Replacing Broken Pre Ban Glock Mag Bodies With New Glock Mag Bodies In Massachusetts

I have been hearing from various reliable sources that a Massachusetts resident can replace broken mag bodies on pre ban mags.

I have a Happy Stick with a crack.

Can I drive to NH and buy a new Happy Stick and return with just the mag body to replace my cracked one?

I think if I keep the receipt and note that the other parts were left behind - I can stay out of jail.

Any thoughts?
JUST DO IT. P*SSY.

Dude, just use post ban mags. We know you are trying to do that, just f*cking do it and don't post online.

Or go ask the AG.

This is another dumb thread. What are you looking for? Someone to admit they are using a new mag body? Would it help you sleep at night knowing someone is doing that? Would you go buy one then?

Well, you won't. Because you would have done it already without asking for permission from your internet friends.

My interpretation is……..
You can replace the entire magazine. Just one part at a time….

The entire thing is a bunch of bullshit.

And in all honesty I just keep all my broken mags around and as they break I recombine them into new magazines…..

I have like a 10 lifetime supply magazine so it’s something I haven’t thought about in a while..

If you want to go full retard like I do all the time. I must have enough HK308 belts to link up 15,000 rounds at a time. These are the non-disintegrating ones…

Somebody’s brother Must have got the contract for Manufacturing these, they all must have made 70 years ago. 250 round belts for five dollars ea. What a steal…

Probably cost me more than five dollars to get the Cosmoline off them…

Last edited:
first, you said:

then, you said:

so, which is it? Are all u-notch magazines pre-ban, or are there u-notch magazines with restricted markings?

Only one of these statements is true.
I say all U notch are pre ban except for the ones with Restricted Markings.

That one rare 33 round mag is such an outlier that it really does not count.

Just like the 10,000 mags that were made just before the ban that had high caliber markings - there are exceptions.

But, considering said 33 round mag actually has Restrictions stamped on it there is no doubt it's post ban.

I never saw a U notch mag 17 rounds or less that had Restrictions, though.

I don’t have time to Google it. But look into all these drums for ar-15s and aks especially on gunbroker ..I’m not Going to go into the whole history of Norinco and Polytech….But I’m telling you the same machines that made the pre-ban ones are still in operation in China……

I’ve got a 33 round stick, That reptile converted to 17 rounds….I’m pretty sure he just save 16 children…The sky is falling won’t somebody think of the children!?

Im gonna say the body is the mag. You could probably change everything else except the body and be ok.
What you would say has no bearing on what the law is. Anyone who claims to know is simply guessing.

Many people were surprised back in 94 when the ATF did not rule "the body is the mag" and left things wide open for replacement tubes.

I'd guess there are many Mags of Theseus in private hands in MA.

Reptile is an informant so therefore he’s not going to jail..

I’m also an informant so does anybody want a Glock mags?..Come on glock mags?

I won’t say how many guns I own but I don’t own a Glock…

I just got the tea leaves and the Cheerios out and “q” said reptile does not own a Glock.,..

Reptile is an informant so therefore he’s not going to jail..

I’m also an informant so does anybody want a Glock mags?..Come on glock mags?

I won’t say how many guns I own but I don’t own a Glock…

I just got the tea leaves and the Cheerios out and “q” said reptile does not own a Glock.,..
Investment grade happy stix.

I know what I got

Just like the 10,000 mags that were made just before the ban that had high caliber markings - there are exceptions.
I've been asking for years for any evidence that the height of caliber markings makes any difference whatsoever. Still waiting...

Back in 2014 I was going thru my Glock magazines I noticed a brand new in package pre ban Glock 17 U notch had a crack going down the back of the magazine. So I said what the hell even know I purchased back in the late 80s. It was still brand new in package and never used. I called Glock the warranty Service dept and explained the problem. They were very nice and and accommodating. They asked me to send the magazine back to them to inspect the cracked magazine and would replace it with a 10 round magazine so I said better to have no crack magazine than a cracked useless magazine. So I sent back to Glock and to my surprise I received back in the mail a preban U notch looked brand new Glock 17 magazine. They may have had a pre ban U notch body laying around and used it for me. So sending back to Glock is a roll of the dice but worked for me in 2014.

Just sign up to be a cop in MA. Then retire. Be part of the protected class where you are graciously allowed to carry as many high capacity clips and assault weapons as you want.

I've been asking for years for any evidence that the height of caliber markings makes any difference whatsoever. Still waiting...
i would put it differently - anyone who actually expects the LEOs to pay any attention of where on some magazine some letters are placed in attempt to use it as a 'proof' for a pre-ban status is going to be severely disappointed. no timestamp - no proof - end of the conversation, a charge of the hi-cap magazine possession added to the list.
:)

If I was forced to make a choice I would rather have a new 10 round mag than a 30 year old “Pre Ban” in my HD or CCW.
Why? If the mag runs well, it runs well. If it doesn't, replace the spring and follower.

i would put it differently - anyone who actually expects the LEOs to pay any attention of where on some magazine some letters are placed in attempt to use it as a 'proof' for a pre-ban status is going to be severely disappointed. no timestamp - no proof - end of the conversation, a charge of the hi-cap magazine possession added to the list.
:)
When it comes to cops looking at your mags and realizing that they hold more than ten rounds, my guess is that one of just two things will happen: some cops won't know a thing about pre-ban this or that and will arrest you anyways, while other cops won't GAF either way and won't care. If you're risk averse, just stick with ten round mags; if you're not, then there's a strong argument to be made for carrying whatever new mags you want.

If I was forced to make a choice I would rather have a new 10 round mag than a 30 year old “Pre Ban” in my HD or CCW.
I never really could understand the hi-cap thing anyway. All the studies I have ever read say, three shots or less for most civilians shooting. So, why does someone want to carry a 17 round mag with one or two spare mags? I know, I know, it's because the state says you can't have then, that's the answer. When someone tells you that you can't have something you want it all the more.

Back
Top Bottom