Repeal the Assault Weapons Ban in 2018

The AG doesn't get to approve the content of an initiative petition, only the form, to insure that the proposed law is in a "proper form to be submitted to the people." He DOES NOT get to decide on the content, except that the proposed law also can't infringe certain "excluded matters", which this does not.

"The Attorney General's own policy views play no role in certification decisions. Rather, amendment article 48 requires the Attorney General to certify an initiative measure if the following requirements are met, and to refuse to certify the measure if the requirements are not met."

http://www.mass.gov/ago/government-...ot-questions/initiative-petition-process.html

Just remember, if you're on NES, you're in an echo chamber. Your friends, family, co-workers, etc. may think you're a nice person and may not be worried about what you have in your gun safe, but they'll buy right into all the well-funded propaganda that will be thrown against such a measure.

Spot on. I also know a lot of people that like to go shooting once in a while but are happy with restricted gun ownership because "who needs an evil rifle that can fire thousands of rounds". I have a friend I will not take to the range because he always questions why I have guns in the house, yet he likes to go skeet shooting.

- - - Updated - - -

If you do nothing, nothing happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes, it is better to do nothing. See above.

Well - the American Revolution was only supported by 1/3 of the population. Another 1/3 was opposed, and the final 1/3 was apathetic.

It took 8 years, and the winning of many hopeless battles by irregular troops against a powerful and well trained force, but victory was won.

We can't do the same? Where is the spirit of all those Gadsden flag holders that show up at the GOAL rallies? I'm sure it's here somewhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one is going to sacrifice their life to start a revolution because they have to buy an M&P instead of a Glock, or a Mini-14 instead of an AR, or a 10-round mag instead of a 17-round. The only way we'll have our own Stonewall is if they start kicking down doors and killing people for mass confiscation, and I don't see that happening soon. The more realistic choice is to comply, avoid, or circumvent as you see fit.

The AG doesn't get to approve the content of an initiative petition, only the form, to insure that the proposed law is in a "proper form to be submitted to the people." He DOES NOT get to decide on the content, except that the proposed law also can't infringe certain "excluded matters", which this does not.

"The Attorney General's own policy views play no role in certification decisions. Rather, amendment article 48 requires the Attorney General to certify an initiative measure if the following requirements are met, and to refuse to certify the measure if the requirements are not met."

http://www.mass.gov/ago/government-...ot-questions/initiative-petition-process.html

There should be a ballot question to make the AG a political appointment instead of an elected official.

Then Massachusetts is a slave-state. The residents here are tax-slaves, who have their money taken from them, then used against them. They must accept the will of their masters (and mistresses), and do as they are told. Apparently, they are happy to submit, and to comply. The only way to avoid being a tax-slave is to move away.

There should be a ballot question to make the AG a political appointment instead of an elected official.

Honestly, that's not really a better option in my opinion. Given the governor's almost always either a Democrat or a RINO, we get pounded hard either way.

Then Massachusetts is a slave-state. The residents here are tax-slaves, who have their money taken from them, then used against them. They must accept the will of their masters (and mistresses), and do as they are told. Apparently, they are happy to submit, and to comply. The only way to avoid being a tax-slave is to move away.

You’re a tax slave anywhere you live. You’re delusional if you think otherwise.

Cute in theory, not in practice. An AG needs to be held accountable to the people somehow. If the Mass GOP did a better job and ran better candidates, you would have a Republican AG – how did Charlie Baker get into office? Because he sucked less at the time than the Dem candidate.

As true as that may be, with what happened July 20th, I'm gonna go with the AG is untouchable and can "impose" any change she feels.. The precedent has been set. My only hope is that she loses the law suit and somehow all she did July 20th is reversed and she is removed from office for abuse of powers.. Some elected officials are in jail right now or went to jail for that very reason.

I think a more realistic approach would be getting LTC holders on the same AWB exempt list as LEO's. It would require only minor adjustment to the wording of the law. The moonbats get to keep their AWB, and we get to be exempt.

Back
Top Bottom