Replacement LTC

Titan

Banned
Has anyone ever misplaced their LTC or had their wallet stolen, and had to request a replacement?

What was the process like? What risks if any to not having it replaced?

If you do not have your license, you can't take your guns out of the house. You must always have your license when taking your guns anywhere.

Your PD will issue a replacement free. It will have a different number but the same expiration date.

Just tell the PD and they will issue you a new one in about a week or so. As long as you didn't lose a gun suitability shouldn't be an issue.

Update...

GREAT experience with Plymouth PD!

gene was correct.

Submitted my request for a replacement and was told I'd have a new one in about a week.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever encountered an allegation of 'insuitability' because of the 'loss'?

Never heard a case like that occurring before. I'd say that even the most hardass PDs wouldn't pull a stupid stunt like that (but I could be wrong)

Never heard a case like that occurring before. I'd say that even the most hardass PDs wouldn't pull a stupid stunt like that (but I could be wrong)

I was glad to hear that. You never know...I thought there might be an allegation that 'you didn't take proper care' to prevent losing it.

Obviously, this state has me on edge.

Back
Top Bottom