• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Responded to Assault call and hooked up victim for loaded weapon....

Status
Not open for further replies.
No really, when he mentioned he had weapons, we secured them. Handing him the rounds that were in the magazines while transporting them.

Imagine that, it didn't make the news, no one went to jail. I wonder how often this happens in our police state?

Trying to read/comprehend your post is like trying to listen to and comprehend a radio transmission that started halfway through and cut out here and there with static [laugh]

2nded.... what the heck are you talking about? [laugh]

-Mike

I hope the op never has to come to my place on a call. I would end up in the klink for not following his orders as i would not have a clue what he was saying to me.

hooked up as in cuffs? hooked up as in let him keep them? them being what the guns, the mags or the rounds?

I know why it didn't make the news, even they couldn't understand it and they tend to speak the same language!!

Huh? Don't they make cops nowadays take some sort of coherency test before giving them a badge? What the hell is this guy saying?

I remember one time I assaulted this victim with my loaded weapon and dumped a few rounds and she said she didn't like the rounds and gave them back.

Wait what are we talking about again?!?

not necessarily. an assault can happen pretty damned fast. as in seconds fast. no time to throw on the CCW sash and consult with a lawyer to make sure it's gonna be a clean shoot.
Even if the whole event does not happen that fast - your realization that this is what's going on certainly can and likely will take you by surprise.

Unless you are assaulted on a regular basis your brain goes with what "usually happens" as the assumption. Thankfully for most of us the norm is _not_ getting assaulted. Unfortunately, this means your assumption on "that day" is wrong...

sounds to me like a guy was assaulted. the victim had a firearm on his person. the responding officers either transported him home, or transported him to the station to make a statement. they secured his firearm before transport, and gave him his bullets to hold while unloading said firearm. not that hard to follow, and good on you weekendracer. there are a lot of good cops out there.

I think you artistic interpertation skills are much better than mine [thinking]

exactly. carrying a concealed weapon regularly may mentally empower you, but unless you're conditioned to draw and shoot at the first sign of a threat, you're probably going to get your head kicked in by the three punks on the corner before you know what's happening. losing 60-70% of motor function to alarm is seriously going to screw you up. if anyone's been in a car accident, think about how you freeze and grip the wheel instead of driving through it. and i'm no HSLD professional trainer, or IPSC champion, so i honestly don't know what i'd do in a situation like that. just trying to clarify the fact that getting a permit and carrying a gun isn't going to prevent you from getting stomped on by someone who's decided to attack you.

I understand all that, with that post i was implying more that i couldn't understand the op because i had assumed (that's my mistake) he would have pulled his firearm. you had made it sound so easy to follow, but as i said i had assumed he would have done something, hence my not following the op.

Funny, I can make myself understood in at least two languages except for here.

The 'victim' had the weapons, we unloaded the suspect weapons, he kept everything in a legal fashion from that point on as far as I care. The story is much longer and really doesn't merit mentioning here other than the point I was trying to make.

Since it didn't make the 'news', or end up with someone in jail you guys would have never heard about it.

It's funny. His screen name is Weekend Racer. He raced through the opening thread to get it on paper, not realizing it was incoherent. Funny thing is today is mid-week not the weekend so he shouldn't be racing. Can't wait for the long version.

Funny, I can make myself understood in at least two languages except for here.

The 'victim' had the weapons, we unloaded the suspect weapons, he kept everything in a legal fashion from that point on as far as I care. The story is much longer and really doesn't merit mentioning here other than the point I was trying to make.

Since it didn't make the 'news', or end up with someone in jail you guys would have never heard about it.
How are your Uncle and baby doing? [laugh]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom