• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Replacing Broken Pre Ban Glock Mag Bodies With New Glock Mag Bodies In Massachusetts

Reptile

NES Member
I have been hearing from various reliable sources that a Massachusetts resident can replace broken mag bodies on pre ban mags.

I have a Happy Stick with a crack.

Can I drive to NH and buy a new Happy Stick and return with just the mag body to replace my cracked one?

I think if I keep the receipt and note that the other parts were left behind - I can stay out of jail.

Any thoughts?

I have been hearing from various reliable sources that a Massachusetts resident can replace broken mag bodies on pre ban mags.

Can I drive to NH and buy a new Happy Stick and return with just the mag body to replace my cracked one?

I think if I keep the receipt and note that the other parts were left behind - I can stay out of jail.

Any thoughts?
Lmao

If you're afraid of the lawr do not do this

The last time i heard of EOPS legitimizing this was during the romney admin. Good luck getting that in writing nowadays.

Or you can just buy big kid pants and do whatever, at your own risk/peril/etc

Lmao

If you're afraid of the lawr do not do this

The last time i heard of EOPS legitimizing this was during the romney admin. Good luck getting that in writing nowadays.

Or you can just buy big kid pants and do whatever, at your own risk/peril/etc
People really need to grow a set of balls.

I still have a hard time when board vets post question like this, as I feel like I'm missing out on the joke and any real advice I try to submit is just met with eyerolls. lol. But here goes...

New 33rd glock mags are square notch, no? Old ones are U notch. The defining characteristic of it being "preban" would be swapped out under this scenario.

But seriously... What is broken on the mag body? Many plastics can be either thermally or chemically welded.

I still have a hard time when board vets post question like this, as I feel like I'm missing out on the joke and any real advice I try to submit is just met with eyerolls. lol. But here goes...

New 33rd glock mags are square notch, no? Old ones are U notch. The defining characteristic of it being "preban" would be swapped out under this scenario.

"Usually but not always. "
My one U notch Happy stick has a crack.

The new ones don't crack.

All U notch are pre ban...

BUT - I once saw a U notch with Restricted Markings on it.

I have seen and also been told of new U-notch 33 rd Glock mags, so the U-notch is only reliable for their standard capacity mags, not the ones that were originally made for their machine pistol.

Any thoughts?
If you're so worried about going to jail, wouldn't it just be easier to move to N.H?

If I whittle, dremel and sand a piece of Oak from a 50-year old tree into a Glock 30-round magazine... Will it be legal in Massachusetts as it is 50-years old?

I will not be carving in the ambi release slots if that helps...

dcc70tg-ace70ad6-ff8d-410d-89ba-1709dfa560cd.gif

I carved this one at 10 rounds, so I know It's OK...

1631646480696.png

Last edited:
first, you said:
All U notch are pre ban...
then, you said:
BUT - I once saw a U notch with Restricted Markings on it.
so, which is it? Are all u-notch magazines pre-ban, or are there u-notch magazines with restricted markings?

Only one of these statements is true.

If I whittle, dremel and sand a piece of Oak from a 50-year old tree into a Glock 30-round magazine... Will it be legal in Massachusetts as it is 50-years old?

I will not be carving in the ambi release slots if that helps...

View attachment 522784

I carved this one at 10 rounds, so I know It's OK...

View attachment 522785
was the wood in MA before 1998? ;)

Back
Top Bottom