, long time. The guy never sped, or crossed marked lanes ... nuthin'. So he decided to let him go without stopping him. It was a pretty funny story. At the time.

I'm still confused. I think someone got their weapons back and the OP is pointing out that if it had made the news we all might have seen that no weapons were stolen or something along those lines, which seems like a good thing, in opposition to the threads about confiscation we see. Not sure I'm getting the story right or even close though, at all.

xray.jpg

Yep. I'm confused too.

So let me get this straight...You did your job and didn't violate anybodies civil rights and you want to be congratulated that you didn't taser the victim into submission because he had a gun ?

Congratulations.

Hey, who let that angry Al Jolsen out of the cage again?? [laugh]

*sigh* I'm a fed, I don't enforce local laws unless they are broken directly in front of me. Even then getting the AUSA to go on a state crime when I couldn't prosecute thousands of pounds of narcotics that are directly within my juris-my-diction.

Even DUI's, if locals won't come take them, I'm kinda stuck with losing thier keys for them for a little while.

*sigh* I'm a fed, I don't enforce local laws unless they are broken directly in front of me. Even then getting the AUSA to go on a state crime when I couldn't prosecute thousands of pounds of narcotics that are directly within my juris-my-diction.

Even DUI's, if locals won't come take them, I'm kinda stuck with losing thier keys for them for a little while.

You don't own a Ferrari or Lambroghini do you [thinking]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom