Report: Americans Own an Estimated 434 Million Firearms

Reptile

NES Member
The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) reported Monday there are an estimated 434 million firearms in private possession in the United States of America.

NSSF Firearm Production Figures show approximately six million firearms were manufactured in the U.S. in 2019, they included 3.6 million pistols and revolvers, two million rifles, and 480,000 shotguns.

Another 3.3 million firearms were imported into the U.S. during 2019. Those imports “included 2.3 million pistols and revolvers, 301,000 rifles and 678,000 shotguns.”

The NSSF notes “there are an estimated 19.8 million Modern Sporting Rifles (MSRs)” in circulation since 1990 alone. MSRs include AR-15s, AK-47s, variants of both rifles, and other commonly-owned semiautomatic rifles.

These figures give some insight into the August 31, 2018, Breitbart News report that over nine million AR-15s were manufactured in the U.S., for sale in the U.S., during Barack Obama’s administration alone. The Wall Street Journal reported “companies made 9.3 million AR-style and similar rifles in the U.S. for domestic sales from 2009 through 2016.”

The NSSF notes Americans currently possess “approximately 71.2 million pistol magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds” and “79.2 million rifle magazines capable of holding 30 or more rounds.”

Why are shotgun imports so much higher than domestic production? An order of magnitude higher when compared to handguns and rifles.

We don't make nice shotguns? What are we importing? Fine (Italian?) O/U or SxS sporting guns?

Those aren't the guns people need to worry about. These are:

SixFirearms.jpg

I have a lot of guns from my "kid days,"that are not registered due to their age. I have a real lot from my "Dad" days. They are not estimating the "kid"days, which would be a dozen more in my case.

Meh. Many are useless fudds and a small percentage are recent pussy leftists. If 400 million were in our hands I would be much more comfortable

I'm guessing that number is higher than they think, I wonder how many frames p80 has made since they started, nevermind the other 80% makers lol

and the anti's will say "the number of owners are down, it's the nuts that own hundreds that reflect this figure"

If you listen to the antis it's the same group of 38 people who own all of the guns in the country, the super collectors. That's cool with me because I'll never need a boating accident, I can just point to the nearest super collector lol.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) reported Monday there are an estimated 434 million firearms in private possession in the United States of America.

NSSF Firearm Production Figures show approximately six million firearms were manufactured in the U.S. in 2019, they included 3.6 million pistols and revolvers, two million rifles, and 480,000 shotguns.

Another 3.3 million firearms were imported into the U.S. during 2019. Those imports “included 2.3 million pistols and revolvers, 301,000 rifles and 678,000 shotguns.”

The NSSF notes “there are an estimated 19.8 million Modern Sporting Rifles (MSRs)” in circulation since 1990 alone. MSRs include AR-15s, AK-47s, variants of both rifles, and other commonly-owned semiautomatic rifles.

These figures give some insight into the August 31, 2018, Breitbart News report that over nine million AR-15s were manufactured in the U.S., for sale in the U.S., during Barack Obama’s administration alone. The Wall Street Journal reported “companies made 9.3 million AR-style and similar rifles in the U.S. for domestic sales from 2009 through 2016.”

The NSSF notes Americans currently possess “approximately 71.2 million pistol magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds” and “79.2 million rifle magazines capable of holding 30 or more rounds.”

View: https://youtu.be/BCgS079ZkPU

Back
Top Bottom