Replacement grips for SW Bodyguard .38 Revolver

I recently purchased a Body Guard in .38 cal but didn't care for the narrow grips. I didn't realize how hard it would be to find replacement
grips for this revolver. Almost nobody makes any. And none at all in exotic woods anywhere. I finally read an article that said Hogue made a replacement "Rubber" grip for this handgun and I bought one from Hogue online. Reasonable price, less than $35 delivered. I tapped out the pin on the factory grips with a small hammer and an awl. Removed the grips and "Also" removed the 4 small hard rubber nipples inside the new grip with my pen knife. They pop right out. Inserted the replacement center peg with two small nuts and pushed the new grip into place. Tapped it on the butt with the hammer to seat it well. Slid in the small back strap attachment provided according to the instructions and then tapped the butt corner piece into place again using the small hammer to tap it in. Finished.... Nice larger grip to fill the hand with finger grooves... and it looks well on the Smith.. should absorb the +P 's at the range much better. Good Luck Folks ! Sarge

Back
Top Bottom