• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Replacement foam for cases

shotgunwilly870

NES Member
Are there any alternatives to buying the expensive factory replacement foam for pelican cases I'd like to setup my case for other rifles just wondering if anyone has found anything that works local or online that's cheaper than the pelican foam
1a1d0f79902a732f5021a43be8978430.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

try an re-upholster/furniture repair shop if you have one in your area. a few years ago i needed foam to re-do hard shell cases and stopped by a local one on a whim. he had tons of remnants in the back from jobs. found some nice material. left with a hefty trash bag full for 5 bucks. worth a look. sadly these guys are few and far between now.

Back in the day, Building 19 locations used to carry mattress-sized sheets of foam, and sofa cushion-sized blocks of foam. Bldg 19 is out of business now, but try Ocean State Job Lot.

Other thing you can do is cover the firearm in plastic wrap, then use expanding spray foam to create a bed, cover with a thin cloth, then lay the firearm in it for a custom mold. Haven't tried it, but saw it on the web.

There s a company called Carolina cases or something that cnc cuts foam to your specs. Not cheap, but at least you know it's right. I'll find the link later.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Joanne Fabrics carries upholstery foam like the Bldg 19 foam mentioned above. I’ve read some foams are better than others regarding rust risk. I believe closed cell is better than open but either way I wouldn’t store any guns in long term contact with foam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joanne Fabrics carries upholstery foam like the Bldg 19 foam mentioned above. I’ve read some foams are better than others regarding rust risk. I believe closed cell is better than open but either way I wouldn’t store any guns in long term contact with foam.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, to Joanne Fabrics.
And also, I believe there is an NES'r selling foam from an old case in the classifieds or yard sale.

I have a sheet of the egg crate style foam, if that would work for you shoot me a PM. It could be picked up in Wareham. $0.

Back
Top Bottom