• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

REPUBLICAN SENATORS REINTRODUCE HEARING PROTECTION ACT

I'm curious why no one has decided to use deregulation of suppressors as a poison pill. That's how we got the Hughes Amendment. Sure, no one wants to be known as the guy who brought MGs back into widespread use, but there has to be someone willing to just put a suppressor deregulation amendment on anything the Dems want to pass.

I'm curious why no one has decided to use deregulation of suppressors as a poison pill. That's how we got the Hughes Amendment. Sure, no one wants to be known as the guy who brought MGs back into widespread use, but there has to be someone willing to just put a suppressor deregulation amendment on anything the Dems want to pass.
They dont really want it bad enough. We do. When you start to think of Dems and the GOP as one party, things start to make better sense.

Republicans had both halves of congress and the WH and did nothing. They could have rammed it through with a smirk on their faces and there wouldnt have been anything the Dems could do about it. But they didnt. Now that theres no chance of it being passed, theyre re-introducing it.

Did this happen today btw? Even better. Guy live streams murdering 50 people with an AR and the next day the GOP decides to bring this back out to the table. "Welp, we tried..."

D and R, two sides of the same coin.

Nor a snowball's chance, but I'd sure like to be wrong on that. Jack.

Jack,
I'd like to also be dead wrong but the GOP sat on their hands for 2 years and they were the only two recent years that it might have passed. Sadly after this mornings goings on in NZ and the rabid MF'ers in DC it's only going to get worse for all of us.

Bunch of a holes. They had both chambers and the White House and they didn’t do shit.

How did that Obamacare repeal go? I yeah I forgot.

FU

They proposed it now, when it has zero chance of passing, to check a box without having to really check the box. Kind of like their Obamacare repeals.

DC Uni-party a**h***s!

There was momentum to get HPA and SHARE through in 2016, but the Scalise shooting killed it all. Vegas months later even more.

This is insulting what these Republican senators are doing, but after Obamacare we know their game now and is all the more reason to vote them out in their primaries so we can get new people in office. Voting for a Democrat to get an incumbent Republican out is never the answer unless it's someone like Mitch McConnell, Susan Collins, Rubio, or Romney we're talking about.

I still say the only way to get any pro gun legislation through Congress is a compromise bill cuz it's obvious the Republicans will not ram any gun bills through when they're in control. The best compromise bill I could think of that had a chance to pass was bump stock regulation for suppressors and then everyone bitched and moaned about "not another inch" when it came to bump stocks threw away the only useless item that Democrats wanted and would have traded for suppressors.

Now you got nothing, unless you'd be willing to trade suppressor deregulation for a national ban on firearm sales to people under 21. When it comes to Federal laws, you can't rely on constitutional platitudes of "shall not be infringed" because all gov't wants is to infringe and they're not going to remove infringements, not in the Senate at least.

We all collectively blew it because once Trump took office we stopped protesting, marching, and calling our reps and senators offices to tell them slam that HPA through. If by some miracle the Republicans take back the House in 2020 and Trump gets re-elected, then come 2021 we need to be out en masse because that will be the last opportunity to change the NFA.

There was momentum to get HPA and SHARE through in 2016, but the Scalise shooting killed it all. Vegas months later even more.

This is insulting what these Republican senators are doing, but after Obamacare we know their game now and is all the more reason to vote them out in their primaries so we can get new people in office. Voting for a Democrat to get an incumbent Republican out is never the answer unless it's someone like Mitch McConnell, Susan Collins, Rubio, or Romney we're talking about.

I still say the only way to get any pro gun legislation through Congress is a compromise bill cuz it's obvious the Republicans will not ram any gun bills through when they're in control. The best compromise bill I could think of that had a chance to pass was bump stock regulation for suppressors and then everyone bitched and moaned about "not another inch" when it came to bump stocks threw away the only useless item that Democrats wanted and would have traded for suppressors.

Now you got nothing, unless you'd be willing to trade suppressor deregulation for a national ban on firearm sales to people under 21. When it comes to Federal laws, you can't rely on constitutional platitudes of "shall not be infringed" because all gov't wants is to infringe and they're not going to remove infringements, not in the Senate at least.

We all collectively blew it because once Trump took office we stopped protesting, marching, and calling our reps and senators offices to tell them slam that HPA through. If by some miracle the Republicans take back the House in 2020 and Trump gets re-elected, then come 2021 we need to be out en masse because that will be the last opportunity to change the NFA.

The problem with compromising with the left is that theyre never satisfied. Give up bump stocks for suppressors and 5 years later theyre taking suppressors back and now you have nothing. I understand how compromises and deals work with normal people under normal circumstances but it doesnt work when youre dealing with liars and thieves who will just come back at a later date and steal back what theyre giving up.

They proposed it now, when it has zero chance of passing, to check a box without having to really check the box. Kind of like their Obamacare repeals.

DC Uni-party a**h***s!

Because all the sword swallowers will be like "omgz dey trying but da demz"

The problem with compromising with the left is that theyre never satisfied. Give up bump stocks for suppressors and 5 years later theyre taking suppressors back and now you have nothing. I understand how compromises and deals work with normal people under normal circumstances but it doesnt work when youre dealing with liars and thieves who will just come back at a later date and steal back what theyre giving up.
They were going to take bump stocks anyway and the next time the Dems get both houses and the White House, they'd be coming after more than suppressors.

It's better to have a law passed to deal with bump stocks than have the ATF do it on a whim because they can do anything on a whim now. There's no legal language that makes bump stocks a machine gun, but the ATF says cuz they're kind of like a machine gun, they are and that same type of regulatory reasoning can also be applied to semi-autos.

Imagine if they took it further and passed a law demanding every gun be shot with a suppressor. How much would it cost you to get every barrel threaded and buy a suppressor for every gun. No thanks.

That obviously would never happen here because "OMG, SUPRESSORS, I see people killing people next to other people in movies and they dont hear the shot".

I am not saying no one should have a suppressor. Go buy them for all I care. But this talk about "compromising" to me is not worth it.

Back
Top Bottom