• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rep Points question

In. Thanks.

You guys leave rep points for the OP in any karma you enter, right?

Now that you've mentioned it (in another forum, but this seemed a better place to ask) when leaving rep points for karma's or otherwise just being a great guy or gal, where should one leave them? In the past I have 1) clicked on the person's name; 2) clicked on Feedback Score; 3) Clicked on Submit Feedback for ...; 4) Selected Trade in the You were the... box, since there was no purchase but rather a "trade" of good will or info; 5) filled in the rest as usual.

Is this the best way to do it, or is there another "proper" way these types of "rep" points should be done?

And no [sad2] until you had just mentioned it, I hadn't thought to leave them when entering a karma, but this will now be remedied in the future [grin]

Now that you've mentioned it (in another forum, but this seemed a better place to ask) when leaving rep points for karma's or otherwise just being a great guy or gal, where should one leave them? In the past I have 1) clicked on the person's name; 2) clicked on Feedback Score; 3) Clicked on Submit Feedback for ...; 4) Selected Trade in the You were the... box, since there was no purchase but rather a "trade" of good will or info; 5) filled in the rest as usual.

Is this the best way to do it, or is there another "proper" way these types of "rep" points should be done?

And no [sad2] until you had just mentioned it, I hadn't thought to leave them when entering a karma, but this will now be remedied in the future [grin]
From what Ive gathered here the feedback secton is for transactions to leave rep points click on star badge low left corner of members post.But thats also coming from a somewhat newbie.Its how I've done it

How do you leave more than one point at a time? I have wanted to leave 2 or 3 in he past, but couldnt figure it out..

You don't have any control over it! When you leave reputation, you leave quantity based on the reputation you have received.

... There are some members who leave 30+ at a time!

The better you are perceived here, the better reputation you can leave for others! Be generous, and Karma (and your fellow posters) will bring it back to you!

You don't have any control over it! When you leave reputation, you leave quantity based on the reputation you have received.

... There are some members who leave 30+ at a time!

For every 100 rep points you have, you can give 1 point.
Some people here have accumulated over 5000 points, when one of them +rep you the points add up quick.

Yeah... you've been giving transaction feedback instead of rep points... I hope you weren't giving them to any unscrupulous traders [laugh]

... and if those same people find cause to neg-rep you... look out! That punch hurts!

[grin]

Ha ha! I got that once for asking a stupid and downright absurd question a long while back. I learned my lesson fast. Its good to have thick skin at times though if you are going to post on NES! [smile]

Hope this does not get locked, just discussing rep points not Complaining about neg reps like previous threads.

Personally give + rep points for Karma's, someone who helped me out, posts I agree with .
Neg reps for someone being a jack***.

Reputation is displayed as the green, gray, or red squares under your name. It reflects what others think of your contributions here.

Reputation is displayed as the green, gray, or red squares under your name. It reflects what others think of your contributions here.

If you hover the mouse over the bars, it has a ranking. Like RichM is a Leg Point Holder, whatever that means. Whenever I google it, it just brings up some NES'r.

Leg Point Holder

NEW BREAK DOWN FOR 2006

EIC “leg” points are awarded based on the number of non-distinguished competitors:

eic_points.jpg

Two 10 point legs awarded when there are over 96 non-distinguished competitors.

A shooter may only compete in three leg matches in one year, the only exception is the National Trophy Individual at Camp Perry in August. This will allow them to shoot in four during the year. The National Championship usually draws over 1200 service rifles shooters for that match.

Once a person aquires 30 leg points with the rifle or pistol they become a distinguished marksman or distinguished pistol shot.

http://www.odcmp.com/Competitions/Rulebook.pdf page 51 lists the new breakdown.

I'll proudly join that group... virtually, even if I'm not actualy qualified... I'd be real fun to attend a match at Camp Perry sometime... and I'd have to sling a lot of copper downrange before I'd qualify to compete there...

Derek uses several of the CMP rankings as reputation levels on the board. You'll notice his avatar... Congratulations, Derek!

Last edited:
What does a gray rep point mean? What is the best way to look at your rep points and can you only see the latest ones or can you see all reps you've ever received?

I believe grey means that they person giving it had little themselves. You can call that the "it's the thought that counts rep point".

Back
Top Bottom