• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Residents of which northeast states can legally buy preban AR15 lowers

I was wondering residents of which northeast states can legally buy preban AR15 lowers.
Northeast is defined as Maine, New York, New Jersey, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire and Pennsylvania. Of these states, CT, NY, and NJ would not allow acquiring a banned rifle on the basis that it was manufactured before the state ban.

All of them... provided they are appropriately licensed in their respective jurisdictions.
:rolleyes: Licensed? Northern New England asks, whatfor is this license of which you speak?

Last edited:
Isn't the answer all of them if it's just a lower? It could be built out as a bolt action.

Northeast is defined as Maine, New York, New Jersey, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire and Pennsylvania. Of these states, CT, NY, and NJ would not allow acquiring a banned rifle on the basis that it was manufactured before the state ban.

:rolleyes: Licensed? Northern New England asks, whatfor is this license of which you speak?
I thought NY, NJ, and PA (and maybe CT) were Mid-Atlantic?

:rolleyes:

All of them... provided they are appropriately licensed in their respective jurisdictions.

Is this a trick question?... where is the confusion?

I think a better question would have been in which north eastern states would it have additional value.

Using the Census Bureau's definition of the Northeast, the region includes nine states: they are Maine, New York, New Jersey, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire and Pennsylvania.
Some folks will confuse the Northeast region with New England. They are distinctly different areas. New England is a region comprising six states in the Northeastern United States: Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut.

Some folks will confuse the Northeast region with New England. They are distinctly different areas. New England is a region comprising six states in the Northeastern United States: Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut.
D46PXIRWsAEdwyO.jpg

Whenever they say that on the air, I get this faint feeling of vertigo.

I have never figured out whether it's because
I'm standing atop a mountain, or at the edge of a cliff.
Lately I'm developing a bad feeling about it, though. [angry]

Back
Top Bottom