• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rep Points...

If I can drag you guys back on topic (kicking and screaming, no doubt), what do the various colors of squares next to the (blank) comment boxes mean? I mean, I have two green and two blue squares... but I don't have any clue if those are good or bad!

OK, so no one can see the comments that we leave but you mods?

That's cool.. And glad that you guys are watching it.. Like TBP said, I would hate to get negs because people don't like what I say..

It would be nice to see your own comments. Not everyone's, jsut the ones that are left for you...

Now, rep me up!

what do the various colors of squares next to the (blank) comment boxes mean? I mean, I have two green and two blue squares... but I don't have any clue if those are good or bad!

The more green squares the better, and if you hover your mouse over the squares it will tell you what your rating is.
Apparently green comments are good, but what are the dark blue squares denoting? I'm guessing that red ones are bad but is it possible to leave neutral comments? If so, what is the point?

Ross, it seems that you can only leave positive or negative feedback.

Positive feedback does not require that you type any text in to justify it. I don't think it even allows for typing any text in to justify it (which I would like to see as an option).

Negative feedback REQUIRES that you type a reason into the text box.

You can't leave "neutral" feedback. It's a rudimentary up or down thing.

---------------

C-pher, begging for positive feedback is tacky! And probably deserves some NEGATIVE feedback! [devil] [wink]

They are grey. That means the person leaving reputation doesnt have any points yet.

Ross, it seems that you can only leave positive or negative feedback.

Positive feedback does not require that you type any text in to justify it. I don't think it even allows for typing any text in to justify it (which I would like to see as an option).

Negative feedback REQUIRES that you type a reason into the text box.
Ah... Now I understand. Thanks, guys.

Ok, now that you understand, I will give you some positive rep points. And that is even though you gave me a negative on this thread! [smile]

Everytime I've left feedback, it's been positive, and it askes me to put some text in...

It gives you the text box, but you can leave it blank unless you are leaving negative feedback.

And before Ross gets you, you every time is 2 words, and there is no E in asks [devil]

It gives you the text box, but you can leave it blank unless you are leaving negative feedback.

And before Ross gets you, you every time is 2 words, and there is no E in asks [devil]

Ohmygod, Adam, you better find yourself a mirror quickly!

I think you've been cloned into a giant-sized Dwarven1!

Better check your face for a scraggly beard and your toes for hair between 'em!

I think you've been cloned into a giant-sized Dwarven1!

Better check your face for a scraggly beard and your toes for hair between 'em!
Wow... tough crowd.

And my beard is NOT scraggly, counselor!!! Them's fightin' words!
blbl.gif

Don't worry TBP. The mods and I are keeping a close eye on it. If it doesn't work out I can turn it off. I turned it on to get people to think twice before posting something that might not be factual or something that is intended to be a shot at someone.

You mean like when someone calls all the conjecture on open carry a bunch of bunk? Oh, those open carry threads just get closed quickly, don't they? [pot] [thinking]

(-;

What about comments on mods? [thinking] [thinking]

[popcorn]

I would think I might have something to say about Scriv, but his insight adds just too much to the discussion, despite his wisenheimer tone of delivery.

I'd much rather see the ability to delete your own post. Most software and most boards allow this, and it would save a lot of weeding out of junk.

Back
Top Bottom