Replacing Broken Pre Ban Glock Mag Bodies With New Glock Mag Bodies In Massachusetts

The likelihood of you needing to fire a gun at all is minimal. But you still carry, don't you?

Also, consider the following statistic (I can't find the source right now, sorry). In police shootings it takes on average three hits to bring someone down. Cops also miss two out of three times. So that's nine rounds... for just one assailant...

Did you see the video from a few days ago of I think Texas cops in a shootout with a car at traffic stop? One of the cops emptied his mag into the guy after he went down, lol.

Was in Florida:

Last edited:
Doesn't work. OK while on the job. Questionable at best after retirement (gray area) . . . and that info was from an EOPS attorney in a couple of FTF conversations. Of course if anyone wants to be a test case, then we might get a definitive answer.

I would bet a nice dinner that a retired cop would get a free pass on any AWB related anything, regardless of the law.

So, even if being a retired LEO doesn’t legally protect you in a strict reading of the law, in any real world practical application it does.

I would bet a nice dinner that a retired cop would get a free pass on any AWB related anything, regardless of the law.

So, even if being a retired LEO doesn’t legally protect you in a strict reading of the law, in any real world practical application it does.

You'll be waiting a long time to test that, because AWB charges in mass are uncommonly rare, retired cop or not.

You'll be waiting a long time to test that, because AWB charges in mass are uncommonly rare, retired cop or not.

Do they even happen outside a ton of other charges? Has *ANYONE* ever been charged on an AWB violation that wasn't associated with not having a license or drug possession or a bunch of other stuff?

Do they even happen outside a ton of other charges? Has *ANYONE* ever been charged on an AWB violation that wasn't associated with not having a license or drug possession or a bunch of other stuff?

Good question. But last one I remember seeing was the AR pistol thing, where the attorney used the AGs edict as a defense and it got dropped. As far as I know however that guy was still facing some other charges for other stuff but I’m not sure what they amounted to….

The likelihood of you needing to fire a gun at all is minimal. But you still carry, don't you?

Also, consider the following statistic (I can't find the source right now, sorry). In police shootings it takes on average three hits to bring someone down. Cops also miss two out of three times. So that's nine rounds... for just one assailant...
I always remember the average gun fight is 3 shots, 3 seconds long and at 3 ft (or 3 yards?). I take a 17 round mag just to be ahead of the curve..

I can’t believe that guy managed to run around the driver side of the cruiser without being seen. And come up behind that cop like that….

He could’ve shot him 47 times and it still would’ve been a clean shoot

I can’t believe that guy managed to run around the driver side of the cruiser without being seen. And come up behind that cop like that….

He could’ve shot him 47 times and it still would’ve been a clean shoot

There was a baby in the car, he could have been killed before he got his first gang tat.

Any updates?

Should I call Marsha?

I heard the law changed and you can update the mag bodies now.

Any updates?

Should I call Marsha?

I heard the law changed and you can update the mag bodies now.
I can never tell if you’re serious.

IMO, And how they’ve always been doing it in California is…. You can replace any part of a damaged Magazine.. Then, when the next part gets damaged you can replace that.
So on, and so forth until the entire mag consists of new parts..
The people who weren’t using this, just a blatantly skirt the law kept all the damage parts in a bag as a legal defense. It’s all bullshit…. Stay within your comfort level of what you think is right, and be willing to fight for it. Or just go buy another mag.

Lol. Are you allowed to add extensions to pre 94 mag bodies as long as the original tube is still part of it? If so, theoretically I could convert these to 200 round ball sack drums.

IMG_20160406_225917.jpgIMG_20160406_225749.jpg

If they already had a capacity over 10 then yes..
It’s like I’d felt like coupling a 100 belt with another 100rd belt for a 200 rd belt.

Looking at that, isn't it just a plastic shell around a metal mag? Or are there just some metal inserts for the mag and it is mostly plastic?

Gluing could work, just expect to also put some time in with sanding.

I take something like that and throw it directly into the trash. Or it gets thrown downrange and shot. (Where not disallowed lol). I think the last u notch i had, i gave it away to someone on here, or to someone buying another mag.

I never repaired mine when they crack.

I have so many they can be replaced.

How about duct tape?
If you're going to bother repairing it there's no reason why you can't just use some epoxy or something and some clamps duct tape is the worst of all options. I would glue that shit back together clamp it and then wait till it cures and then maybe grind off the excess. But im not that desperate or poor.

Bro, you can’t replace the plastic that’s the magazine body and where the ID marks are, drive to NH, oh man…

Oh No What GIF by Identity

The only way you’ll be in the clear if if the marks are for some reason on the baseplate, which is impossible. Or, polymer dating shows they existed during preban times and exonerates you of wrong-doing and shows you were justified in replacing the tubing. I’ve actually done the opposite, crack in the plastic popped a Zev +5 on and it held the mag together. It was really shitty and unreliable but it looked badass at the range. I think the Zev ended up breaking but it was fun while it lasted!

Back
Top Bottom