Resident Arrested, Charged with Unlawful Possession of Firearms

Caught this in the news this morning...

A Tewksbury man has been arrested and faces several charges including unlawful possession of a firearm, unlawful possession of ammunition and failure to surrender firearms.
On Dec. 8, detectives from the Tewksbury Police Department were notified by the United States Department of Homeland Security that a Tewksbury resident was unlawfully in possession of firearms. A thorough investigation was conducted by the Tewksbury Detectives, which resulted in the issuance and execution of a search warrant at 8 Tanager Road in Tewksbury.

http://patch.com/massachusetts/tewksbury/resident-arrested-charged-unlawful-possession-firearms-0

I did a quick search and didn't see an existing thread so please close if this is a dupe.

Does anyone have a details on this bust?

http://www.lowellsun.com/news/ci_29229293/firearms-seized-after-homeland-security-alert

"LOWELL -- Tewksbury police seized firearms and hundreds of rounds of ammunition from an IRS employee's home after Roland C. Moore, who was wearing tinfoil on his head when he was arrested, appeared on Homeland Security's radar due to possible mental-health issues. "

That article certainly raises more questions than it answers. I guess the moral of the story is to never use your EAP at work if you are having any "issues".

So we need to bring illegals out of the shadows so they won't be afraid to report crimes or help the police but, we send a clear message to people with mental health issues that seeking help will destroy your life.

Wasn't me I swear!

conspiracy.jpg

So who is next on their list to be declared to have "Mental Health Issues" ?

Two of the guns recovered were not listed as registered to Moore. A .22-caliber Beretta that was registered to Moore was not recovered. The investigation is ongoing, according to police.

I didn't know they had a gun registry in MA

Clearly his skin color made him even more dangerous!

EAPs are no more your friend any more than HR is there to take your side versus any qualms against the workplace.
Amen.
EAP at my company consists of three appointed "officials". Two are from management, one from labor. All three would throw their mother in front of a bus or an ISIS attack if it meant a better deal for the rat fink scums (and that's mild compared to what some guys at work call em)...

Know the enemy, always.

So this appears that once again DHS is expanding its base of duties into those of other agencies. They don't explain the nexus for that agency to be involved with firearms, or why he is prohibited.

I know that it is okay for them to go after him because he is white and most likely not a muzzie. On top of that Tewksbury is involved again, They seem to have awful close ties to the feds lately.
He had his LTC revoked by the Tewksbury police and failed to surrender his firearms. Doesn't explain why his permit was revoked but since he has seen a judge regarding his mental health and was wearing a tinfoil hat I'm guessing that he was deemed unsuitable for mental health reasons?

Moore met recently with IRS officials and a psychiatrist with the Employee Assistant Program to discuss his mental-health issues. During the meeting, Moore admitted to having firearms in his home. He was transported to the hospital for further evaluation.

Seems like this gentleman was having some problems at work and opened his mouth when he shouldn't have. It's probably better that he doesn't have any guns. I mean his license was already pulled and he is clearly not a sane person. I wonder if he heard helicopters above him a lot.

He had his LTC revoked by the Tewksbury police and failed to surrender his firearms. Doesn't explain why his permit was revoked but since he has seen a judge regarding his mental health and was wearing a tinfoil hat I'm guessing that he was deemed unsuitable for mental health reasons?

Wait a minute....the LTC gives you the 'right' to carry, not the right to own. Is a LTC required in MA simply to own a firearm or have I got that wrong????

Wait a minute....the LTC gives you the 'right' to carry, not the right to own. Is a LTC required in MA simply to own a firearm or have I got that wrong????

At first glance this case would appear to be a perfect example of what's wrong with licensing in MA -- needing a license to possess guns in your home. However, I doubt that in the current environment this guy would represent the quality, sympathetic plaintiff Comm2A would go to court with.

The Lowell Sun article says his license was pulled by his CoP for unsuitability based on an arrest for Assault. There's no mention of what the disposition of his case was.

Hmmm...how did they know the guy was in illegal possession of firearms?

Looking forward to seeing the details on this one

From the second article:

"Homeland Security checked on the status of Moore's firearms license and found that he had at least three firearms registered to him, but his license had been suspended by the Mansfield Police Chief after Moore was deemed to be an 'Unsuitable person'."
The suspension of his license was due to his arrest on Jan. 16, 2009, for an open case of assault in Lowell District Court, according to Tewksbury police. Moore was instructed as part of that case to surrender his firearms license, firearms and ammunition."

Not that I think any of what is happening is anything short of unconstitutional, but it's still important to note that his license was suspended based on an earlier arrest, and that was what led to the seizure, though it WAS in fact triggered by a mental health referral.

Read more: http://www.lowellsun.com/news/ci_29...d-after-homeland-security-alert#ixzz3tw8GF9m4

Never say anything to EAP about firearms. Anything you say about guns requires EAP to contact management immediately, who will then call the police. I've seen several employees make this mistake.

It falls under the same guidelines as do not talk to the police.

Its kinda crazy cause Tewksbury is a pretty green town .

I used to live in Tewksbury for 26 years. I left in 2004. Back then all I did was walk into the police station, fill out the forms, get through the fairly easy interview and finger printing, pay my $100 and wait for them to call me when the license arrived(about 4 weeks). (Relatively easy then but have no clue how it is now)

When I moved to NH I went to the police station, filled in a one page form (no interview, no fingerprinting) and went back a week later to pay my $10 and get my license. (Insanely easy by comparison and a hell of a lot cheaper)

Last edited:
I used to live in Tewksbury for 26 years. I left in 2004. Back then all I did was walk into the police station, fill out the forms, get through the fairly easy interview and finger printing, pay my $100 and wait for them to call me when the license arrived(about 4 weeks). (Relatively easy them but have no clue how it is now)

When I moved to NH I went to the police station, filled in a one page form (no interview, no fingerprinting) and went back a week later to pay my $10 and get my license. (Insanely easy by comparison and a hell of a lot cheaper)

Basically the same. Last time they showed the stats tewkbury only had one restricted class a and one b . But the person asked for those . I've been pulled over by Tewksbury cops and after I get asked if I'm carrying a few have said some thing like why not .

Back
Top Bottom