• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Replacing Broken Pre Ban Glock Mag Bodies With New Glock Mag Bodies In Massachusetts

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The likelihood of you needing to fire a gun at all is minimal. But you still carry, don't you?

Also, consider the following statistic (I can't find the source right now, sorry). In police shootings it takes on average three hits to bring someone down. Cops also miss two out of three times. So that's nine rounds... for just one assailant...

Did you see the video from a few days ago of I think Texas cops in a shootout with a car at traffic stop? One of the cops emptied his mag into the guy after he went down, lol.

Was in Florida:

Last edited:

milktree

NES Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Doesn't work. OK while on the job. Questionable at best after retirement (gray area) . . . and that info was from an EOPS attorney in a couple of FTF conversations. Of course if anyone wants to be a test case, then we might get a definitive answer.

I would bet a nice dinner that a retired cop would get a free pass on any AWB related anything, regardless of the law.

So, even if being a retired LEO doesn’t legally protect you in a strict reading of the law, in any real world practical application it does.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I would bet a nice dinner that a retired cop would get a free pass on any AWB related anything, regardless of the law.

So, even if being a retired LEO doesn’t legally protect you in a strict reading of the law, in any real world practical application it does.

You'll be waiting a long time to test that, because AWB charges in mass are uncommonly rare, retired cop or not.

milktree

NES Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
You'll be waiting a long time to test that, because AWB charges in mass are uncommonly rare, retired cop or not.

Do they even happen outside a ton of other charges? Has *ANYONE* ever been charged on an AWB violation that wasn't associated with not having a license or drug possession or a bunch of other stuff?

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Do they even happen outside a ton of other charges? Has *ANYONE* ever been charged on an AWB violation that wasn't associated with not having a license or drug possession or a bunch of other stuff?

Good question. But last one I remember seeing was the AR pistol thing, where the attorney used the AGs edict as a defense and it got dropped. As far as I know however that guy was still facing some other charges for other stuff but I’m not sure what they amounted to….

chris_1001

NES Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
The likelihood of you needing to fire a gun at all is minimal. But you still carry, don't you?

Also, consider the following statistic (I can't find the source right now, sorry). In police shootings it takes on average three hits to bring someone down. Cops also miss two out of three times. So that's nine rounds... for just one assailant...
I always remember the average gun fight is 3 shots, 3 seconds long and at 3 ft (or 3 yards?). I take a 17 round mag just to be ahead of the curve..

MGnoob

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can’t believe that guy managed to run around the driver side of the cruiser without being seen. And come up behind that cop like that….

He could’ve shot him 47 times and it still would’ve been a clean shoot

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I can’t believe that guy managed to run around the driver side of the cruiser without being seen. And come up behind that cop like that….

He could’ve shot him 47 times and it still would’ve been a clean shoot

There was a baby in the car, he could have been killed before he got his first gang tat.

Top Bottom